Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SHARE] tips on how to manage and make sugar and dairy last longer!

[SHARE] tips on how to manage and make sugar and dairy last longer!

I think we can all agree on that dairy and sugar products (especially cream and white sugar) are the things we struggle with the most in the game. Some more than others. These 2 items has always and will probably always remain a hot topic here on the forum so I wanted to create a thread where we could share advice and tips on how we manage our diary and sugar supply so it won't run out. Since dairy and sugar is hard to come by in stores, all we can really do is rely on our own production and work with what we got. My advice:

1). Open as many queue slots as possible.
    The more slots you have, the longer you can keep production running when you're sleeping. If you have all 9, you'll never have down time on them again.

What I do
    : Before going to sleep, I line my queues with goat cheese (dairy), syrup (sugar mill) & cherry juice (juice press) because they take long to produce.

2). Plan production to make as little sugar and dairy last for as long as possible.
    Cake oven and ice cream maker are the 2 machines that needs the most dairy and sugar.

What I do
    : For cake machine there's 2 items that don't require any sugar or dairy: Red Berry Cake and Potato Feta Cake. I prefer to make Potato Feta Cake to use the goat cheese I produced while I was sleeping and because Red Berry Cake is easier to buy. I'll make it until I run out of goat cheese and then I'll switch over to Strawberry Cake that takes 3 hrs to make which means I only use 4 dairy and 4 white sugar if I make it all day (12 hrs).

For ice cream maker, I will make what takes the longest to make to use as little product as possible: Cherry Popsicle and Strawberry Ice Cream. Because I made syrup and cherry juice while I was sleeping, I will always be able to make Cherry Popsicle and since it takes 3 hrs to make I only need 4 syrup and 4 cherry juice to keep ice cream maker running for an entire day (12 hrs) without using a single cream or white sugar. Or I can produce Strawberry Ice Cream that takes 4 hrs to make and will only use 3 cream and 3 white sugar for an entire day (12 hrs).

Following these few tips will help you save a lot of dairy and sugar product to to make other items like pizza, potato bread, baked potatoes, etc. You'll also have enough spare to make coffee and mocha drinks whenever you need them.

I made did this for 2 days and had over 50 cream and 40 white sugar in my barn. I was so shocked and couldn't believe it because I didn't plan this, just happened to have a lot of goat cheese and wanted to make this new item after the update and my favorite item on ice cream maker just happened to cherry popsicle. Now, this has become my routine whenever I'm low on dairy and sugar. When I've saved enough, I'll start making everything I want without having to worry.

Do you have any tips you want to share?
    GC (& Kik): PinkStarbelly
    Tag: 8U99URUY Level: ​106

Excellent post PinkStarbelly!

Some very helpful tips, I use a very similar combo on working out what's easier to buy in the Daily Dirt rather than wasting my dairy/sugar items making. Don't feel like typing at the moment as I'm slightly hungover lol. I'll make a bigger post later on once I wake up and the coffee kicks in on my methods

Quote Originally Posted by iWinFlips View Post

Some very helpful tips, I use a very similar combo on working out what's easier to buy in the Daily Dirt rather than wasting my dairy/sugar items making. Don't feel like typing at the moment as I'm slightly hungover lol. I'll make a bigger post later on once I wake up and the coffee kicks in on my methods
    Looking forward to it
    About what you said on working out what's easier to buy in DD is the result of me not producing a single pancake this entire year. Cookies either for that matter but I've started making some on my baby farm now as it only has 2 queue slots on bakery and 3 on cake oven so I need them to make cheese cake at night.

*still waiting..*

Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    *still waiting..*
    Long hangover!
    Have a great day!! GC: WebErika
    HayDay Level 106 | Barn 2950/Silo 3000 - Established 12/31/12
    Join an ACTIVE winning chatty and helpful neighborhood! Happy HayDay

Quote Originally Posted by WebErika View Post
    Long hangover!
    You know I totally forgot I posted in here lol. I'm at work at the moment on my iPhone it's hard to write anything long out on here plus it's cold and my hands are freezing!

I will post tonight!!

I definately agree with PinkStarBelly..

1) Open queues for sugar and dairy machines as soon as you can. I maxed out my queues on both machines. Usually I produce syrup, cheese and goat cheese over night but if I have enough and need to recover on something else I can have 9 of something ready in the morning.

2) Completing the masteries on those machines helps too for those who haven't completed yet. You do notice the shorter production times.

3) If you are working on masteries for other machines produce items which need less sugar and dairy items and have longer production times. When I was working on the mastery for my ice cream machine I only made vanilla ice cream when I needed it and if I had no use for that I would switch to strawberry ice cream. This one neeld one cream and one white sugar every 4 hours instead of every 2 hours for vanilla ice cream. Meaning you use half the supplies for the same amount of hours.

4) Trash truck orders for high quantities of sugar. I don't do truck orders which need more then 2 bags of sugar and even 2 bags of sugar I trash regularly.

5) Whenever you are playing Hay Day keep the sugar and dairy machines running. If you put the game down make sure the queues are full. I regularly see a lot of farms with an idle sugar and/or dairy machine while it seems they are playing and doing other farm activities.

6) If you don't have much time for a couple of days. Take a minute or 2 and load up another batch of sugar and dairy products. Even buy the milk and sugar if you have to.

7) Did you know that even with a completely full barn you can still keep producing sugar ? When your barn is completely full you can still load the sugar mill. It will tell you the barn is full but you can still drop the sugar cane in the machine. The sugar will just stack up in front of the machine until you can collect again. You can have 99 items sitting on the floor.

At my humble level I can manage just fine with 1 sugar mill and 1 dairy factory and still manage to load a few crates of sugar on boats going for Captain III in the thread.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

You know I totally forgot I posted in here lol. I'm at work at the moment on my iPhone it's hard to write anything long out on here plus it's cold and my hands are freezing!

I will post tonight!!
    Dont take as long to get home as it took for u to remember u posted here, if not people at home might get worried and call the police :P

Quote Originally Posted by PinkStarbelly View Post
    Dont take as long to get home as it took for u to remember u posted here, if not people at home might get worried and call the police :P
    Hehe I will do it today I promise lol. I've for my car being MOT'd and serviced this morning so haven't got a lot of time to make a post...

I love this post. That's what I'd like see more of... Posts with hints or ideas how to manage production. Are there other production management threads? I wish I found this forum when I first started playing Hay Day.
    GC ID: treesyjo | Level: 47 | Captain III | Turbo Trucker III | Achievements 66/81

Feel free to add me in GC but I will only accept requests if you have a picture or avatar. And I delete anyone who sends me challenges. I don't sell bacon&eggs, I sell all produce (and more common barn items) at default price and I dismiss sugar & dairy boats.