Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 267

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Neighborhood Questions and Answers!

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Nick[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    4,944

    Exclamation Neighborhood Questions and Answers!

    Hi All,

    There has been some questions about the Neighborhoods, so with the help of our moderators and the team, I have collected the most frequently asked questions and answered them. I will keep updating this post when there's a new question which we haven't answered. I hope this helps!

    Q: What can I do in a neighborhood?
    A: In this first instalment of the neighborhoods, you can chat with your neighborhood friends, and in global events work towards a joint contribution score!

    Q: Do I need to fix my neighborhood building?
    A: Yes, you need to fix your neighborhood building first to gain access to all the current and future possibilities of the neighborhood.

    Q: Does it cost anything to join/leave a neighborhood?
    A: No, joining or leaving a hood is free. However, there is a cool down if you join and leave repeatedly.

    Q: Can I belong to more than one (1) neighborhood? If not, why?
    A: No, you can only belong to one (1) neighborhood at the time. Allowing players to join multiple neighborhoods would make the whole system way too complicated (UI, playability and technically) and doesn’t fit into our future plans for the neighborhoods.

    Q: How many players can belong to one neighborhood?
    A: In the current version the limit is 30 but we may up the limit if there's a need for it.

    Q: Who can send invites to other players?
    A: Only Leaders, co-leaders and elders can invite people to the new hood or accept applicants.

    Q: Who can I invite?
    A: You can invite people through your friends list as long as they meet the requirements (Neighborhood House repaired, level requirement, not being already in another neighborhood, etc.).

    Q: Can people who aren’t in my friends list be invited or join my neighborhood?
    A: In the current version you can not invite “strangers” but we are looking into this. If you want random people in your neighborhood, you can promote your neighborhood on our official channels and ask people to search for your neighborhood.

    Q: What options can I set for joining my neighborhood?
    A: You can set the type to "Anyone can Join" (anyone can freely join), "Request to Join" (players need to request and get accepted to join) and "Invite Only" (only players who have been invited by the Leader, co-leader or elder can accept to join).

    Q: What can an elder do?
    A: An elder can invite people and accept or decline join requests. An elder can not promote or kick out members.

    Q: What can a co-leader do?
    A: Basically anything a leader can do. Sent invites accept people, promote people to elder or co-leader and kick members and elders. They can't kick out or demote the leader.

    Q: Why do we need this hierarchy?
    A: Any neighborhood needs managing at some point so it's there to help the leader with several tasks. It is also there to prevent misbehaviour e.g. that a random player who joins an open neighbourhood can't immediately kick out everybody. They are meant to be more administrative titles than hierarchical titles.

    Q: What happens if the leader leaves?
    A: Leader will be passed to the co-leader who has been the longest. If none, then the elder who has been the longest. If no elders either, then the member who has been the longest. Since it will be hard to predict leader can pass leader to someone else before leaving if he or she wants to step out visiting. So the hood will continue to exist unless it had no other members.

    Q: Are neighborhood names unique?
    A: No they are not.

    Q: Can I search for neighborhoods or players?
    A: You can search for neighborhoods but not players.

    Q: I am alone in my neighborhood. How can I get members?
    A: Visit your friends farms and invite them! If they are already in a neighborhood, you can alternatively post on our forums, Facebook etc. and promote your neighborhood name!

    Q: Can I make lots of threads and posts to make sure my Neighborhood stands out?

    A: You are allowed ONE (1) recruiting thread for your NH. and are permitted to make ONE (1) "bump-up" post to it each day. You can post your ad in reply to someone looking to change or join an NH. However, you can NOT post ads for your NH on someone else's recruiting thread nor on other topic threads.

    Q: Can I change the title of my recruiting thread later on?

    A: No. Once the title for your recruiting thread is in place, it can only be changed through Moderator/Staff intervention. That title will be with you for the life of your NH, so make it count and make it something that will stand the test of time as well as any future changes to your particular NH functions/requirements.

    Q: Can I chat with other players than the ones in my neighborhood?

    A: No, the chat is limited to neighborhood’s only. We have no plans to introduce private chats or global chats.

    Q: What are the names showing up in chat?
    A: Those are the farm names of the people in your hood. Change the farm name to an easy name of your choosing to use in chat.

    Q: Why is there a report button in the hood chat?
    A: If a user joins a neighborhood and is abusive etc. the other members can "report" him/her. When that player gets 4 reports from different players, he/she will be silenced from the chat for 24h

    Q: Why is there a filter in the first place?
    A: To keep inappropriate and offensive language out of the chat since this is a game for the whole family.

    Q: Can I turn off the chat?
    A: Yes, please go to the game settings and then see under advanced settings.

    Q: Will you add more features to the neighborhood in the future?
    A: We are currently collecting feedback from all users and we will most definitely create more features and additions to the neighborhoods in future updates!

    Cheers,

    Nick
    Last edited by Cricks3; March 11th, 2015 at 02:24 AM. Reason: updated information
    Nick / Supercell
    Community Manager
    Like Hay Day on Facebook: http://facebook.com/HayDayOfficial
    Follow Hay Day on Twitter: http://twitter.com/HayDay
    Follow Hay Day on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HayDay
    Subscribe to Hay Day YouTube: http://youtube.com/HayDay

  2. #2
    Senior Member Lovecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Italy
    Posts
    351
    I'm sorry, I don't know if I'm allowed to post here, But I have a question on "What happens if a leader leaves" and notably on What happens if a leader gets back...

    I wanted to join again my previous NH I leaved, but I couldn't get in as leader or member.
    Just couldn't be back..

    How does this work?
    Happy farming!
    Lvl 192 - town 42



  3. #3

    Chat and Inbox

    Chat and Inbox

    I started a neighborhood for my wife and daughter and myself to swap building materials. That worked great! They knew the NH name, searched for it, and joined. I set the NH as "anyone can join"...it is now filled with 20 members. Great, but I can't communicate directly with any of them. All we can do is write something in the chat box...and then what???...wait for them to see it. You can only chat with someone if they are in the NH at thattime.

    Also, what is this INBOX? I have yet to receive anything in there. How do I send something to someone else's inbox? Is there some sort of email within the NH that I have yet to see or figure out?

    Invitation issues...some of my followers are not in a NH, so I click the invite button, but it still says I can only invite my FB friends! Seriously!?! Finally, someone that is NOT in a NH and I still can't invite them, nor communicate with them!?!

    As far as FB is concerned, the only ones interested in farming are already deep into farmville...and the others are NOT interested in any game like Hay Day.

    Finally, why is there a minimum level of 29 to be able to join my farm? What if I want to help lower level players? I just got a co-worker interested in HD but I can't even have her part of my NH. If my neighborhood remains full at 20 members, when she does hit level 29, I would have to kick someone out of my NH to allow her to join.

    In another thread, I saw someone suggest not to slam the update until the bugs are worked out. Well, I dont see these things as bugs, rather design flaws. The only "bug" I have experienced is the asterisk issue, but that is well documented in other threads, so no need to add it here.

    NH name: Agent 47
    Farm name: Agent 47"s Farm
    Level: 33
    Playing since Jan 2013

  4. #4
    Junior Member JaspreetAwsme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    HAY DAY
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent47Hitman View Post
    Chat and Inbox

    I started a neighborhood for my wife and daughter and myself to swap building materials. That worked great! They knew the NH name, searched for it, and joined. I set the NH as "anyone can join"...it is now filled with 20 members. Great, but I can't communicate directly with any of them. All we can do is write something in the chat box...and then what???...wait for them to see it. You can only chat with someone if they are in the NH at thattime.

    Also, what is this INBOX? I have yet to receive anything in there. How do I send something to someone else's inbox? Is there some sort of email within the NH that I have yet to see or figure out?

    Invitation issues...some of my followers are not in a NH, so I click the invite button, but it still says I can only invite my FB friends! Seriously!?! Finally, someone that is NOT in a NH and I still can't invite them, nor communicate with them!?!

    As far as FB is concerned, the only ones interested in farming are already deep into farmville...and the others are NOT interested in any game like Hay Day.

    Finally, why is there a minimum level of 29 to be able to join my farm? What if I want to help lower level players? I just got a co-worker interested in HD but I can't even have her part of my NH. If my neighborhood remains full at 20 members, when she does hit level 29, I would have to kick someone out of my NH to allow her to join.

    In another thread, I saw someone suggest not to slam the update until the bugs are worked out. Well, I dont see these things as bugs, rather design flaws. The only "bug" I have experienced is the asterisk issue, but that is well documented in other threads, so no need to add it here.

    NH name: Agent 47
    Farm name: Agent 47"s Farm
    Level: 33
    Playing since Jan 2013
    agree +1 ..............
    Game Level :- 47 Farm Name :- JASI FARM Reputation Level :- 8
    Barn Storage :- 850 Silo Storage :- 850 Achievements :- 89/108
    Neighborhood :- SINGH FARM (YELLOW SHOVELS LOGO)
    ALL LAND EXPANDED AND FISHING LAND TOO ( Achieved On 44 Level )
    MY STATS :- http://oi61.tinypic.com/35k50cg.jpg

  5. #5
    Junior Member JaspreetAwsme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    HAY DAY
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Hi All,

    There has been some questions about the Neighborhoods, so with the help of our moderators and the team, I have collected the most frequently asked questions and answered them. I will keep updating this post when there's a new question which we haven't answered. I hope this helps!

    Q: What can I do in a neighborhood?
    A: In this first instalment of the neighborhoods, you can chat with your neighborhood friends, and in global events work towards a joint contribution score!

    Q: Do I need to fix my neighborhood building?
    A: Yes, you need to fix your neighborhood building first to gain access to all the current and future possibilities of the neighborhood.

    Q: Does it cost anything to join/leave a neighborhood?
    A: No, joining or leaving a hood is free. However, there is a cool down if you join and leave repeatedly.

    Q: Can I belong to more than one (1) neighborhood? If not, why?
    A: No, you can only belong to one (1) neighborhood at the time. Allowing players to join multiple neighborhoods would make the whole system way too complicated (UI, playability and technically) and doesn’t fit into our future plans for the neighborhoods.

    Q: How many players can belong to one neighborhood?
    A: In the current version the limit is 20 but we may up the limit if there's a need for it.

    Q: Who can send invites to other players?
    A: Only Leaders, co-leaders and elders can invite people to the new hood or accept applicants.

    Q: Who can I invite?
    A: You can invite people through your friends list as long as they meet the requirements (Neighborhood House repaired, level requirement, not being already in another neighborhood, etc.).

    Q: Can people who aren’t in my friends list be invited or join my neighborhood?
    A: In the current version you can not invite “strangers” but we are looking into this. If you want random people in your neighborhood, you can promote your neighborhood on our official channels and ask people to search for your neighborhood.

    Q: What options can I set for joining my neighborhood?
    A: You can set the type to "Anyone can Join" (anyone can freely join), "Request to Join" (players need to request and get accepted to join) and "Invite Only" (only players who have been invited by the Leader, co-leader or elder can accept to join).

    Q: What can an elder do?
    A: An elder can invite people and accept or decline join requests. An elder can not promote or kick out members.

    Q: What can a co-leader do?
    A: Basically anything a leader can do. Sent invites accept people, promote people to elder or co-leader and kick members and elders. They can't kick out or demote the leader.

    Q: Why do we need this hierarchy?
    A: Any neighborhood needs managing at some point so it's there to help the leader with several tasks. It is also there to prevent misbehaviour e.g. that a random player who joins an open neighbourhood can't immediately kick out everybody. They are meant to be more administrative titles than hierarchical titles.

    Q: What happens if the leader leaves?
    A: Leader will be passed to the co-leader who has been the longest. If none, then the elder who has been the longest. If no elders either, then the member who has been the longest. Since it will be hard to predict leader can pass leader to someone else before leaving if he or she wants to step out visiting. So the hood will continue to exist unless it had no other members.

    Q: Are neighborhood names unique?
    A: No they are not.

    Q: Can I search for neighborhoods or players?
    A: You can search for neighborhoods but not players.

    Q: I am alone in my neighborhood. How can I get members?
    A: Visit your friends farms and invite them! If they are already in a neighborhood, you can alternatively post on our forums, Facebook etc. and promote your neighborhood name!

    Q: Can I chat with other players than the ones in my neighborhood?
    A: No, the chat is limited to neighborhood’s only. We have no plans to introduce private chats or global chats.

    Q: What are the names showing up in chat?
    A: Those are the farm names of the people in your hood. Change the farm name to an easy name of your choosing to use in chat.

    Q: Why is there a report button in the hood chat?
    A: If a user joins a neighborhood and is abusive etc. the other members can "report" him/her. When that player gets 4 reports from different players, he/she will be silenced from the chat for 24h

    Q: Why is there a filter in the first place?
    A: To keep inappropriate and offensive language out of the chat since this is a game for the whole family.

    Q: Can I turn off the chat?
    A: Yes, please go to the game settings and then see under advanced settings.

    Q: Will you add more features to the neighborhood in the future?
    A: We are currently collecting feedback from all users and we will most definitely create more features and additions to the neighborhoods in future updates!

    Cheers,

    Nick
    Screenshot_2014-02-14-10-51-17.jpg

    What is this ?
    why i cant add anyone whose farm i visit.
    fb connecting not working on android so its very hard to add and invite emm so sad
    Game Level :- 47 Farm Name :- JASI FARM Reputation Level :- 8
    Barn Storage :- 850 Silo Storage :- 850 Achievements :- 89/108
    Neighborhood :- SINGH FARM (YELLOW SHOVELS LOGO)
    ALL LAND EXPANDED AND FISHING LAND TOO ( Achieved On 44 Level )
    MY STATS :- http://oi61.tinypic.com/35k50cg.jpg

  6. #6
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On vacation!
    Posts
    11,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent47Hitman View Post
    Chat and Inbox

    I started a neighborhood for my wife and daughter and myself to swap building materials. That worked great! They knew the NH name, searched for it, and joined. I set the NH as "anyone can join"...it is now filled with 20 members. Great, but I can't communicate directly with any of them. All we can do is write something in the chat box...and then what???...wait for them to see it. You can only chat with someone if they are in the NH at thattime.

    Also, what is this INBOX? I have yet to receive anything in there. How do I send something to someone else's inbox? Is there some sort of email within the NH that I have yet to see or figure out?

    Invitation issues...some of my followers are not in a NH, so I click the invite button, but it still says I can only invite my FB friends! Seriously!?! Finally, someone that is NOT in a NH and I still can't invite them, nor communicate with them!?!

    As far as FB is concerned, the only ones interested in farming are already deep into farmville...and the others are NOT interested in any game like Hay Day.

    Finally, why is there a minimum level of 29 to be able to join my farm? What if I want to help lower level players? I just got a co-worker interested in HD but I can't even have her part of my NH. If my neighborhood remains full at 20 members, when she does hit level 29, I would have to kick someone out of my NH to allow her to join.

    In another thread, I saw someone suggest not to slam the update until the bugs are worked out. Well, I dont see these things as bugs, rather design flaws. The only "bug" I have experienced is the asterisk issue, but that is well documented in other threads, so no need to add it here.

    NH name: Agent 47
    Farm name: Agent 47"s Farm
    Level: 33
    Playing since Jan 2013
    Well I wouldn't call all of these design flaws or bugs but more a matter of different expectations and expectations.

    Regarding your neighbourhood. You (or your leader) has chosen to set up the NH with "anyone can join" so yes anyone just has to hit that join button and they are in. Luckily the (co) leaders have the option to remove all members who are unwanted for any reason. Change the setting to "invite only" or "request to join" that way they would have to request or you have to invite them but they do not just show up. These options gives the leader control of what works for their NH.

    The inbox is there to receive invites from other friends if you are currently not in a NH. Currently there is no option to send leader messages as there is in Clash of Clans but maybe that will change in the future.

    You can chat real time with all the members via the chat box and yes they would have to be online to see it or respond to it.

    Currently it is only possible to invite GC friends and FB friends maybe there will be a feature to invite other people in a future update who knows ?

    That being said NHs are a brand new addition to the game which is already overwhelming to many players. It could have included many more features but it also might have been too much at once for some people. I am sure they will look into new features for NHs in the future.

    You can still play the game as you always have and can still help out lower levels who arent able to join a NH. Why exactly was choses for level 29 I can't answer with any certainty however those levels still go by very quick and well it balances better in the grand scheme of things. At those levels most have a good basic understanding of how the game works and will be a valuable addition to any NH which in turn is better for all involved.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  7. #7
    Senior Member Lovecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Italy
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecats View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know if I'm allowed to post here, But I have a question on "What happens if a leader leaves" and notably on What happens if a leader gets back...

    I wanted to join again my previous NH I leaved, but I couldn't get in as leader or member.
    Just couldn't be back..

    How does this work?

    I have to to quote myself.
    Can you please explain How a leader can join back its original NH?
    Is it possible?
    Happy farming!
    Lvl 192 - town 42



  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    407
    My friend and I play our games on different devices and we aren't connected via facebook. Could she still search for my neighbourhood and join it?
    GC: AndromedaAiken
    Level: 52
    Captain III quest and Turbo Trucker III completed! Thank you very much to those on the Captain III thread for all their help!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Lovecats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    North Italy
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by AndromedaAiken View Post
    My friend and I play our games on different devices and we aren't connected via facebook. Could she still search for my neighbourhood and join it?
    Yes, she can. I connected my 2 farms on different devices (Android and IOS). Your friend need to know however, what's the name of your NH, and she can look for it through the search fonction.
    Happy farming!
    Lvl 192 - town 42



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    259

    Creating a neighbour

    How do I create a neighbourhood? I tried when it was first launched but it did not work? Thanks for your reply in anticipation
    GC laneybobs 35
    Level 82 kik crumbleweed27

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •