Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Down on the farm cubby refit

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    KG, what marvelous texture! I got all snuggly warm just looking at the photos!

Decades ago I had a neighbor teach me crocheting, and I was able to turn out fairly decent granny squares, single stitch chains and zig zag patterns, but it's been so long since I've picked up a needle I've forgotten every thing about it! Come to think of it, I wonder if I can still ride a bike?
    I am in complete agreement! I have never seen that stitch pattern, knitgal, it is beautiful!

Ladyjem, we have a similar crochet history
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Thank you, JEM and Neen! I love the pattern, so gender neutral, and since we don't yet know the baby's gender, figured this was perfect.
    Last edited by knitgal2; February 24th, 2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Adding thanks to Neen :)

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Oh, I'm so torn!! The Macassar ebony wood one to die for. It's so gorgeous, but the steamer trunk just screams "Have Bar, Will Party!" Since money is no object, might we get both?...and love the accompanying wall decor....trés chic!

I wonder if the trunk comes with wheels. If not, perhaps we can get Handyman to add a few discreet casters, then no matter who is hosting an event, they needn't worry about the liquid refreshments...truly a portable bar of the first magnitude!

(Sorry if I just inadvertently lengthened your to do list, Handy! I'll carry the bricks for you when you tackle the pizza oven to make up for it!)

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Drinks cabinet

I have been on an exhaustive hunt for the perfect cocktail cabinet to house the Ambrosia, Baileys, Butterscotch Schnapps, Cointreau, Cognac and other delectable ingredients for our drinking pleasure. I have selected a range of cabinets for discussion.

First up, this unique, stylised, cocktail cabinet in the unusual and quirky form of a travelling trunk. This cabinet bar available in an extensive collection of exquisite leathers to suit our decor.

Alternatively, but similar in nature, is this tall antique mirror glass cabinet with brass studs designed for Soho House, Miami. Inspired by 1920's fashion for cocktail cabinets, it has been reinterpreted to house a fridge and drawers for storage. The fridge would mean we would always have chilled liquors and lemons on stock, while leaving sufficient room in the official bar fridge for wine and beer.

[/IMG][/URL]

If these are not to your taste and you would like something more elaborate, next, an exceptional couture two door cocktail bar cabinet of magnificent and prominent height by Taylor Llorente. Classically referenced, this important piece is finished in highly specified and figured Macassar ebony with the figuration or grain of the wood arranged in a geometric pattern, further enhancing the richness and sumptuousness of the Macassar ebony wood and the bold and crisp profile.

[

Lastly, there is the more traditional style of cocktail cabinet:

[
    And to enhance the wall in the bar area:

Which would you prefer?
    Last edited by GladeMaid; February 25th, 2014 at 03:49 AM.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Oh, my! Glade, you redid your post! Now my post before looks like I have some freaky psychic powers! LOL!!

I still love the trunk...and the Macassar ebony one, but I now see (🔮...) that the trunk does indeed have wheels! So Handyman strike one thing off your list, and I'm off the hook for lugging bricks!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    Oh, I'm so torn!! The Macassar ebony wood one to die for. It's so gorgeous, but the steamer trunk just screams "Have Bar, Will Party!" Since money is no object, might we get both?...and love the accompanying wall decor....trés chic!

I wonder if the trunk comes with wheels. If not, perhaps we can get Handyman to add a few discreet casters, then no matter who is hosting an event, they needn't worry about the liquid refreshments...truly a portable bar of the first magnitude!

(Sorry if I just inadvertently lengthened your to do list, Handy! I'll carry the bricks for you when you tackle the pizza oven to make up for it!)
    Yes, of course we can have both! Perhaps the trunk cabinet for downstairs (yes, it does have wheels) and the Macassar ebony cabinet upstairs, easily accessible from the bedrooms? I'm sure there must be room up there for a sitting area where we can all enjoy a nightcap before bed.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Quote Originally Posted by Spanielgirl View Post
    I know I'm not in your NH ladies, but many are my neighbours, and I just wanted to say I love this thread! Especially the casting couch and rug #2, just fab
    Thanks for your input SG. Maybe your NH could do something similar and we could have a decorating competition aka The HD Block.

KG love the throw, snug as a bug in a rug ....

Glade, I cant decide between the travelling case and the round one, so when an impossible choice presents itself like that, my personal philosophy is to take both. After all think of the pyjama parties upstairs.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Quote Originally Posted by Neen View Post
    I love carpet #2 and found a beautiful piece to go with it. Not sure how to get a picture on here but I will give it a try when I have a few minutes. It is called "San Giorgio Maggiore at Dusk" by Claude Monet.
    I cannot wait to whip up a few goodies for us to share together, perhaps a beef & barley soup with cheese crouton? Or for those experiencing warmer weather that lovely cold tatziki I love so much with crudités and pita toasted in the pizza oven. Don't worry, I am a dish washing machine so will be happy to keep the place sparkling.
    Btw that kitty pic is adorable. I will bring him some treats (not too many though, he seems a bit thick in the middle )

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Monet is one of my favorite Impressionist artists!

I'm always struck just how rich and vibrant his color palette was. Even in his pre-Impressionist early works the colors are stunning. Thanks for reminding me again of what a master he was...and now I'm off to the auction houses and museums to see if a bargain can be had!

You found it jude! Thank you

i think the rolling cabinet is great for downstairs as we can roll it outside for pizza parties! The round one is a beautiful choice for upstairs. I will make sure that we have cloves & honey to go with the cognac, provided someone picks a few fresh lemons to set off the hot toddies!
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde