Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make sure I don't fill your boat crate

How to make sure I don't fill your boat crate

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's because I have been stuck in the house too long because of our lousy weather, but I saw something today that blew me away.

I saw a farm with three crates flagged all asking for premium items. In other words, not crops or quickly made items. But the farmer had changed the name of their farm to indicate, I'd better not buy too much from his shop. ( I am being vague on purpose because I am not about to name this person and because I have seen several farmers doing the same type of thing).

Does this strike anyone else as extremely arrogant? You don't want me to buy what I want (even your wheat or eggs) at the max price YOU have set, but you want me to give you my valuable goods at less than max market price and you'd be please if I filled them all. One farm even went as far as to tell me how many items I could buy max, but they still flagged all three boat crates.

Remarkable! Guess what. I didn't fill a single one! And I had all of it in large quantities.

I'm off to find some other boat to help.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Banned
    Ur a good neighbor Tiggerr...u can fill my boats and clean my shop out anytime

I don't have any neighbors like that but if I did, I would've unfriended them a long time ago and wouldn't think twice about it. Too much hassle to deal with....not worth the headache.

IMHO its arrogance on their behalf!

I'm not going to worry about all the etiquette anymore. If neighbours need help with boats, and i have the goods, i will fill.

if people have goods in their RSS's then I shall buy.

If there is stuff in my RSS - fill your boots! (Please, am still wheating, and wheating, and wheating and still trying to get to the magic 1000 storage about 8 months to go i reckon).

If I ask for help either with boat or reviving plants, and you help me, then thank you!

I dont think i'm a bad neighbour, but hate all this not treading on toes (metaphorically) and i wont be spending my time worrying anymore.

Rant over - life is too ding dang short!

Happy Farming!
    Level 61
    daily player (when connection allows!)
    GC: Scareyjules
    Hood: Moseys Hood
    feel free to add me on GC

I know it's me your talking about and I'll tell you why I set a max of 4 items. I would constantly fill my RSS with premium items, jams, juices, cakes, etc and without fail, one person would come along and clean me out!!! They would leave nothing for any of my other neighbors! A lot of my neighbors help me and I would like to repay by selling high-end items. If you don't like it, unfriend me!

Is this another of those etiquette threads? I'm pretty sure the mods will close this.

Quote Originally Posted by DOLPHINRESCUE View Post
    I know it's me your talking about and I'll tell you why I set a max of 4 items. I would constantly fill my RSS with premium items, jams, juices, cakes, etc and without fail, one person would come along and clean me out!!! They would leave nothing for any of my other neighbors! A lot of my neighbors help me and I would like to repay by selling high-end items. If you don't like it, unfriend me!
    You would like to repay them? Then pm/msg them directly and arrange to have them take those items. By filling your shop and hoping that only a certain group of people can buy them is not very realistic because most of the time the opposite will happen instead.

perhaps i am still to new to this, but anything in the shop is for sale :P, want it? buy it. dont want it, feel free not to purchase.
    if you want certain folks to buy special items from you, contact by any messenger available and set up a trade

as for boats with *all special marked for help*, i do agree on that.
    while i am aware of most of my neighbours level and sometimes lack of production buildings, if they go all out on something i know they should be able to do themselves i skip the boat.
    on the other hand one of my neighbours in particular lacks the fishing boat and juicer. i am often found in those buildings just to help those orders for her =P
    Martinus lvl 75 (16T) on android.
    fully mastered: sugar, dairy, popcorn, BBQ, bakery, cake, loom, icecream, pie, juice, smelters, jam, soup, candy, sauce.
    Achievements: 105/108 (missing gold miner3, helter melter3, town explorer3)

I guess I can understand why someone puts it up, but there was awhile that one of my neighbours put really lovely items that I always seemed short on up and I used to buy loads of them. So I made a real point of helping them fill all sorts of difficult crates, including 3 crates of the same high end item which left me short.

I've taken the view that as long as it's not the same person who takes everything each and every single time then it doesn't bother me. If they strip me bare constantly without ever helping then I'll just defriend them! I have a lot of neighbours so it would take quite a bit of doing to always strip me bare before someone else gets in! I tend to flag a tree or a bush for watering to attract a helpful neighbour when I put good stuff up for sale anyway.
    Tweeze- lvl 84

I admit, it is a bit arrogant. I try to be careful to not to flag the most valuable items on the boat for my neighbours. If I do not want to cast off, for example, a sugar or a dairy boat I will myself fill those crates, and not flag them. And regarding the RSS, I understand some people don't like raiding, but as the items have been put there to be sold, so what can he do... They are for sale. I don't mind my RSS being raided, but I try not to raid other's RSS.

Tiggerr, I am very happy to have you as my neighbour.
    Daily player
    Hay Day level: 124

Pro Member
    I came across one of those farms yesterday. I did fill one of the crates and then proceeded to clean out the shop whether I needed the items or not. I don't care if they deleted me; there are always players lined up looking to be added.