Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Down on the Farmers and Soirée invitees...

Calling all Down on the Farmers and Soirée invitees...

Ladies, I'm opening this thread because quite honestly Ive got some misgivings about this new chat feature and it's design.

While I believe we all supported a way to share a bit of news and gossip over a cup of coffee or cocoa and a slice of pie, the manner which SC has designed it seems to be loaded with unforeseen pitfalls, so before we get in over our heads and find ourselves trapped in a NH we wouldn't care to visit in RL, I hope we can discuss here a way of figuring this thing out. Unfortunately there's a disturbing lack of information from SC about how the NH is supposed to work, so it would appear that we must learn on our own.

I, and I hope all of you that have joined in the fun on the party thread, have been really looking forward to the soirée and getting the chance to chat in real time, yet until we know how this thing is supposed to work, I would truly hate for any one of you lovely people that Ive gotten close too here on the forums to have their feelings hurt due to a misunderstanding over a poorly designed or misunderstood game feature.

Ive already spent the coin to fix up my NH building and will be happy to spend the diamonds to speed up its completion if that's what it takes to understand the workings. I had already planned on creating a NH called Down on the Farm and invite each of you who have contributed to the silliness and fun of the party thread, yet I'd like to get some input from each of you before doing so, as I don't know whether you have the same intent.

Lets put our heads together and get this figured out. The soirée is less than 48 hours away, and I still have decorating to do!
    Last edited by LadyJEM5; February 12th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

I too, am dismayed by the "neighbourhood" concept and the hierarchies that it employs. It seems more like a Pandora's box than a "kaffeeklatschen" opportunity, which I think I speak for all the party participants when I say that is what we had hoped for, and it would seem that there is potential for feelings to be hurt unless we are careful. As HappyHelen has said, being restricted to only one neighbourhood might also cause strife. What if your best neighbours belong to two different neighbourhoods? Which do you join?

i would like to have a neighbourhood set up for the soirée, and would be happy for Lady Jem to take the lead on this with equal input from those who with to actively participate in the soirée, and all that entails.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Pro Member
    It seems to be comparable to the clans in Clash. with the exception being you can level up in HD without having to join a neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by dls881 View Post
    It seems to be comparable to the clans in Clash. with the exception being you can level up in HD without having to join a neighborhood.
    I don't think those attending the soirée would like to think of themselves as a clan. The question is how do we set up a neighbourhood for the soirée without hurting anyone's feelings and that the partygoers will feel confident about utilising.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Stuck on the sofa as I've eaten far too much chocolate
    Glaidmaid empty your message box Hun , it's full ...Miss popular

Level 144....Reputation level 39.....141/144 Achievements .. Masteries no idea ...
    GC 💗💓HappyHelen💓💗

A big "Thank You "to Choccamocha for my sig
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD OF A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    I don't think those attending the soirée would like to think of themselves as a clan. The question is how do we set up a neighbourhood for the soirée without hurting anyone's feelings and that the partygoers will feel confident about utilising.
    I guess we could just set up a few neighbourhoods where people can jump from one to the other.
    i have some friends who I would love to be with in their neighbourhood, but know that I will not play competitive and often enough ( need to go to work ), but have still more than 20 friends left who I would like to chat with, but which will also very likely not be in one neighbourhood.
    Last edited by Ari121269; February 12th, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
    Hayday Info:

Level: 108
    Startet Playing: 10.07.2012
    #8J28UUUG

Quote Originally Posted by dls881 View Post
    Having never played CoC, that comparison still leaves me in the dark as to the actual workings of a NH, although I do appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I get the concept behind the design. A player has a NH of chosen or invited friends, the best of the best friends so to speak, then there's regular friends, then followers. I just dislike the clique-ish feeling it engenders honestly. I wish and hope that SC would provide a bit more detailed info.

So far as I understand it now, a player may belong to only 1 NH at a time which costs $15K to fix the NH building and $500 to create the actual NH. It only exists so long as the creator remains a member, and membership is limited to 20 players. There is a director, or co-leaders, then elders or sub-leaders who have the power to invite or bar members to the NH.

It sounds like a clean straight forward hierarchy, yet unless those players at the top of the flow chart are in full agreement on to how things are to be run within the NH, then the whole thing has the potential to become an exercise in personalities and power struggles over decisions which affect ultimately each individual member no matter their position.

In a worst case scenario this could descend into a nightmare of bruised egos and hurt feelings which IMO goes against the very sort of harmonious and helpful play HD was intended for. I really don't want be a "negative Nancy", so I feel it's very important to get some input from others before there's even a possibility of doing unintentional damage to friendships I made here on the forums.

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

I, myself, am quite mystified.

I have sped up the building and created a group... Others have done the same. So we all make a group and we talk to ourselves??

Without the forum to organise (or KIK etc) it seems difficult to organise a group.

Once you join a group there is a cool down period where it stops you joining another group for X period of time. Each time you leave a group and join another group that X period of time extends...it is indeed a trap to get caught in a group you don't want to be part of.

What I have also noticed is that you can create a group and be the Leader. But if you leave the group and return at a later date you are only a member. However being the Leader is probably neither here nor there.

I am a little surprised at the reluctance to chat in the groups I have taken pot luck to become part of. I do feel that a description of the group would give people some sort of aim when choosing a random group to join

If my thoughts seem scattered, that's probably because I am yet to fully understand how this works on a random choice.
    Obviously a thread will be created for this purpose but how does one show that their neighbourhood is the one to join ... It's all by puzzling ... Honestly I wish I could just send messages to my neighbours to thank them, etc.

Having said all that I do appreciate the update and I'm sure the chat feature will resolve itself one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by Ari121269 View Post
    I guess we could just set up a few neighbourhoods where people can jump from one to the other.
    i have some friends who I would love to be with in their neighbourhood, but know that I will not play competitive and often enough ( need to go to work ), but have still more than 20 friends left who I would like to chat with, but which will also very likely not be in one neighbourhood.
    This is why SC should provide more info on how the thing is intended to work. As I currently understand it, once a player leaves a NH they created that NH ceases to exist. So there's no NH hopping between several. Also if a player leaves a NH they didn't create, there's a time out of an hour Ive heard before they may join another. If it costs $500 each time to create a new NH, then it's going to be quite expensive to keep leaving and joining, leaving and joining.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHelen View Post
    Glaidmaid empty your message box Hun , it's full ...Miss popular
    Sorry, Helen. Inbox open for receiving mail now.
    GladeMaid