Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hay Day Facebook Connection Problem Data Collection

Hay Day Facebook Connection Problem Data Collection

If you're having trouble connecting to facebook from Hay Day, please answer the following: (If you are uncomfortable answering some of the location questions in public, please PM those to me)
    Android:
    NOTE: Using emulators or 3rd party programs to run Supercell applications (♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for instance) is not supported and against Terms of Service, and some features may not work properly (Facebook linking for instance)

1) What device are you using
    2) What Android version is on it
    3) Are you rooted
    4) Do you have the Android Facebook App installed and updated
    4a) If so, are you logged into the Facebook App
    6) What country do you live in
    7) Who is your Internet Provider for the device
    8) Is it on WiFi or Cellular
    9) Is the device issued from work/school - if so, does it have restricted profiles or a proxy server
    10) Is your Android setup for multiple profiles (Multiple users)?
    11) From your Android default webbrowser, can you navigate to this URL: https://edge-star-shv-10-ord1.facebook.com

From within Hay Day
    A) Clicking settings icon, then "Sign In With Facebook" describe what happens in detail.
    B) Clicking the Facebook "Connect" icon in the friends list, describe what happens in detail.

From within Facebook (Logging on via a webpage)
    1) Click the gear icon at upper far right, then "Settings"
    2) Click "Apps" on the left hand side
    3) Is Hay Day listed on the right under "Apps you use" - may have to click "Show All Apps" near the bottom
    4) If so, what are your entries/settings for:
    * Last logged in
    * Visibility of App
    * This App Needs (You don't have to post your e-mail address)
    * This App Can Also
    * Last Data Access
    * When to Notify You
    5) If it's not listed, click the "Blocking" link on the left, scroll down to the "Block Apps" section and ensure Hay Day is not listed there
    6) Navigate to Hay Day's Facebook App Page (While logged into Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/haydaygame and click the "Send to Mobile" link on the far right.

iOS:

2) What iOS version is on it
    3) Are you jailbroken
    4) Are you logged into facebook on the device from the Settings>Facebook area.
    5) Do you have the iOS Facebook App installed and updated
    5a) If so, are you logged into the Facebook App
    9) Is the device issued from work/school - if so, does it have restricted profiles or a proxy server
    10) From your iOS default webbrowser, can you navigate to this URL: https://edge-star-shv-10-ord1.facebook.com

From within Hay Day
    A) Clicking settings icon, then "Sign In With Facebook" describe what happens in detail.
    Aa) If it doesn't work, click it again - did anything different happen?
    B) Clicking the Facebook "Connect" icon in the friends list, describe what happens in detail.
    Bb) If it doesn't work, click it again - did anything different happen?

3) Is Hay Day listed on the right under "Apps you use" - may have to click "Show All Apps" near the bottom
    * Last logged in
    * Visibility of App
    * This App Can Also
    * Last Data Access
    * When to Notify You
    5) If it's not listed, click the "Blocking" link on the left, scroll down to the "Block Apps" section and ensure Hay Day is not listed there
    6) Navigate to Hay Day's Facebook App Page (While logged into Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/haydaygame and click the "Send to Mobile" link on the far right.

-----------------
    Some users have offered some additional steps which may help as well:

Thank you HK95 for this tip:
    I am using galaxy s4 stock firmware but rooted.I faced similar FB connection issues [click on connect and nothing happens]. I went to phone settings>accounts deleted my facebook account, started facebook app put my login details, logged in and restarted my phone then tried hayday and i was connected to facebook. Hope this helps.
    -------------------
    Working with some folks via PM, if you're still having problems, I have 2 more simple things to check.

1) Date/Time/Time Zone - Since the game uses HTTPS for the facebook connection, incorrect date/time/location can cause some communication issues while using HTTPS. Please double-check that it is correct on your device.

2) 2 other facebook setting to check. Again, since it's using HTTPS, this option was introduced years ago from Facebook, but if you have an older account, may not have been activated.

Log into Facebook on your computer/web browser. Click: Account>Settings then over on the left, click "Security"
    Look at the setting on the right side for "Secure Browsing" and make sure it is enabled.

There is also a "Login Approvals" - if you've set this, it could be preventing your tablet from logging into Facebook as well.

Just trying to think of all possibilities here.
    -----------------------
    Another great hint from our community member Cast:

In Game Center, face book recommendations are turned on. Just sent out 40 friend requests and Facebook can't connect it stays greed out. FB app does work either.
    Logged in to FB web page, answered all the spam, yes I know this person. And now Hayday connects. I have disabled Facebook friend recommendations in Game Center settings.

I think this will fix some of the Hayday FB connect issues.
    --------------
    I found one reference to depending on which method you logged into facebook with (email address, username, or mobile number) it might not load the friends list. It was more prevalent if using a mobile number, it was suggested to log into facebook with your e-mail. Also I read it could be an issue if you had connected the app while logged in with one method, then later used a different.

There is also a setting from within Facebook that could cause issues. Try going into Settings>Security> Then down at the bottom is "Active Sessions". Try ending all sessions (will still leave your current session open). I've read if there was a password update to the account, or a hung session, things may not behave properly.
    Last edited by twister; February 13th, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

I can not connect facebook

Its just refreshing,and after sometime its not connected.I have checked all your question and nothing wrong found in my xperia sp,and in my fb app heyday also allowed,please say me working solution to conect fb from heyday app.thanks

Still Not Connecting

Have tried all of the above and still not connecting. All my other apps connect to Facebook no problems. This is the only app that doesnt

Below are my answers to your questions.
    LG NEXUS 4
    2) What Android version is on it
    ANDRIOD KITKAT 4.4.2
    3) Are you rooted
    NO
    4) Do you have the Android Facebook App installed and updated
    YES
    4a) If so, are you logged into the Facebook App
    YES
    INDIA
    BEAM TELECOM
    WIFI
    PERSONAL DEVICE, NO RESTRICTED PROFILES
    10) Is your Android setup for multiple profiles (Multiple users)?
    NO
    11) From your Android default webbrowser, can you navigate to this URL: https://edge-star-shv-10-ord1.facebook.comcom
    YES

From within Hay Day
    It prompts to access Facebook for permission and redirects to Hay day, status changes as "Facebook connecting" and immediately changes back to "Sign In With Facebook"
    B)clicking the Facebook "Connect" icon in the friends list, describe what happens in detail.
    -:Same as above:- Redirects to App and doesn't connect
    Checked
    Checked
    Listed
    * Last logged in Today
    * Visibility of App Public
    Your basic info
    Your email address
    * This App Can Also
    * Last Data Access Today
    * When to Notify You "the app sends you a notification"
    6) Navigate to Hay Day's Facebook App Page (While logged into Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/haydaygame and click the "Send to Mobile" link on the far righ

Fresh Spawn

Nothing Worked...!!!

I've also tried all of these steps but nothing worked

Having problem to connect Fb,here is the answers of your question-

1) What device are you using> SONY XPERIA SP
    2) What Android version is on it > ANDROID 4.1.2 JELLY BEAN
    3) Are you rooted > NO
    4) Do you have the Android Facebook App installed and updated> YES
    4a) If so, are you logged into the Facebook App > YES
    6) What country do you live in >INDIA
    7) Who is your Internet Provider for the device> CELLULAR (AIRTEL INDIA)
    8) Is it on WiFi or Cellular >CELLULAR
    9) Is the device issued from work/school - if so, does it have restricted profiles or a proxy server >NO,NO RESTRICTED PROFILE OR PROXY SERVER
    10) Is your Android setup for multiple profiles (Multiple users)? > NO
    11) From your Android default webbrowser, can you navigate to this URL: https://edge-star-shv-10-ord1.facebook.com > YES

From within Hay Day
    A) Clicking settings icon, then "Sign In With Facebook" describe what happens in detail.>NOTHING HAPPENS,SOMETIME ITS REFRESHING,TRYING TO CONNECT ,THEN STOPPED,NOT CONNECTED
    B) Clicking the Facebook "Connect" icon in the friends list, describe what happens in detail.> NO RESPONSE,ITS SEEM MY TOUCH NOT WORKING.

3) Is Hay Day listed on the right under "Apps you use" - may have to click "Show All Apps" near the bottom >YES LISTED
    * Last logged in >FEBRUARY 3
    * Visibility of App >FRIENDS
    * This App Needs (You don't have to post your e-mail address)> Your basic info
    Your email address(sampleid@tmail.com)

* This App Can Also
    * Last Data Access>>basic information (today) email address (today) about me .........(today)
    * When to Notify You (when app send any information)

Unhappy when will you reply?

when will you solve the problem? without friends help playing hey day so tough and irritating, please fix the problem at earliest.thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by farmature View Post
    when will you solve the problem? without friends help playing hey day so tough and irritating, please fix the problem at earliest.thanks!
    I can't answer that. With millions of players, we have only a handful of users having issues, so the purpose of these questions was to try to identify what part of the process is broken for them, identify a common breaking point or trend, then look at those processes within the game or explore other possible reasons for them to be failing.

I'm not saying it isn't something in the game code, but the game uses the standard API's, SDKs the various services hand out, it's hard to say 99.99% of your users are a-ok, and .01 are having issues and identify what it is.

The answers posted in the 2 threads and all the PMs I have are a great starting point, and I thank everyone for their time to completely fill out the data we asked for, but all I can tell you is we are trying as best we can.

Try these guys...

From Settings > Developer Options > Uncheck/Unmark the "Don't keep activities" option or just simply turn off the Developer options on higher Android OS 4.1 and up. Try logging and connect it again.

I am using Sony Xperia Sola running Android 4.0 ICS and this thing solves my problem. Hope that it helps. A gift of bolts is greatly appreciated. Lol.

Please repost (reply with quote option on forum) if you find this thing useful on you. Thanks!

My FB: mackbdc@yahoo.com
    Add me and let's farm! :-)
    Last edited by bringit32; February 9th, 2014 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bringit32 View Post
    From Settings > Developer Options > Uncheck/Unmark the "Don't keep activities" option or just simply turn off the Developer options on higher Android OS 4.1 and up. Try logging and connect it again.

I am using Sony Xperia Sola running Android 4.0 ICS and this thing solves my problem. Hope that it helps. A gift of bolts is greatly appreciated. Lol.

Please repost (reply with quote option on forum) if you find this thing useful on you. Thanks!

My FB: mackbdc@yahoo.com
    Add me and let's farm! :-)
    I'm curious if this helps anyone else out there. Developer Options are hidden by default (you have to 7-tap the build Number under Settings>About Tablet/Phone to even get them to show up). And... Don't Keep Activities is off by default.

I'm even more curious if some program out there enables this option, or if it was something you had turned on for some other purpose previously.