Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soirée Fashion Sneak Peek

Soirée Fashion Sneak Peek

OK, ladies, I'm going to take a big leap here, but taking my inspiration from both Jude's superb photojournalistic skills and Knitgal's mention of having her wardrobe ready for Friday's social, I'm creating a thread where we can show off our finery or just play dress up!

Please consider this your invitation to join in the first Down On The Farm fashion show! A turn on the catwalk is free and open to all, so wow us with your keenest style, bedazzle us with your sharpest accessories, and show us your favorite designers! ...and remember, we needn't break the bank...after all, we're just simple farmers!

First up, LadyJem in a Gok Wan classically inspired knee length wrap crafted from vibrant crimson silk. This sumptuous design features a vee neckline, split peek a boo hemline and studded sleeve accents. Shoes are scarlet satin Bordello Violetto peep toe three inch stilettos with rhinestone accentuation. The evening bag is a Dansein fiery red satin pleated clutch with a floral inspired rhinestone clasp and optional silver tone shoulder strap. Pleating on the purse and footwear mirror the gown's soft flowing lines. The hat is a vintage ivory Kentucky Wench low crowned boater with a one inch brim trimmed in red Russian netting and summer fruit enlaced by a lush red velvet ribbon. Jeweled accessories are a 16 inch Pave silver pendent and matching studded earrings set with central crystals.

Total ensemble price = $355 US.

My eternal thanks to Alfred for his expert advice on the shoes! That man has a mean eye for footwear!

Next on the catwalk is.....

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

So beautiful! U set the bar pretty high
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Next on the catwalk is ..... Jude the proprietor of Judes's Retreat and Farmstay. When she not mucking out the stables she cuts a fine figure in pink.

With its vivid pink-roses watercolor floral print and flawless "new look" silhouette, this ballerina cupcake party dress has the casual elegance the 1950's were known for. The artisanship alone is unbelievable. A beautiful scenic-garden print onto "light as a feather" lined nylon-chiffon. The bodice is an alluring low-cut plunge, pleated shelf-bust bow boned strapless which is oh so flattering! The hourglass nipped-waist full circle-skirt finishes this masterpiece off with a classic romantic vibe. Stylish, feminine luxury will never go out of style. There is nothing quite so enduringly chic and timeless as a floral dress for a woman whose outward exquisiteness mirrors her inner charm.

This versatile Peach Couture wrap features hand-knotted rayon from bamboo construction. Made with Azo chemical-free dyes, this lovely baby pink wrap is the perfect touch to any outfit.

A pink pearl necklace and earrings complements the dress without overpowering it.

The vibrant pink shoes are a perfect match for the delicious frock. They are subtle but sensational.

This bright and breezy outfit is finished off with a diamond encrusted clutch.

Last edited by Judesnz54; February 13th, 2014 at 07:16 AM.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

The bar has indeed set high.

Next up, GladeMaid in an ensemble designed to bring out the animal in Mike.

Glade is wearing a Golden Gowns, Albany, leopard print strapless gown with a split, chiffon, zebra-print overlay. Glade has a Koru Possum Silk shawl to ward off the chill South Carolina storms. The shawl is 50% merino wool, 40% possum fur and 10% silk. Christian Louboutin Very Riche shoes sparkle beneath the flowing gown. Glade carries a ViXXen Clothing zebra clutch with a rhinestone clasp to bring together the dress and the shoes. Gold fingernails inset with three diamonds bring an additional touch of glamour. The ensemble is accessorised with a torque of black and clear Swarovski crystals in zebra stripes and a sparkling gold bracelet with black and clear crystals in a leopard skin pattern.

I can't believe how long it took to do this!!!
    Last edited by GladeMaid; February 13th, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Sorry, I have not had a chance to get to this and my techno photo skills on the forum are not great.
    Last edited by Gymgirl4a; February 13th, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Farm Level 170. Town 51. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    The bar has indeed set high.

Next up, GladeMaid in an ensemble designed to bring out the animal in Mike.

Glade is wearing a Golden Gowns, Albany, leopard print strapless gown with a split, chiffon, zebra-print overlay. Glade has a Koru Possum Silk shawl to ward off the chill South Carolina storms. The shawl is 50% merino wool, 40% possum fur and 10% silk. Christian Louboutin Very Riche shoes sparkle beneath the flowing gown. Glade carries a ViXXen Clothing zebra clutch with a rhinestone clasp to bring together the dress and the shoes. Gold fingernails inset with three diamonds bring an additional touch of glamour. The ensemble is accessorised with a torque of black and clear Swarovski crystals in zebra stripes and a sparkling gold bracelet with black and clear crystals in a leopard skin pattern.

Still working on the photos, sorry ....

Glade, clear some of you PMs and I will send more instructions, although it looks like you managed one.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Thank you ladies, but with the help of the Professor Emeritus of Information Systems I managed to work it out. Having an ancient PC didn't help, I think. Makes me love my iPad Mini even more.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Jude, your outfit is soooo pretty!

Lady Jem you will be the perfect hostess in your sophisticated attire!

I'm so excited. I loved putting my outfit together, and am really looking forward to the soirée. I can't wait to see what everyone else is wearing!
    GladeMaid

Love the outfits!!
    Proud Member of HDAA (HayDay Addicts Anonymous) working on my addiction, 1 wheat field at a time
    Please PM for Farm ID
    Level: 129 | Town Level: 35
    |Achievements:130/131| Wheating since March 15, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    OK, ladies, I'm going to take a big leap here, but taking my inspiration from both Jude's superb photojournalistic skills and Knitgal's mention of having her wardrobe ready for Friday's social, I'm creating a thread where we can show off our finery or just play dress up!

Please consider this your invitation to join in the first Down On The Farm fashion show! A turn on the catwalk is free and open to all, so wow us with your keenest style, bedazzle us with your sharpest accessories, and show us your favorite designers! ...and remember, we needn't break the bank...after all, we're just simple farmers!

First up, LadyJem in a Gok Wan classically inspired knee length wrap crafted from vibrant crimson silk. This sumptuous design features a vee neckline, split peek a boo hemline and studded sleeve accents. Shoes are scarlet satin Bordello Violetto peep toe three inch stilettos with rhinestone accentuation. The evening bag is a Dansein fiery red satin pleated clutch with a floral inspired rhinestone clasp and optional silver tone shoulder strap. Pleating on the purse and footwear mirror the gown's soft flowing lines. The hat is a vintage ivory Kentucky Wench low crowned boater with a one inch brim trimmed in red Russian netting and summer fruit enlaced by a lush red velvet ribbon. Jeweled accessories are a 16 inch Pave silver pendent and matching studded earrings set with central crystals.

Total ensemble price = $355 US.

My eternal thanks to Alfred for his expert advice on the shoes! That man has a mean eye for footwear!

Next on the catwalk is.....

WOW !!!
    You girls will be stunning.
    Was looking for something to wear myself but am not sure how cold it will be.
    What about this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GC ID 11handyman
    hayday level 84
    No challenges please and I do not send them.