Thread: Hayday Mysteries Chapter #3 - Fred loses his Aunt Hilda again ....

Hayday Mysteries Chapter #3 - Fred loses his Aunt Hilda again ....

For Chapters #1 and #2 go to:

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ing-Aunt-Hilda

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ee-Aunty-Hilda

Chapter #3

As dawn rises on another day on Jude's Retreat and Farmstay, Mr Snow the third Snow brother is down at the brook trying to catch a fish for his breakfast. He hasn't quite got the hang of it yet, and Castor Bay is giving him some much needed advice.

"Perhaps if you hold the line over the water you may have more success", suggests Castor.

"Okay, I will shuffle around and see if that helps", replies Mr Snow.

With great effort, due to Mr Snow having no feet, he manages to shimmy around so that his rod is over the water.

Honey, Little Joe and Jerry Lewis watch on with interest.

Over at the house a meeting is taking place. Nephew Fred and his wife Hilda, Fred the camera man, Private Ferdinand and Mr Snow the younger are discussing the afternoon festivities. Mr Snow is a theatrical type and a principal actor in the HayDay Players. He has also been known to do a little conducting. Ferdinand has a deep baritone voice and is looking forward to performing.

While nephew Fred is occupied, Aunt Hilda decides to take up Fritz's offer of a cycling lesson. He has built her a cycle lane along the front boundary of the farm, bless him. 'What a sweet young man', Hilda thinks to herself.

"Here Hilda, I found this lovely flower and it reminded me of you, bright and cheerful", proclaimed Fritz.

"How considerate of you Fritz, I do love flowers and I especially love butterflies", declared Hilda.

"But how am I going to manage the bike section of the race if I cant reach the pedals?" asks Hilda.

"I have been thinking about that very issue Hilda", replies Fritz. "And I have come up with a few possible solutions, see what you think of these".

"Firstly' you could sit in the shopping basket and I could do the pedalling. Or we could do it on a tandem and I could pedal up the hills. Then again I could pull you along on the sled behind my bike. Or finally, I could make you some wooden leg extensions which attach to you shoes allowing you to reach the pedals yourself. There is plenty is dead wood around the farm"

"Oh, I like that last idea, after all I want to get around the course under my own steam" says Hilda in a determine voice.

'I knew there was a reason I liked this woman so much', thinks Fritz, 'She is a gutsy wee lass'.

"Okay", answers Fritz, "I will get to work making you some pedal extensions. Perhaps we could go into town this afternoon and I could purchase some tools".

Fritz's consideration and kindness are slowly turning Hilda's head. 'It could be very easy to like this young man', thinks Hilda to herself. 'And those tight little buns are not bad either'.

Over at the house, the afternoons entertainment is well underway. The first act is the All Male HayDay Choir.

Mr Snow the younger is conducting and the audience is full of Freds and Hildas who are taking an afternoon off from their jobs around the farm. Mr Snow the enforcer has also come over to watch his brother and listen to the singing. As has Franz. Fred the camera man is recording the afternoons show to be broadcast on the local TV channel, HDTV.

"I wonder where Aunt Hilda is?" nephew Fred asks his wife.

"I though I saw her over at the dock just now" answers Hilda.

"I hope she isn't in the company of that young man", Fred says, with a touch of concern in his voice. "Maybe I can stop her before she gets herself into trouble. People will know she is missing and talk".

"I think you are a bit late Fred, thats the boat leaving now".

"Damn" shouts Fred.

The second act of the afternoon is Te Awe and the Snorkelling Chickens. After the great success of New Years Eve, everyone is excited about rocking the afternoon to the band. The Freds tap their pitchforks in time with the music and the Hildas get down and boggie.

Fred asks Mr Snow the elder if he will go into town and keep an eye on Aunt Hilda. He would go himself, but he is sure that Aunt Hilda would not appreciate the intrusion and with Mr Snows PI background he should be able to be inconspicuous while at the same time making sure that Hilda does not get into anything she may regret later. He has a lot to learn about his Aunt Hilda!

Mr Snow goes out to the bus stop and tries to wave down the local bus, with little success. 'It is going to be a long afternoon', he thinks to himself.

Back at the house the final act of the afternoon is underway. The Gyrating Goats are agile and limber and demonstrate the long tradition of jumping and tumbling to great effect. The audience is spell bound.

Fred notices that Aunt Hilda isnt back on the last boat, and starts to worry.

To be continued....

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Superb Jude Not much else to say - waiting eagerly to see where Aunt Hilda is???

Farm Level 170. Town 51. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Another enthralling chapter, Jude. Wherever can Fritz and Aunt Hilda be? Let's just hope it's just a late night dinner and dance cruise, or maybe Fritz has taken Aunt Hilda to the city to buy a pretty dress for her to wear the the Valentine's Day soirée? I just can't wait to find out where it is all leading!
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Jude you are a very talented story teller! This is really getting juicy.
    Lea
    My opinons are mine, yours are yours. I'm okay with that.
    Bless your heart and I thank ya kindly for your concern.

Aunt Hilda does have a romantic soul, so maybe she has gone to purchase herself a frock for the soirée, but then again knowing her determination to compete in the triathlon and her fiercely independent nature, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she hopped the freighter to work as a longshore(wo)man for a few weeks so as to build up some stamina and muscle!

Either way I'm glad to see that Aksel's long ago tragedy hasn't instilled an irrational fear of boats!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Like Glade, I hope that Aunt Hilda and Fritz are simply enjoying some time in town...maybe finding her special dress for the soiree and then a nice dinner. Or maybe Fritz was able to find the materials he needed to fix Hilda's bike so she could reach the pedals and they are simply in the barn working on their project.

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    Either way I'm glad to see that Aksel's long ago tragedy hasn't instilled an irrational fear of boats!
    I completely forgot about that! Glad his tragedy didn't affect her view of boats and cruises, etc.

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!