Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuriken: A TH8 Base Design (2 Formations)

Pro Member
    For me personally I would love to farm your DE. This base has it's DE to easily accessible. 4 wb's on the top right side would allow me to access your DE easily. Funnily enough the BK is probably the most protected building, since it is most centralized. Also having a 2x2 core means that buildings in the core are equally protected and I assume valuable. The gold is nicely spread out though. The only cause for concern about the gold i have is that a strong Giant Healer can attack from bottom left and follow along to the left hand gold storage to take 2 storage's, since the base naturally leads them that way.
    TH9 | Level 87 | Clan: trailerparkboys | IGN: luckyluke | Latest Achievement: Defending against a L135 who has over 700mil GG
    Quote Originally Posted by Altin View Post
    What would the new theme for TH11 be? Frozen? Electric? Lightning? (purple). I mean if its frozen we should just let it go.

Wow. Great base once again but I still kind of prefer the tempest

Great base as always, but not too much of a surprise for me, as someone spoiled it in your other thread*coughR3taliatecough* Just wanted to report that under the first video, it says "Features of the Tempest", and this is the Shuriken. I see someone had an old habit
    CR and COC
    IGN: Cyclone

Also, sorry for double posting, but I'd like to volunteer to using this base! In about two days, defenses will be completely maxed, just need to work on walls and BK, and a few elixir upgrades, but yeah. I'll renovate when I get the chance
    CR and COC

Quote Originally Posted by KamikazePekka View Post
    Also, sorry for double posting, but I'd like to volunteer to using this base! In about two days, defenses will be completely maxed, just need to work on walls and BK, and a few elixir upgrades, but yeah. I'll renovate when I get the chance
    Proud to have you aboard! Best be up in gold 2+ to get some good raids. I've won each defence I've had.

Live in peace, if you want to be close to death, as life is just a diversion of your fate
    The Receptionist TH8 Trophy Base

Ok I jumped on the shurikan bandwagon
    we'll see how it goes

TH 10 - Level 127

BurnOut_Syndrom

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    I think you should test your farming bases too, because at the moment you are trophy hunting(?) and only use the trophy base. This base does have a more promising farming version than the Tempest in my opinion.
    I don't have any gold to protect to test it :P

And it seems to take way to long to test farming bases IMO, as people just snipe snipe snipe...

Quote Originally Posted by Syler28 View Post
    I prefer the tempest. According to your defense logs, looks like they have been breaking into the core with ease and taking your de
    Only 2 raids have taken my DE, both were by an AQ after maxed troops destroyed my buildings. I also had no CC TROOPS OR TRAPS for those 2 raids.
    Further explanation below!

Quote Originally Posted by R3taliate View Post
    Attacked last night and got 49%, I would post a replay but I dont know how. He used a common giant healer strategy with 15 giants
    Nice! It seems we are getting similar defences

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggermonkey View Post
    I like it! Props to you, nice thread. Awesome base.
    Thanks man appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Spellmaster View Post
    For me personally I would love to farm your DE. This base has it's DE to easily accessible. 4 wb's on the top right side would allow me to access your DE easily. Funnily enough the BK is probably the most protected building, since it is most centralized. Also having a 2x2 core means that buildings in the core are equally protected and I assume valuable. The gold is nicely spread out though. The only cause for concern about the gold i have is that a strong Giant Healer can attack from bottom left and follow along to the left hand gold storage to take 2 storage's, since the base naturally leads them that way.
    Firstly, thanks for bringing up this concern I appreciate constructive comments!

So far there have only been 2 attacks that have got my DE storage. And both times I had no CC troops or traps.
    Keep in mind these attacks are by maxed troops.

As for the breaching the core issue you have brought up, it takes more than 4 wallbreakers to reach the core.
    In fact, if you look back on my defence log, there is one guy who attacked me with 12 wallbreakers. He deployed them efficiently, having the giants taking hits, while deploying the wallbreakers in sets of 2's, but unfortunately, they are distracted to the surrounding compartments. Both times my DE was stolen by the AQ. And as far as I'm concerned... There's nothing much you can do about this.

Hope you can understand

Personally, limiting maxed giant healer attacks to around 50% (without CC TROOPS) is good!
    And actually winning (with CC TROOPS) is even better.

As for the issue with a 'strong giant healer' strategy being able to get 2 gold storages... I hope we can both agree that any 'strong' TH9/10 attack will destroy any base!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatoneguyIknow View Post
    Wow. Great base once again but I still kind of prefer the tempest
    thanks! Well now I have both bases available, feel free to choose hehe

Great base as always, but not too much of a surprise for me, as someone spoiled it in your other thread*coughR3taliatecough* Just wanted to report that under the first video, it says "Features of the Tempest", and this is the Shuriken. I see someone had an old habit
    Ahaha, he did kind of spoil it, but fortunately I was about to release it soon anyway :P

Thanks for picking up on the error... I'll fix it ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by acealive View Post
    Ok I jumped on the shurikan bandwagon
    we'll see how it goes

Welcome to join the party haha!

Any new on acceptance back into the clan?
    btw I just 3 stared, will be showing it to you but only if I can get back in

~Smithy~

Live in peace, if you want to be close to death, as life is just a diversion of your fate
    The Receptionist TH8 Trophy Base

Updated main thread with a slight change to the bottom left wizard tower and storage placement.
    Swap them around for a perfect triangular placement.

Also added some more replays.
    Just note that some are duplicates, so don't treat them like new attack

Quote Originally Posted by R3taliate View Post
    Any new on acceptance back into the clan?
    btw I just 3 stared, will be showing it to you but only if I can get back in

~Smithy~
    Sent you a PM regarding clan

I'm really no pro at all at AI, so please bear with me. Do the outer buildings have to be as compact as they are? And do the collectors have to be in the places they are? Because I would like to move a few buildings out by one tile as to make the king unlurable (because he almost is). And also, I don't like my collectors all in a line like that, a few waves of barbs and archers could clear them, so yeah. I was wondering if collectors were there to lure away goblins or something, because if not, I'll spread them out a bit more. Thanks!
    CR and COC