Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Neighborhood Questions and Answers!

Do someone know what rank you will become if you leave your NH as a leader and get back? Will I be as a co- leader, elder or just a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent47Hitman View Post
    Chat and Inbox

I started a neighborhood for my wife and daughter and myself to swap building materials. That worked great! They knew the NH name, searched for it, and joined. I set the NH as "anyone can join"...it is now filled with 20 members. Great, but I can't communicate directly with any of them. All we can do is write something in the chat box...and then what???...wait for them to see it. You can only chat with someone if they are in the NH at thattime.

Also, what is this INBOX? I have yet to receive anything in there. How do I send something to someone else's inbox? Is there some sort of email within the NH that I have yet to see or figure out?

Invitation issues...some of my followers are not in a NH, so I click the invite button, but it still says I can only invite my FB friends! Seriously!?! Finally, someone that is NOT in a NH and I still can't invite them, nor communicate with them!?!

As far as FB is concerned, the only ones interested in farming are already deep into farmville...and the others are NOT interested in any game like Hay Day.

Finally, why is there a minimum level of 29 to be able to join my farm? What if I want to help lower level players? I just got a co-worker interested in HD but I can't even have her part of my NH. If my neighborhood remains full at 20 members, when she does hit level 29, I would have to kick someone out of my NH to allow her to join.

In another thread, I saw someone suggest not to slam the update until the bugs are worked out. Well, I dont see these things as bugs, rather design flaws. The only "bug" I have experienced is the asterisk issue, but that is well documented in other threads, so no need to add it here.

NH name: Agent 47
    Farm name: Agent 47"s Farm
    Level: 33
    Playing since Jan 2013
    Dear Agent 47, we all know that this update is not that much old to be perfect so please give supercell team some time to hear the feedbacks and complaints from their fans and add possible great updates in future after all they are not some magicians who can do anything they want with their will. about having to be at level 29 to join a neighborhood, i think it is a good thing cuz it is more about earning entitlement to chat if you work hard. This game is all about giving time to the farm. So please be patient until the next great update and happy farming
    gc - sunilstaley
    kik - sunilstaley
    Hardcore Gamer from NEPAL
    Peace, Love, Empathy!!!
    Hood - The Scream

Quote Originally Posted by 83807 View Post
    Do someone know what rank you will become if you leave your NH as a leader and get back? Will I be as a co- leader, elder or just a member?
    why not try this with your friends? ask them to join your NH leave and then join again. i havent tried this actually though
    gc - sunilstaley
    kik - sunilstaley
    Peace, Love, Empathy!!!
    Hood - The Scream

Quote Originally Posted by Smile2082 View Post
    How long is the cooling period?
    depends upon how frequently you leave NH i guess. i had experience of few minutes to an hour
    gc - sunilstaley
    kik - sunilstaley
    Peace, Love, Empathy!!!
    Hood - The Scream

Quote Originally Posted by kajalfoxtrot View Post
    Requiring Facebook is ridiculous
    they will surely enhance features in next update just be cool and patient
    gc - sunilstaley
    kik - sunilstaley
    Peace, Love, Empathy!!!
    Hood - The Scream

Can I change the name of my NH
    I tried but was unable to, might be doing something wrong.
    Last edited by MaryNY; February 17th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryNY View Post
    Can I change the name of my NH
    I tried but was unable to, might be doing something wrong.
    I think it's irreversible. You just have to leave and create a new one once again. Well this is what i experienced.
    gc - sunilstaley
    kik - sunilstaley
    Peace, Love, Empathy!!!
    Hood - The Scream

Fresh Spawn

Why can't I find my neighborhood in the search?

When I search my neighborhood I can't find it
    also my icon doesn't show on my house. Did I do something wrong?

Trainee

English Language

I started a hood and have found after accepting, languages other than English most of us cannot understand and apparently Hay Day has not fixed this. I think this is a real problem there are friends I would like to include, but we cannot understand what they want so we can't help them and they cannot participate. Copying their posts and going to google to translate is not going to work and this is what SuperCell suggested to me. Come on get this fixed so we can all play with whomever we want.
    Last edited by Bebby37; February 17th, 2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    Hi All,

There has been some questions about the Neighborhoods, so with the help of our moderators and the team, I have collected the most frequently asked questions and answered them. I will keep updating this post when there's a new question which we haven't answered. I hope this helps!

Q: Who can I invite?
    A: You can invite people through your friends list as long as they meet the requirements (Neighborhood House repaired, level requirement, not being already in another neighborhood, etc.).

Q: Can people who aren’t in my friends list be invited or join my neighborhood?
    A: In the current version you can not invite “strangers” but we are looking into this. If you want random people in your neighborhood, you can promote your neighborhood on our official channels and ask people to search for your neighborhood.

Q: Can I chat with other players than the ones in my neighborhood?
    A: No, the chat is limited to neighborhood’s only. We have no plans to introduce private chats or global chats.

Q: Will you add more features to the neighborhood in the future?
    A: We are currently collecting feedback from all users and we will most definitely create more features and additions to the neighborhoods in future updates!

Cheers,

Nick
    The four questions I would like to comment on are:

1. Q: Who can I invite?
    &
    2. Q: Can people who aren’t in my friends list be invited or join my neighborhood?

It seems silly to me that I can only invite/chat with my friends from FB. If I want to chat with my friends from FB I will go to FB and chat with them there. That is what I have done up until now and, until you have an icon saying someone is on HayDay right that moment, I find the chat feature of little use. At least on FB I know whether my friends are online IRL, or not. The advantage, IMO, of having a chat feature in the game is to be able to ask your fellow gamers for specific help when you actually need the help, not hours, or even days, later. I have a number of HayDay "Friends" and "Followers" that I have no interest in knowing personally but seriously enjoy playing with them in this game. I would love to be able to chat with them and be able to actually work together. Very few of my FB friends have any interest in playing this game. But there are obviously many thousands of others who do enjoy HayDay very much, and I would like to be able to chat with a select few of them. Conversely, I do not wish to add a bunch of strangers to my FB Page, just to play a game with them. Besides being unsafe, it also would fill up my page with lots of meaningless stuff and potentially keep me from seeing the things that are of interest to my real life.

3. Q: Can I chat with other players than the ones in my neighborhood?
    While I understand you have no interest in pursuing this option at this time, I ask you to reconsider in the event you will not allow us to chat with non-FB people. This would still allow me to coordinate with my HayDay "Friends" and "Followers" to better achieve various goals.

4. Q: Will you add more features to the neighborhood in the future?
    One of the features I am most looking forward to is a way to know if someone else is currently playing the game so I can IM them while my current need is still relevant. Also, I noticed you have an envelope icon, but I am unable to utilize it at this time. I hope that you are planning on enabling this as a future way of private massaging someone so that you can talk to one specific person without broadcasting to the entire neighborhood. Because of the small screen, I can see the potential for many chatters filling up the screen and specific messages getting lost in the shuffle.

All in all, I think this chat feature will become a great addition to the game. However, I seriously hope you take my suggestions to heart as I think they will great add to the functionality of this new feature.

Sincerely,
    Arya, Bastian, & Henry's Neighborhood
    Level 55
    iPhone 5C, IOS 7