Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will I miss the global reward ?

Will I miss the global reward ?

Has anyone else notice that the global stage (a small blue globe icon shows when it will be "unlocked") is the third tier for Valentine event? You need to contribute 29 cookies to reach that stage and access current global.

When the global goal is met, Alfred will deliver the reward. If I don't contribute 29 cookies BEFORE the global goal is met, Alfred will not visit my farm at that time. However, will he bring me the statue if I keep contributing and reach the global stage later ?

During past global events, global stage was at the first tier and it was easier to reach.
    Last edited by meonhoc; October 26th, 2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: mod power muahahahha
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#ChickenHunter :: Hay Day Lv 130♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12

Good question. I did notice that the bar was higher this time, but I hadn't thought about whether reaching the goal before or after reaching the global goal made a difference.

Is there someone out there who had achieved the qualifying goal after the global goal was reached in previous events?

And if you need some cookies, I've got some extra. I already reached the last personal goal. (5 gold vouchers! Woooo!)
    Level 196

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    Good question. I did notice that the bar was higher this time, but I hadn't thought about whether reaching the goal before or after reaching the global goal made a difference.

Is there someone out there who had achieved the qualifying goal after the global goal was reached in previous events?

And if you need some cookies, I've got some extra. I already reached the last personal goal. (5 gold vouchers! Woooo!)
    5 gold vouchers? I hope I get that lucky.
    Level: 81
    Tag: C80R20VR

I am not sure myself, but I got the impression the small blue globe was the position where the global event was in real time, when it reaches 108,000,000 it would move to the end of the scale.
    I hadnt realised the small blue globe was the position where players had to reach to receive their trophy.
    it will be interesting to see what it means unless someone knows the answer.

Level 68 Achievements. 101/108

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post

Thanks Janilee, I contributed all 87 cookies . The question is not about me but about how global event is designed .

In the past, we got people complaining they did not get diamond (global reward). Not sure it's a bug or intended. In case of bug, no one came back to state they got diamond. Missing sledge and telescope was resolved though.

@MisterTez: no, the globe icon is fixed and state when you access global stage. There is a meter to measure where global contribution is on the global tab.

Screenshot from Bacon& Eggs when global stage is at 2nd tier:

What was said about global event when it first came out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Personal: Open the event board, then tap on the empty box which says "Tap to add" and press the (+) and (-) button to add the destired amount of items. You can then see the meter above which tells you how many you need to contribute to get to the next tier. There are 5 tiers (or levels/goals) you can achieve in the personal event and when you reach one, you get a special item, and sometimes more than one.

Global: All items (now it is Bacon & Eggs) you contribute to your personal event, are added to the total amount in the global event. However, you can access the current global event only when you have achieved the second tier/goal/level in your personal event (a small blue globe icon shows when it will be "unlocked"). Note that different events may unlock the global event earlier, or then later.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nick
    Last edited by meonhoc; February 15th, 2014 at 09:19 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

I can answer the question about whether or not you receive the global prize if you contribute after the goal was reached and the prize was awarded. You do NOT. My son, who has to earn his screen time, contributed enough cornbread to reach the appropriate level to earn the reward AFTER the global goal was reached and before the event was over. He did not receive the prize. I guess this is fair because he didn't help contribute enough to the global community to reach the prize in the first place.

And I agree that it took a lot of contributions to reach the global prize level this time. Plus, IMHO, the statute prize is hideous anyway.
    GC and KIK: KWNBH. Level 117. Daily player. I wheat and usually have half my shop stocked with 10 wheat for 1 coin, plus other goodies. I buy from and help my followers as much as possible.

Thanks for input. It's still not clear whether or not your son contribute to global event. When he reaches global stage, he can see the global tab. Will his contribution previously count or not? Who knows not receiving diamond isn't a bug like it was for sledge?

Tic tac tic tac, better bake some cookies quick people. But, the more we contribute, the faster global is met. 29 cookies sure take a lot of time. A vicious circle!

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Thanks for input. It's still not clear whether or not your son contribute to global event. When he reaches global stage, he can see the global tab. Will his contribution previously count or not? Who knows not receiving diamond isn't a bug like it was for sledge?

Tic tac tic tac, better bake some cookies quick people. But, the more we contribute, the faster global is met. 29 cookies sure take a lot of time. A vicious circle!

Hi! My son did contribute. He put a few in at first (can't remember how many as this event has long past) but didn't have enough to reach the global level. Then he was out of screen time. When he came back to collect the cornbread he baked while away from the game, the event goal had been reached. When he put in his cornbread, which took him to the level to participate in the global reward, the global goal had already been met and the prize had already been delivered. I had my prize already. He contributed enough at that point to see the global event count, he did NOT receive the prize.

He he just reminded me that this happened to him on another event also. I think it was popcorn.

did I I explain that better this time? My hungry tummy is effecting my typing hands.
    GC and KIK: KWNBH. Level 117. Daily player. I wheat and usually have half my shop stocked with 10 wheat for 1 coin, plus other goodies. I buy from and help my followers as much as possible.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Has anyone else notice that the global stage (a small blue globe icon shows when it will be "unlocked") is the third tier for Valentine event? You need to contribute 29 cookies to reach that stage and access current global.

When the global goal is met, Alfred will deliver the reward. If I don't contribute 29 cookies BEFORE the global goal is met, Alfred will not visit my farm at that time. However, will he bring me the statue if I keep contributing and reach the global stage later ?

During past global events, global stage was at the first tier and it was easier to reach.
    Yes. You do not have to get to it before the goal is reached as long as you get the level
    I just saw on the post before me that they did not get the prize. I thought you would. I have always reached the global part before it was reached although I did not always finish the personal goal first
    Last edited by harbinfarms; February 16th, 2014 at 01:40 AM.
    GC/kik brendaaharb Lvl 64
    Climbing sure and strong w/help from friends
    Achievements 98/99
    Please all neighbors add pic to your profile

I will explain 3 times in various ways as I've explained this dozens of times since the first event but it just doesn't seem to take:

Version number 1:

Each event has 5 tiers, each with it's own prize awarded when that level is completed. The level marked with the blue globe is the level that must be completed in order to be awarded the bonus prize. That blue globe level MUST be reached BEFORE the total amount of donations is reached. Once the total amount of donations is reached, Alfred will visit everyone who reached and completed the blue globe tier and deliver the bonus prize to them. The event will continue for the remainder of the time it was scheduled, but no one reaching the blue tier AFTER the total donation was reached will get the bonus but they will still get the personal prizes for each tier they complete until time runs out.

Version number 2:

How it works:

Each event has a target global goal of how many items must be "contributed". Each event runs for a certain number of days. Each event has several levels, one of which is marked by a blue globe, which denotes that it is the level that must be completed BEFORE the target global goal is reached in order to qualify to receive the bonus prize.

You only qualify to earn the bonus prize IF you participate in the event and complete the qualifying level marked by the blue globe BEFORE the global goal is reached. In this event, that is the 3rd level, in other events it may be at a lower or higher level.

If you do not participate in the event at all you do not get the bonus.
    If you participate but don't complete the blue globe level BEFORE the global goal is reached, you do not get the bonus.
    If you participate and complete the blue globe level AFTER the global goal is reached, you missed the opportunity to qualify for the bonus.
    The blue globe must be reached PRIOR to the goal being reached.

If you have reached that blue globe, you will receive a personal prize for the level's completion.
    If you complete the blue globe level BEFORE the global goal has been reached, then you are eligible for the bonus, which you will receive AT THE TIME the target global goal is met (when the counter matches the number posted at the top).
    AT THIS TIME, the bonus prize will be delivered by Alfred to all those who qualified by completing the blue globe level PRIOR to the goal being met, even if the event still has time before it ends.

Each event runs for a set amount of days. Even after the global goal is met, the event will continue to run it's full course of time to allow any who wish to continue fulfilling personal goals by completing additional levels.

Version number 3:

So, in this event, the blue globe tier that must be reached in order to earn the bonus prize (the statue) is the 3rd tier. The total donation target is 108,000,000 cookies. Completing each tier will get you a prize of tools, expansion items, or vouchers. In order to get the bonus prize, in this event it's the statue, you MUST complete the 3rd tier BEFORE the 108,000,000 cookies are donated. Once the 108,000,000 is reached, Alfred will deliver the statue to everyone who completed the 3rd tier (marked by the blue globe) BEFORE the final cookie was donated. Anyone completing tiers, including the blue globe one AFTER the last cookie has been donated will receive ONLY the tier prizes but will NOT get the bonus as they did not make the deadline.

So, I have now explained the exact same thing in 3 different ways. Hopefully, there will be at least one way that will be clear to each player so everyone can understand.

EDIT:::::::CHANGES TO ABOVE PRIZE WIN PROCEDURE!!!

There has been a change, no idea when, of how the events work. It no longer matters WHEN you reach the personal global tier (marked by the blue globe) that qualifies you for the special prize. Even if you complete that qualifying tier AFTER the donation goal is reached, you will STILL get the special prize.

If you finish the blue globe tier BEFORE the donation goal is reached, you don't have to do anything. The prize will be awarded when the donation goal is reached, just like always.

If you finish the blue globe tier AFTER the donation goal is reached, close out the game completely (including running in the background) and log back in to cue Alfred to deliver your special prize package.

If you have packages backed up, you'll need to collect them all as your special prize will be in the last box.
    Last edited by Cricks3; October 29th, 2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added information regarding change in win procedure
    GC: PhoenixAerie KIK: Cricks3 HDTag: YQJLUQU9
    Farm: In Memory of Tom, Level 145, town level 42
    NH:
    iPhone 6s Plus, iOS version 12.2 Time Zone CST -6
    Honorary "Tech Bug Hound", Previous Official SC Hay Day Forum Moderator