Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Hay Day Tips. <3

My Hay Day Tips. <3

Hey everyone, I've been playing Hay Day like an addict for the past month and a half. I absolutely love it! I thought at first it would be a great way to pass time, but now I find myself wanting to play it more and more.
    I've seen a lot of new people around the forums asking for help, so I figured that I would post some of my tips here and hopefully help some people out!
    Feel free to add more tips here.

1. Keep most commonly used crop seeds on hand. Your animals need feed and some of your recipes need certain veggies and fruits, so always try to keep at least a little on hand.
    -I cannot tell you how many times I've had to search through the paper to find soybeans or carrots. I simply run out sometimes, but keeping a supply of fruits/veggies on hand will enable you to plant some when you get low. Harvesting gives you experience, so why not?!

2. Save those diamonds and vouchers for emergencies!
    -I spent a lot of vouchers on my pets...while I absolutely love them...I really wish I wouldn't have done that. You can use the vouchers to make lures for fishing...each time you break your personal record of biggest fish caught you earn a diamond or so! Also catching a new type of fish that you had previously not caught gives diamonds as well.
    To get these better fish...you must have the better lures which are of course made with the vouchers.
    -Diamonds come in handy when you're broke coin wise. I have ordered Tom on several different occasions for 15 diamonds each time and have always had the coins flowing in while I had him. You can also use diamonds to open up additional production slots for your machines.

3. Don't focus on leveling up as fast as you can. Leveling is nice because it gives you new pets, production machines, and various other new things, but this shouldn't be your primary focus. Afterall, what good is having all of those things available when you cannot afford to pay for them?
    -I ran into this problem because in every game that I have played...you're supposed to level up as quickly as possible. With Hay Day I tried this very same method too. Level up AND THEN buy what I needed in the future. The game simply will not work that way very well. You need coins to buy the buildings, farm animals, and their pens.
    Focus on making money AND gaining experience that way you will be able to afford the things you want/need to buy.

4. ORDER TOM WITH DIAMONDS!
    -I've not spent any real life money on this game and to be honest...I probably won't ever do that. All it really boils down to is proper management of your funds (coins/diamonds.) I've had the diamonds to purchase Tom on about 3-4 different occasions. I think that today is my 4th day.
    I like to pay for him when I first wake up. This ensures that I get him for all day, evening, and until I go to bed late at night. Yeah...he takes two hour naps and I hate that, but whatever.
    -Use him for high priced items. I never use Tom for things I actually need. I can make those myself. It might take longer, but that is totally okay with me.
    I use him to find goods that I can buy low and sell high. Here is a very short list of the ONLY items that I use Tom to buy.
    *Cherry Popsicles
    *Cheesecake
    *Apple Pie
    Those 3 items are the only items that I have used Tom to find since I've started purchasing him. I just reached level 33 today, so Cherry Popsicles were the newest thing that I could make, so I used Tom to find some. I'm not sure about the prices of certain items above my level, but if you're 33 or slightly above...I'd suggest these for a very fast money maker.

5. Shop in your newspaper for really great deals and stock up.
    -Sometimes I see carrots and corn in the paper for 20 coins. I tend to buy that when I see it. I do the same if I see 10 wheat in there for 1 coin. I use wheat frequently, so I can never have too much.
    -You can find building materials or land expansion items in the newspaper too. I've seen so many as of lately and not all of them are at max price which makes it great for a person who buys low and sells high. Sometimes its also good to notice what you usually do not find on your farm and save it. Example...I never find nails on my farm or when I help out at other peoples farms. So, if I see nails in the paper you can bet I'll buy them and save them.

6. Load your machines with items that take the longest while you sleep.
    -For example...cherry popsicles take 3 hours I believe to make just one. Tonight before I go to bed I will be loading my ice cream machine with that so I can wake up in the morning and collect.

7. Always keep your machines busy doing something. Even if you have no need for a specific item that you're making...load your machine anyway.
    -For example...I rarely need cream, brown sugar, or cookies. I load my machine with them anyway because they don't take too long to make and I can sell them for maxed price. People always buy these items.

8. Be picky about what you sell.
    -Everyone is selling eggs, bacon and eggs, wool, and wheat. I'm not saying you shouldn't sell these, but don't expect them to go too fast unless you put them at an unbeatable price. I'm rarely ever able to sell wool, so when I have to put it up to get more space...I price is very low. 10 wool for 150 coins. You may have better luck than me, but I like to sell my items fast.

9. Advertise in the newspaper the smart way!
    -You want your advertisement to last as long as possible. This means that you will need to put at least one item up that will take a while to sell. For me I find it to be pumpkins, chilies, tomatoes, or eggs. I always price these lower than the max price and they still sell...but just not too quickly.
    *If I'm running out of space in my silo or barn I will typically put out great items that I know sell quickly so that way I can get the space I need.

I'm sure there are more tips that I can think of, but that is basically how I play my game in regards to making coins quickly. On a slow day I can make around 15,000 coins...on a pretty good day I can make around 40,000 coins.

In case anyone is curious, here is a list of items that I sell:

-Cookies
    -Fish
    -Cream
    -Sugars (brown and white)
    -Apples, pumpkins, indigo, chilies, and tomatoes
    -Sugarcane (65 coins), Corn & carrots (20 coins)
    -Cow Milk (250 coins)
    -Cream Cake, Red Berry Cake, Cheesecake
    -Apple Pie, Bacon Pie, Fish Pie
    -Fish Sandwich
    -Syrup
    -Carrot Juice, Apple juice, Cherry Juice
    -Cherry Popsicle, and vanilla ice cream.

Notice...I very rarely sell eggs. I never sell wheat. All of those things above except for cow milk I sell at max price and I sell them daily.

One of my biggest pet peeves is flipping through the paper and not seeing any good items, so I want to be one of the ones that provides items that you usually don't find in the papers.

Anyway, hope my guide helped at least someone.

My 2 cents....

I'd like to add that you would be surprised how cheaply priced wheat, corn, and other crops sell. Higher level players have a lot of room in their silos and a lot of coins. Time though, they don't always have. Its much easier for them to buy these crops...you earn the xp to level up (which, when you get in the high 40's, is your big goal) and they get produce which will fly out of your rss. I sell premium stuff a lot, too....but don't knock other items if sold at a reasonable price. Anything you make yourself is pure profit if you use your own resources, so things like bacon and eggs should be priced cheaply to sell. Also, about the wool, save yours and sell it to the little people. They ask mostly for items you have the largest qty of. And sweaters/hats are easily purchased in a pinch from the DD. I also leverage out the max price avail. for an item if sold in the RSS vs. a truck order and whether at the moment I need coins or xp. I do the same for boats. If I need xp and the amt the truck/boat will make me is reasonable, then off it goes. If not, I hold it and wait or sell it in my RSS. I very infrequently sell or send off metal bars. You've taken the time to smelt it, so if you have the jewelry stand, turn it into a more profitable piece.

On a final note, the more crops you harvest, the more expansion tools, construction equip, and mining tools you'll get for free from your own land. Sell those you don't need at full price mixed in with your cheaper priced items....everyone loves finding a treasure!
    Belatwk76 Level 50
    NH name: Mohave Greens
    GC id: belatwk Kik: belatwk76
    "super cheap wheat daily...buy as much or as little of anything you want in my RSS, I play for the fun of it"

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica8789 View Post
    Hey everyone, I've been playing Hay Day like an addict for the past month and a half. I absolutely love it! I thought at first it would be a great way to pass time, but now I find myself wanting to play it more and more.
    I've seen a lot of new people around the forums asking for help, so I figured that I would post some of my tips here and hopefully help some people out!
    Feel free to add more tips here.

1. Keep most commonly used crop seeds on hand. Your animals need feed and some of your recipes need certain veggies and fruits, so always try to keep at least a little on hand.
    -I cannot tell you how many times I've had to search through the paper to find soybeans or carrots. I simply run out sometimes, but keeping a supply of fruits/veggies on hand will enable you to plant some when you get low. Harvesting gives you experience, so why not?!

2. Save those diamonds and vouchers for emergencies!
    -I spent a lot of vouchers on my pets...while I absolutely love them...I really wish I wouldn't have done that. You can use the vouchers to make lures for fishing...each time you break your personal record of biggest fish caught you earn a diamond or so! Also catching a new type of fish that you had previously not caught gives diamonds as well.
    To get these better fish...you must have the better lures which are of course made with the vouchers.
    -Diamonds come in handy when you're broke coin wise. I have ordered Tom on several different occasions for 15 diamonds each time and have always had the coins flowing in while I had him. You can also use diamonds to open up additional production slots for your machines.

3. Don't focus on leveling up as fast as you can. Leveling is nice because it gives you new pets, production machines, and various other new things, but this shouldn't be your primary focus. Afterall, what good is having all of those things available when you cannot afford to pay for them?
    -I ran into this problem because in every game that I have played...you're supposed to level up as quickly as possible. With Hay Day I tried this very same method too. Level up AND THEN buy what I needed in the future. The game simply will not work that way very well. You need coins to buy the buildings, farm animals, and their pens.
    Focus on making money AND gaining experience that way you will be able to afford the things you want/need to buy.

4. ORDER TOM WITH DIAMONDS!
    -I've not spent any real life money on this game and to be honest...I probably won't ever do that. All it really boils down to is proper management of your funds (coins/diamonds.) I've had the diamonds to purchase Tom on about 3-4 different occasions. I think that today is my 4th day.
    I like to pay for him when I first wake up. This ensures that I get him for all day, evening, and until I go to bed late at night. Yeah...he takes two hour naps and I hate that, but whatever.
    -Use him for high priced items. I never use Tom for things I actually need. I can make those myself. It might take longer, but that is totally okay with me.
    I use him to find goods that I can buy low and sell high. Here is a very short list of the ONLY items that I use Tom to buy.
    *Cherry Popsicles
    *Cheesecake
    *Apple Pie
    Those 3 items are the only items that I have used Tom to find since I've started purchasing him. I just reached level 33 today, so Cherry Popsicles were the newest thing that I could make, so I used Tom to find some. I'm not sure about the prices of certain items above my level, but if you're 33 or slightly above...I'd suggest these for a very fast money maker.

5. Shop in your newspaper for really great deals and stock up.
    -Sometimes I see carrots and corn in the paper for 20 coins. I tend to buy that when I see it. I do the same if I see 10 wheat in there for 1 coin. I use wheat frequently, so I can never have too much.
    -You can find building materials or land expansion items in the newspaper too. I've seen so many as of lately and not all of them are at max price which makes it great for a person who buys low and sells high. Sometimes its also good to notice what you usually do not find on your farm and save it. Example...I never find nails on my farm or when I help out at other peoples farms. So, if I see nails in the paper you can bet I'll buy them and save them.

6. Load your machines with items that take the longest while you sleep.
    -For example...cherry popsicles take 3 hours I believe to make just one. Tonight before I go to bed I will be loading my ice cream machine with that so I can wake up in the morning and collect.

7. Always keep your machines busy doing something. Even if you have no need for a specific item that you're making...load your machine anyway.
    -For example...I rarely need cream, brown sugar, or cookies. I load my machine with them anyway because they don't take too long to make and I can sell them for maxed price. People always buy these items.

8. Be picky about what you sell.
    -Everyone is selling eggs, bacon and eggs, wool, and wheat. I'm not saying you shouldn't sell these, but don't expect them to go too fast unless you put them at an unbeatable price. I'm rarely ever able to sell wool, so when I have to put it up to get more space...I price is very low. 10 wool for 150 coins. You may have better luck than me, but I like to sell my items fast.

9. Advertise in the newspaper the smart way!
    -You want your advertisement to last as long as possible. This means that you will need to put at least one item up that will take a while to sell. For me I find it to be pumpkins, chilies, tomatoes, or eggs. I always price these lower than the max price and they still sell...but just not too quickly.
    *If I'm running out of space in my silo or barn I will typically put out great items that I know sell quickly so that way I can get the space I need.

I'm sure there are more tips that I can think of, but that is basically how I play my game in regards to making coins quickly. On a slow day I can make around 15,000 coins...on a pretty good day I can make around 40,000 coins.

In case anyone is curious, here is a list of items that I sell:

-Cookies
    -Fish
    -Cream
    -Sugars (brown and white)
    -Apples, pumpkins, indigo, chilies, and tomatoes
    -Sugarcane (65 coins), Corn & carrots (20 coins)
    -Cow Milk (250 coins)
    -Cream Cake, Red Berry Cake, Cheesecake
    -Apple Pie, Bacon Pie, Fish Pie
    -Fish Sandwich
    -Syrup
    -Carrot Juice, Apple juice, Cherry Juice
    -Cherry Popsicle, and vanilla ice cream.

Notice...I very rarely sell eggs. I never sell wheat. All of those things above except for cow milk I sell at max price and I sell them daily.

One of my biggest pet peeves is flipping through the paper and not seeing any good items, so I want to be one of the ones that provides items that you usually don't find in the papers.

Anyway, hope my guide helped at least someone.
    One addition from a high level player. Don't shy away from selling eggs but sell them in smaller amounts. After the sauce machine and lemon curd and sandwich and salad machine, I can't keep enough eggs. Mayo and lemon curd takes eggs, so do the egg sandwich. Two sandwiches and two salads take mayo for more eggs and there is egg sushi . Practically every thing takes eggs and my 18 chickens can't keep up. Plus my barn is always full so I might not be able to buy ten but I might be able to buy three crates of three. Sell them at full price or a little less but higher level players have plenty of coins so we will buy them but still like the bargain.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Centennial Club
    Jessica, great tips! If you sell a lot of sugar, I'd love to add you on Game Center. Between cakes, pies, and ice cream, I can't keep up with the demand for sugar on my farm and I have my sugar slots maxed out!
    GC: CissyH
    kik: CissyH
    Level 87, Daily player; very active

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    One addition from a high level player. Don't shy away from selling eggs but sell them in smaller amounts. After the sauce machine and lemon curd and sandwich and salad machine, I can't keep enough eggs. Mayo and lemon curd takes eggs, so do the egg sandwich. Two sandwiches and two salads take mayo for more eggs and there is egg sushi . Practically every thing takes eggs and my 18 chickens can't keep up. Plus my barn is always full so I might not be able to buy ten but I might be able to buy three crates of three. Sell them at full price or a little less but higher level players have plenty of coins so we will buy them but still like the bargain.
    Tiggerr is right about eggs. I also run out from time to time, but even tho I have sufficient coin, I will wait until I see an offer of 10 for 50 before I buy.

I don't see the point in clogging up the DD with hard to sell items just because an add for a hard to sell item stays in the DD longer. You can refresh your add every 5 minutes, and what's hard about that? What frustrates me is hunting thru every add advertising eggs to find the item I am looking for. Putting your best item up for sale will ensure you get maximum shoppers immediately and one of those will probably buy the other products as well. It's so daunting to know there is a cream cake out there somewhere, or an apple juice, but it is hiding behind one of the sea of bacon and egg ads. Display your best product proudly. RL retailers don't display socks in their shop windows when they have designer jackets in the store, please don't advertise bacon when you have baked potatoes in your RSS!
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Tiggerr is right about eggs. I also run out from time to time, but even tho I have sufficient coin, I will wait until I see an offer of 10 for 50 before I buy.

I don't see the point in clogging up the DD with hard to sell items just because an add for a hard to sell item stays in the DD longer. You can refresh your add every 5 minutes, and what's hard about that? What frustrates me is hunting thru every add advertising eggs to find the item I am looking for. Putting your best item up for sale will ensure you get maximum shoppers immediately and one of those will probably buy the other products as well. It's so daunting to know there is a cream cake out there somewhere, or an apple juice, but it is hiding behind one of the sea of bacon and egg ads. Display your best product proudly. RL retailers don't display socks in their shop windows when they have designer jackets in the store, please don't advertise bacon when you have baked potatoes in your RSS!
    I'm with you on this one glade. I know we told people for ages to put their ad on the bacon and eggs when the ads took 30 minutes to refresh but now it's not necessary. Occasionally when I am out shopping and get the dreaded barn full notice, I'll rush back, grab ten eggs, and put them up at default just for speed and then rush back to get what ever caught my eye. But other times my ad ends up on whatever is at the top of my barn. Once it was even on a diamond ring. I wish I could remember where in the countless tips and tricks that advice is because I'd love to bribe one of the mods to line it out.

However. (There's always a however in one of my posts isn't there). There are times when I need eggs and I'd hate to open the DD and not see a single egg ad. Nahhhhh.
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; February 16th, 2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Commas, save lives

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

When I advertised on cream cake / apple juice / baked potatoes, the good stuff in my RSS were gone within seconds, leaving the sweaters and pumpkins sitting there untouched waiting for another 4 minutes 48 seconds to hit the DD again, so eventually I learned...

I mean 5 min is fine if I'm constantly playing the game, but sometimes I just don't have that 5 minutes to wait on and my lame stuff will sit there for the whole day / night untouched. It's quite frustrating...

I do agree though we have too many bacon & egg ads. I never advertise on it. Usually put the ad on sweaters or hats, since they are hard to sell too...
    Last edited by woolala; February 16th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
    lvl 63
    Play daily -- deeply addicted

Quote Originally Posted by woolala View Post
    When I advertised on cream cake / apple juice / baked potatoes, the good stuff in my RSS were gone within seconds, leaving the sweaters and pumpkins sitting there untouched waiting for another 4 minutes 48 seconds to hit the DD again, so eventually I learned...
    I mean 5 min is fine if I'm constantly playing the game, but sometimes I just don't have that 5 minutes to wait on and my lame stuff will sit there for the whole day / night untouched. It's quite frustrating...
    Perhaps don't make sweaters or grow pumpkins? Carrots are better because of the ravenous donkeys, and soybeans because of the soy sauce. If you have too much wool, just don't shear your sheep so often. I know it's instinctive to do so, but I have gradually learnt not to harvest just because something is ready. Makes life so much easier to let those glutinous pigs squirm for a tad longer.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Perhaps don't make sweaters or grow pumpkins? Carrots are better because of the ravenous donkeys, and soybeans because of the soy sauce. If you have too much wool, just don't shear your sheep so often. I know it's instinctive to do so, but I have gradually learnt not to harvest just because something is ready. Makes life so much easier to let those glutinous pigs squirm for a tad longer.
    This is great advice!! It's hard to suppress instinct but will try!
    Plus, pigs and sheep look so much cuter when they are round balls
    lvl 63
    Play daily -- deeply addicted

Quote Originally Posted by woolala View Post
    This is great advice!! It's hard to suppress instinct but will try!
    Plus, pigs and sheep look so much cuter when they are round balls
    glad if I have helped. Happy farming!
    GladeMaid