Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Simple Guide to Making Signatures

A Simple Guide to Making Signatures

Ever wanted a signature or an avatar that no one really seems to know how to bring to life? No matter how hard you look, it just isn't there? Want to make your own but don't have the money for a service? Or downloading a program is too hard? Well you're in luck, because I'm making this thread to teach you how to make your very own signature using a free program, which is so simple, even a monkey could do it!

This magical program is called PicMonkey. http://www.picmonkey.com/?SSAID=860350

This is the program I use to let my imagination run wild on my signatures. And now YOU can too!

What You Need To Get Started:

• First off, you need to have a 500x100 pixel template that you will use as your signature.

It should look like this:

Please use this one! Just right-click on your mouse, and click 'Save Picture As...'

• Next, you will need to download the CoC Fan Kit Supercell released to access pictures of troops, clan shields, buildings, and much more! It will only take a couple minutes, and this will change your signature making for the better.

CoC Fan Kit Link: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/23369462/file.html

• Lastly, you will need fonts. PicMonkey itself has MANY different fonts for use, but they don't always match the look you are trying to accomplish with your signature. That's why I use 1001Fonts. This is a free website that has thousands of fonts for use. When selecting a font, find the one you want, type in what you want it to say, and save it to your computer by right-clicking the text and clicking 'Save Picture As...'

1001Fonts Link: http://www.1001fonts.com/

Now, before you use ANY fonts from this website, you should look at the rules and make sure to follow them. Refer to this link: http://www.1001fonts.com/licenses/ge...age-terms.html

The Procedure

Now you can open PicMonkey and get started on the fun part The pictures will guide you and let you know where you should be...

Step 1, have in mind the background you want, and search for something of that nature on the internet. Once you have found your background, simply save it to your computer.

Step 2, click the 'Edit' button on the top middle, and select your 500x100 template posted above.

Step 3, To add your background, on the left hand side, you will see a tab that is shaped like a heart. Click that. This is the Overlay's section. At the top, you will now see a button that says 'Your Own', if you click it, you can choose from pictures in your computer to add to the 500x100 template that is already open. Find your background, and double click to add it.

Step 4, move your background around so it fits right where you want it to go. Make sure it covers ALL of the signature template. If it doesn't seem to fit right, press and hold the 'Shift' key, and drag the edge of your background where you want it to stretch it and to make it fit.

Step 5, Now that you have the background where you ant it, you can click the button on the far right of the tab above the signature and that will take the 2 pictures (The signature template, and the background) and make them 1.

Step 6, Now you can add the Overlays! Go to the same place where you added the background, (the tab with the heart) and then add your own overlay. Select the troop, building, or whatever, from the CoC Fan Kit you downloaded earlier, and double click it to add it to the picture.

Step 7,
    Now that the troop is in, you can change its color to make it look cooler against the background... To do this, you simply click on the overlay, and change the color. You will see what I mean.

Step 8
    , Now for the font... Go to 1001Fonts and select a font you like. Follow the instructions above. Now that you have the font you like with it saying what you want, you can now add it as an Overlay just as you have done with the background and the troop, building, etc... You may also change the color of it as well.

Step 9, Save your completed signature to your computer, and upload it to your forum account!

Now you're done! Enjoy your signature!

Extra Notes:
    Don't have a troop with an invisible background? Does it have a white background? You can upload the picture as you would normally, and use the eraser tool on that picture to get rid of the white...

Want different levels of troops? Or more buildings? Check out the CoC Wiki! Search for the troop or building you want, and save the level you want. Warning: Not all of these pictures have a transparent background.

CoC Wiki Link:
    http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Clash_of_Clans_Wiki
    Last edited by Gremlin4; February 25th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Clash: TH9|Level 121|4300+ Nice & Tidy|4100+ Cup Record
    Boom: HQ17|Level 46|300 Medals!|TF: EyeRollers|25 Man TF
    Royale: Level 9|2500 Cups|Forum Fluffies|Duckie Co
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Do you even meow, bro?

reserved just in case....

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Do you even meow, bro?

I am riding on a Phoenix, playing Super Smash Bros, although its fire is burning my bottom.
    Very nice guide, not bad at all. Also did you get that fankit from me from the group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell
    Never assume anything. It makes an A.S.S. out of U and M.E.

^^^Click on signature picture^^^
    Current Main Games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U | Super Smash Bros. 3DS | Mario Kart 8
    Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796

Quote Originally Posted by Bakhoumgeorge View Post
    Very nice guide, not bad at all. Also did you get that fankit from me from the group?
    No lol From Ryan's Thread...couldn't find where you posted it lol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Do you even meow, bro?

This is very helpful! Thanks a lot!
    CoC - TH9 - Level 113
    BB - HQ 14 - Level 36
    HD - Level 41

Ehh, thanks for taking my thread idea, no point in finishing my thread now.

"Make love, not war" - Peace

I am riding on a Phoenix, playing Super Smash Bros, although its fire is burning my bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin4 View Post
    No lol From Ryan's Thread...couldn't find where you posted it lol
    Lol, here at the very bottom: http://forum.supercell.net/group.php...e=6&do=discuss
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan0412 View Post
    He didn't take your idea, it was Daddy's idea. Secondly this is PicMonkey not photoshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell
    Never assume anything. It makes an A.S.S. out of U and M.E.

^^^Click on signature picture^^^
    Current Main Games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U | Super Smash Bros. 3DS | Mario Kart 8
    Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796

I thought the entire point was to hear from multiple GFXers... Correct me if I'm wrong though I read both your guides and learned things from both...

“Learn this from me. Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.”
    Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    I'm not doing any level 11 walls

Quote Originally Posted by Bakhoumgeorge View Post
    Lol, here at the very bottom: http://forum.supercell.net/group.php...e=6&do=discuss

He didn't take your idea, it was Daddy's idea. Secondly this is PicMonkey not photoshop.
    I worded that wrong, I didn't mean it like that. Yeah I seen that now, didn't read the whole thing, my bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger3399 View Post
    I thought the entire point was to hear from multiple GFXers... Correct me if I'm wrong though I read both your guides and learned things from both...
    i apologise Grem, nice thread

"Make love, not war" - Peace

I worded that wrong, I didn't mean it like that. Yeah I seen that now, didn't read the whole thing, my bad!

i apologise Grem, nice thread
    Hey, sorry... Yeah I figured I'd do one for something other than Photoshop... Your fine... I like yours better lol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Do you even meow, bro?