Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sharing Accounts Ethical? Fair? - Mohammed Maher

Hahaha, I think it's hilarious that so many people, mods included, are saying that this is within the boundaries of fair play. Then there are those that are saying it is all part of the strategy! It is absolutely blowing my mind that people are fully admitting to clearly breaking the rules of the game and yet it all comes down to being an allowed strategy. Truly sad.

At the end of the day it will never directly effect me as I never have plans to head to Champ league, but the blase attitude that people are taking is shocking. Why are people standing up for and justifying this playing behaviour? Especially mods and SC themselves?

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRadwan View Post
    The or still pertains to anything that might jeopardize the security of your game.
    For instance posting your password somewhere unknowingly.

This is a section about reinforcing security for the village owner, not the Ten Commandments.
    ToS is like the 10 commandments in that it describes a list of prohibited behaviors. What it is not is advice on maintaining account security.

It's very clear. 1 account per person. 1 person per account. Obviously SC doesn't really enforce these conditions of the ToS though and they make them very broad.

For example selling your account is covered by the same conditions and they do mind that.

Sharing accounts for some people may seem unethical & unfair but they are not stated in the rules so it is not c he a t i n g
    In-game name: Swaggermonkey Clan: The Dennys Clan TownHall= 9
    Level:92 Check me out#StayFrosty

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggermonkey View Post
    Sharing accounts for some people may seem unethical & unfair but they are not stated in the rules so it is not c he a t i n g
    Did you even read the thread?

Letís face it guys you can argue all you like, but this practise goes against the spirit of the game. The game is about building a great defence and attacking others to get rewards. If youíre doing something that prevents others from attacking you, you are cutting off half the game.

That to me makes you a loser, because you canít play the game as it was intended. Youíre not enjoying the game anymore; youíre enjoying the position of being on top of the leader boards. Well congrats to you, the fact that you had to use other people to help you or you had to use some tool doesnít make you better than anyone else. It just make you a fool pretending to be better than you.

Enjoy your position, but I think youíre just a foolish group of people pretending to be better than you are.

I enjoy the game as is, I attack and get attacked. It's ALL part of the fun.

I think realistically this is un-enforcable, especially if I were to give my gc details to a friend and that friend signs in as me... how would you even begin to combat that? I don't do this myself but I know ppl who have. And frankly there are perfectly valid reasons for potentially doing so imo.

Doing this as a permanent game strategy is naff tho.

It's a rubbish practice and it's not exactly ' fair play' but then again this ain't the Olympic Games its a tablet game...get over it, some ppl will always find a way to ♥♥♥♥♥...

Th12 - le chat nu !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRage10 View Post
    fette is always right
    Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid1985 View Post
    fette knows best

Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    I think realistically this is un-enforcable, especially if I were to give my gc details to a friend and that friend signs in as me... how would you even begin to combat that? I don't do this myself but I know ppl who have. And frankly there are perfectly valid reasons for potentially doing so imo.

Doing this as a permanent game strategy is naff tho.

It's a rubbish practice and it's not exactly ' fair play' but then again this ain't the Olympic Games its a tablet game...get over it, some ppl will always find a way to ♥♥♥♥♥...
    When you admit in a video that you engage in account sharing, it's rather easy to detect and enforce don't you think?

The TOS is a very long legal document to prevent Supercell from being sued. It covers everything their well paid legal department can come up with to prevent monetary liability. They can decide how to enforce said rules.

For example. The TOS clearly ban the use of supercell products by anyone under the age of 13. Even sharing access to someone under that age is rights to ban. Judging by English global alone, we can know this is not enforced.
    TH10 🐼 Top Trophies: 3400

Proud Elder of Fury Rising
    RISING FAMILY

To be fair people who say it's wrong. Philosophically speaking a rule isn't a rule, if theres exceptions to the rule. So it isn't actually a rule because they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Woski View Post
    The TOS is a very long legal document to prevent Supercell from being sued. It covers everything their well paid legal department can come up with to prevent monetary liability. They can decide how to enforce said rules.

For example. The TOS clearly ban the use of supercell products by anyone under the age of 13. Even sharing access to someone under that age is rights to ban. Judging by English global alone, we can know this is not enforced.
    Yup its impossible to enforce.. Like Facebook most of people under age couldn't give a toss.
    16/11/12
    Level 156 IGN: Daniel###•