Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Down on the Farmers and Soirée invitees...

I agree Jenheifer!

if SC wishes to keep the chat feature in this sort of vein, I think we should be able to visit neighbourhoods without restrictions. It would have the added benefit of getting to know new neighbours and possibly forming strong alliances with other farmers to meet global goals if that's your thing. It would also broaden your social horizons other than your already beloved neighbours and quite simply, make a really nice add to the game.

Failing that, a simple message feature between farmers would please most

Currently as it stands, the feature just seems too ambitious and doesn't quite hit the mark

While I am not a member of the soirée thread, I do stop by and read it often. It's clever, entertaining & gives me a chuckle. I was going to post on the other neighborhood thread, but I'm posting here just to add my agreement on the cliquish tendencies I fear might be lurking in the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari121269 View Post
    I guess we could just set up a few neighbourhoods where people can jump from one to the other.
    i have some friends who I would love to be with in their neighbourhood, but know that I will not play competitive and often enough ( need to go to work ), but have still more than 20 friends left who I would like to chat with, but which will also very likely not be in one neighbourhood.
    This is how I thought the chat feature would work. I had envisioned something similar to chat rooms that players could drop in & out of discretely or not so discretely. I figured that we could also create private chat rooms, if we desired. Never-the-less, I thought it would foster & encourage communication among players instead of ostracizing some players.

I'm really trying to reserve judgement on it all until I see it in action, but it's quite difficult to wait! LOL
    Level 109. KIK me to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to help, if I'm able.
    KIK: SueLilly

Soirée thread?? Members? Who knew! Sorry guys and dolls
    Didnt mean to crash your thread :/

Quote Originally Posted by SueDL View Post
    While I am not a member of the soirée thread, I do stop by and read it often. It's clever, entertaining & gives me a chuckle. I was going to post on the other neighborhood thread, but I'm posting here just to add my agreement on the cliquish tendencies I fear might be lurking in the shadows.

This is how I thought the chat feature would work. I had envisioned something similar to chat rooms that players could drop in & out of discretely or not so discretely. I figured that we could also create private chat rooms, if we desired. Never-the-less, I thought it would foster & encourage communication among players instead of ostracizing some players.

I'm really trying to reserve judgement on it all until I see it in action, but it's quite difficult to wait! LOL
    Sue, I think the chat thing is nothing like what anyone envisioned. I'm with you on trying to reserve judgement until more is known, but the more I learn about it from others who have taken the leap already, I'm afraid it's going to be a real quagmire. Maybe after the initial newness wears off, things will sort themselves out or maybe SC will need to tweak something, but as it stands now, unfortunately I'm looking toward the "not my favorite change to HD" camp.

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    Sue, I think the chat thing is nothing like what anyone envisioned. I'm with you on trying to reserve judgement until more is known, but the more I learn about it from others who have taken the leap already, I'm afraid it's going to be a real quagmire. Maybe after the initial newness wears off, things will sort themselves out or maybe SC will need to tweak something, but as it stands now, unfortunately I'm looking toward the "not my favorite change to HD" camp.
    I jumped and got it fast....I'm on the fence. When I envisioned it, I imagined being able to pop on chat to thank my gc friend for filling a crate and chatting "thanks for the help...pop on over to my stand for a treat". Or noticing a gc friend needed 3 fish to send off her boat but she already used her 3 helps...so I could chat to her telling her I just put up fish for her. Things like that.

But now it seems like a mess of trying to get in one, not wanting people to get hurt, having the 20 limit is hard! It's like a potential for a bunch of little mini cliques. I may be way off...and once it settles down it'll be great, but definitely not what I had imagined!
    Lvl 74. GC: HayKittyCat
    love to help neighbors...will help with dairy and sugar as much as I can
    My RSS is there for you to buy from, however much you want!

I hope it doesn't turn cliquey (clicky? Lol)
    I know I started a NH for the nervous people, not for gaining anything or raiding other neighborhoods....yikes, I hope it doesn't turn into that!
    GC: SunDog023 add me!
    Level: 55!!!!...very addicted player! Ummm, like very addicted
    Now I have KIK... sundog023

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    Soirée thread?? Members? Who knew! Sorry guys and dolls
    Didnt mean to crash your thread :/
    You haven't crashed anything! The title was intended to get the attention of the others who have contributed to the party thread, but it's certainly not exclusive by any means! We welcome all and appreciate any opinions and info you have to share.

If you'll forgive me for saying so, but it's the sort of reaction you just had which causes me such concern about these NHs. You contributed good solid info which was helpful, yet suddenly felt that you were no longer welcome. Far from it! In fact, allow me to extend an invite right now to the Valentine's Day Soirée at my place this Friday! If you wish to know the backstory, check out this thread...

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...wn-on-the-farm

Also check out Jude's threads which canbe found in the off topic section. They keep a running story line of the zaniness that goes on at her Retreat and Farmstay! If you're so inclined and do decide to attend, if you don't already have a date, Im sure any one of the Down on the Farm matchmakers can fix you right up!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosey View Post
    I hope it doesn't turn cliquey (clicky? Lol)
    I know I started a NH for the nervous people, not for gaining anything or raiding other neighborhoods....yikes, I hope it doesn't turn into that!
    I know... I think I see the good use of having invite only. Not to be snooty about "only so and so can get in" but so that your one and only neighborhood of 20 people doesn't turn into a drop in, raid, drop out!
    Lvl 74. GC: HayKittyCat
    love to help neighbors...will help with dairy and sugar as much as I can
    My RSS is there for you to buy from, however much you want!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    I think they'll end up tweaking it, hopefully. It doesn't make sense to me to form a neighborhood with the friends/neighbors that we already have just to chat in another venue. Like you said-- we have the forum; we have KIK. I'm not sure how this chat will be any different.

However, it would be nice if I could IM a follower, or a friend from the game not on the forum, and say, "Hey, I noticed your farm's not expanded. Come back to my RSS & I'll put up all my extra LEM's for you." I had hoped for that type of interaction.
    Level 109. KIK me to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to help, if I'm able.
    KIK: SueLilly

Very kind of you LadyJEM! thankyou very much ! )