View Poll Results: Is CoC currently imbalanced at high level play?

Voters
272. You may not vote on this poll
  • CoC currently favours defence

64 23.53%
  • CoC currently favours attack

180 66.18%
  • CoC is balanced re offence vs defence

28 10.29%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: CoC now imbalanced OFFENCE vs DEFENCE - POLL

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I have max heroes, maxed def, walls 1/3 lvl 11, 2/3 lvl 10. Max cups 3,736 and I believe in the Champions league that attack is now far too strong.

Before the latest update I would win 1/4 to 1/3 of my defences. I had great fun playing around with different designs. As I moved up the champ league i noticed that the really good players would generally beat my bases because they are so precise in the way they attack. However, quite a few players are not so precise and would fail against a well laid trap. Typically most attacks would come at me from above.

Since the upgrade the only def I have won was to someone who must have lost connection. I have also noticed that folk well below me can now successfully attack upwards and win loads of cups off me. GOWIWI wins 100 per cent unless you have a major mess up.

for me the big problem with this is it means i play the game much less than i used to. Before the upgrade I would often do a quick one off attack because if there was a 1 in 3 chance of winning the defence then my net cups would normally be positive. Post upgrade I can now only attack if the shield is about to run out or if I have a few hours to get in 4 or 5 attacks before i log off - I have the barracks, spells , heroes on boost to do this. So I have dropped down to playing twice a day. Really I am marking time until def is improved or i find another more interesting game!

The extra hero powers are so strong that just for fun i started putting 9 max valks in the army and can still win, providing there are lots of open buildings. Valks are not so good in complex wall structures.

IGN The_Professor, clan Bashing Beavers. Max 3,736
    Yep, offense is way overpowered in Champion league. Its not even close, offense overpowers defense 95 to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Durham2886 View Post
    Maybe that's why noobs are saying attack is over powered. Hmmm
    Normally I avoid personal attacks but seeing as you just called me a noob. You're weighing in on Master and Champion league discussions as a preemie Townhall 10 in gold league with a trophy record lower than a townhall 5 has gotten.
    "I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "Will you give me your name?"
    "My name is Tyrael."
    BonbeeIsACat - The original farmer.

I think offence is stronger, but it is balanced, a 3 star is about equivalent to a defensive win. Offence has to be stronger, otherwise we'd all be around 1000 trophies going nowhere.

Unknownf - Avarice Titans - lvl 111 - th9 - Cup record 3783 - Lvl 15 King - Lvl 22 Queen
    Unknownq- Dragon's Den - lvl 79 - th8 - Cup record 2534 - Lvl 5 king
    Level sections idea! - click here

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SSofJetlife View Post
    Normally I avoid personal attacks but seeing as you just called me a noob. You're weighing in on Master and Champion league discussions as a preemie Townhall 10 in gold league with a trophy record lower than a townhall 5 has gotten.
    http://memecrunch.com/meme/PXIS/terio/image.png

Forum Superstar InfinityBladeCOC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durham2886 View Post
    Defense is way OP. Can't heal while under Inferno towers?? WTH
    Whens the last time you saw a top player use a heal spell
    fe1 best fe

Centennial Club
    As a th8, my opinion may be different from you maxed tens, but here is what i have found. With a reasonable army composition (short time, cheap, etc) it is pretty balanced. If someone does giant healer or barch or strategy like that, I feel that it ends up close to 50%, either a little above or under. However, if i were to do 10 drags, three rages, my king, and my cc, i could three star basically any th8. So, in rly high trophy ranges, where ppl only do super expensive army comps, offense has a slight edge.

Offense, yes but....

If we are talking maxed defenses and top level play - than yes.

However, I think SC may be digging a deeper and deeper divide between the hardcore or paying customers and the casual players.

A th10 sport lvl 20 heros, isn't going to have the same smashing power as one with lvl 40 heros.

That and I think the progression of defense has gotten more and more knee-jerk.

At th9 x-bows are a significant jump in defensive power. Once you get use to them, they are manageable. That and a player has to pick between air-ground coverage or superior range and no air coverage.

Then at th10 infernos with there disco mode represent another lops-sided gain. Now I don't think at Masters+ level of play that these defense are OP, but when a maxed Th10 is sitting in Gold I - they are pretty much indestructible. Those tentacles of death pose a huge problem for any farming composition. For those of you who say, just attack around them - well that may be fine if you are trophy hunting but if your farming there are basically 5 specific targets you want to take out (maybe 9 if you need the elixir) and if duel infernos are covering the only buildings that matter to you - getting "around" them isn't an option.

Some may also point out the freeze spell. Well th9 players don't have this and since when does a single defensive structure call for a specific spell to deal with it for a huge range of composition types?

Here's what it looks like for people who are actually effected by this change. I noticed most people who are vehemently taking the side of defense are in Gold League and are never attacked by maxed heroes or Level 5 Freeze spells but then expect their BAM "FARMING" army to pierce a well developed Townhall 10 base.

He attacked me from just under top 200 so cup loss was minimal but I'm farming so I lose 400/400/3000.

"I am a wanderer; I have seen more than most would ever imagine. That is merely my nature."
    "Will you give me your name?"
    "My name is Tyrael."
    BonbeeIsACat - The original farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by InfinityBladeCOC View Post
    Whens the last time you saw a top player use a heal spell
    He is probably talking from the point of a hogger with heals ttacking people with fernos.

Senior Member LilWayneClashOfClans's Avatar
    Ok 1st of all you misspelled offense and defense. 2nd of all the offense is supposed to be stronger than defense, so ya... when I say offense is supposed to be better than defense I only mean by a little bit not too much
    http://forum.supercell.net/signaturepics/sigpic379655_4.gif