Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Base Development Continued

Galaxy Base Development Continued

The Galaxy Base is a design (intended for th8s) that excels against giant based armies. The idea is to have a core surrounded by a body which contains splash defenses. Arms come out of the body and intermingled with the arms are defenses that makes giants path in a circle around the base while stopping to attack the arms.

Rhym is largely credited to the Galaxy Base design, but he (or she) disappeared while it was still a work in progress.

Current Base

Here are some replays desired kindly recorded of this version

Notice the pathing of the giants. While the balloonion raid is a bummer, there is not much you can do as a th8 against that.

The rest of this post I am leaving the same as before, because to be honest I think it is kinda cool to see how each iteration changed it slightly to make an overall big change.

I am making this thread to continue on the development of the galaxy base, but with a different initial layout. The one from the first thread took up too many walls to make the middle of the base, which meant that the arms did not always work. This second design works perfectly against giants traveling counterclockwise, but it still can be improved in these areas:

a) clockwise pathing
    b) it is vulnerable to air attacks

The red shows the path that giants take going counterclockwise. If attacked from the cannon to the right of the archer tower, giants will start pathing clockwise, which is when problems arise. I had an AD where the AT was to bait people into starting off there, which worked almost every single time, but I switched it partly to see if people would still attack from there and partly to help strengthen the base against air attacks.

Please feel free to try out the base and post your solution to these problems here.
    Last edited by verh; April 10th, 2014 at 01:59 AM.

Wouldn't g
    the giants go to the tesla inside the walls instead of the cannon because its closer?

Live in peace, if you want to be close to death, as life is just a diversion of your fate
    The Receptionist TH8 Trophy Base

It's nearly the same base than this one :

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post1450263

How does it work exactly ?

Quote Originally Posted by R3taliate View Post
    Wouldn't g
    the giants go to the tesla inside the walls instead of the cannon because its closer?
    Yeah I must have forgotten to make the arrow for the one on the left, you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isdrydge View Post
    It's nearly the same base than this one :

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post1450263

How does it work exactly ?
    It is almost the same base, but the ring on this one works in at least one direction, while that base had issues with the pathing in both directions, and was even weaker to air attacks. Rhym was the one that was really driving that thread and since he (or she) stopped the discussion, at least as it pertains to a galaxy base, stopped.

The way it works is that giants will follow the red arrows (except on the right side, I forgot to draw them) around the base while stopping to go through the walls that make up the arms. When giants finish a half circle they are usually all dead, and even if they did survive to make a full circle (which hasn't happened yet) all of the spash defenses would be left to take care of the archers/barbarians/goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by verh View Post
    Yeah I must have forgotten to make the arrow for the one on the left, you're right.

It is almost the same base, but the ring on this one works in at least one direction, while that base had issues with the pathing in both directions, and was even weaker to air attacks. Rhym was the one that was really driving that thread and since he (or she) stopped the discussion, at least as it pertains to a galaxy base, stopped.

The way it works is that giants will follow the red arrows (except on the right side, I forgot to draw them) around the base while stopping to go through the walls that make up the arms. When giants finish a half circle they are usually all dead, and even if they did survive to make a full circle (which hasn't happened yet) all of the spash defenses would be left to take care of the archers/barbarians/goblins.
    Just had a quick look on the base, and as you write it's rather vulnerable to air attacks. Some archers and barbs taking out collectors etc in front of the two ADs on the west side followed by a giant or two to tank some cannon/AT fire would allow for the two ADs to be taken out. That, followed by a bunch of giants with 2 healers and some barbs, archers and gobs inbetween where the ADs used to be would be quite deadly (or so it looks on first glance) - have you had anyone attack you like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastis View Post
    Just had a quick look on the base, and as you write it's rather vulnerable to air attacks. Some archers and barbs taking out collectors etc in front of the two ADs on the west side followed by a giant or two to tank some cannon/AT fire would allow for the two ADs to be taken out. That, followed by a bunch of giants with 2 healers and some barbs, archers and gobs inbetween where the ADs used to be would be quite deadly (or so it looks on first glance) - have you had anyone attack you like that?
    Surprisingly no, I haven't. They used to be even more exposed, and it never happened with that version either.

Over the last few days I've tried out three new versions, all of which are intended to prevent back pathing.

This base does so by making it harder to target the cannons instead of the archer towers, and even when both are targeted the ATs go down faster which puts the giants back on track. This base also has the best AD protection so far.

This base was supposed to keep the giants from back pathing to the WT, but instead they would go for the mortar which was just as bad. This base failed miserably.

This is the base I'm currently testing. I noticed that with the other other bases the walls between the core and the mortars never got touched, when the core was taken it was always by wizards or a archer queen, which was why I decided to get rid of those walls to make the buffer for the WT better. The ADs are more protected than most earlier versions but I still want to work on that, right now I'm curious as to how this core will hold up.

This is the only non sniping attack so far, and I think it did pretty well.

This is the latest defense, I am very satisfied with the pathing, now I just want to work on protecting the air defenses more, preferably by pushing the walls out one more space so archers can't snip them.

I fixed the issue where archers could pick off the ADs, now they have to be in range of a WT, a mortar, or both. So far I've been attacked by a standard giant healer, a giant healer with pekkas, and some giants with dragons and only the dragons managed to take a gold storage out. Now I'm just making sure the pathing is perfect, which seems to be the case so far, and I think it's done.

Looks good. I'm almost done with TH 7 and I think I'll try this out to see how it works