Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Warehouse / Tool Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Kolonistje1 View Post
    Hi,

Do you ever buy these items in the newspaper ?

I do and that is why I personally don't agree. If these items were stored seperately almost no one would be selling them at all anymore. They are hard enough to find in the newspaper as is. With much less people selling them it would become impossible to find them.

Just keep around the amount of items you need for your next upgrade. No point in holding on to any particular item for your next upgrade while you are still short on another.
    I see what your saying... But Everytime we upgrade the silo or barn it seems like we just got more space to store more upgrade material. We don't get enough silo space. I understand though . I sell my material if I'm not upgrading soon. But if I had a shed like u said. Your right i would just hord it. It's a double edge sword...

My advice: Don't try to upgrade both silo and barn at the same time. Choose which one needs the upgrade the most and sell the other items.

Furthermore, don't hold on to upgrades you already have enough. Say, you need 25 bolts, duct tapes and planks to upgrade. You have 30 bolts, 24 tape and 6 planks. Sell the 5 bolts. I know it hurts (been there, done that, got the t-shirt ;-)) but it's better for your storage capacity (same goes for expansion items).

And after your storage capacity reaches 1000 (? I'm not sure, too long ago, anyone else?) you go up by 50 (instead of 25) after an upgrade. But then again, you probably will be at a level where you must make more different products, thus you need that space ;-)
    Last edited by tikkeltjes; March 1st, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
    Tikkeltjes - taking a (most likely permanent) break from HD

Quote Originally Posted by tikkeltjes View Post
    And after your storage capacity reaches 1000 (? I'm not sure, too long ago, anyone else?) you go up by 50 (instead of 25) after an upgrade.
    Yes it's 1000.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Will it ever increase by 75?! ;-)
    Tikkeltjes - taking a (most likely permanent) break from HD

Quote Originally Posted by tikkeltjes View Post
    Will it ever increase by 75?! ;-)
    I wish I knew the answer to that one but unfortunately I don't

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Lightbulb Storage room for building materials

I like to have an extra storage room for all my building materials. All the nails, boards, screws, ... need too much space, so i think it should give an extra room for it.

Perhaps even a rethink of the expansion increment requirements is needed. At a certain level, needing 20 of each is hard enough, so to make the next expansion 21 of each seems superfluous since arguably it will be just as hard getting another 50 of each item in the first place. Perhaps this would be a better model for expansion:

First 10 expansions = 10 each
    Next 10 expansions = 15 each
    Next 10 expansions = 20 each

Or something to that effect so that it doesn't get too ridiculous. At present, this is the current rate:

Capacity 1000 = 38 of each
    (After 1000, value of expansion 'n'= +50 instead of +25)
    Capacity 2000 = 58 of each
    Capacity 10,000(!) = 158 of each

As players advance beyond a certain level, it is not as though the building materials are easier to come by. So, comparing a level 51 player and a level 81 player where both have all the machines does not confer much more advantage to the higher level player in gaining access to the building materials. All that is really happening here is that higher level players are being given a bit of a drag chute on being able to expand their barns and silos.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveShine View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice to have something like a shelter for the tools (saw, dynamite, ...), so that these not appear in the normal barn-storage?
    I think it would be a cool idea... if this was incorporated with the idea of having a saw mill that processes all the trees we chop down to make shed panels and use nails or screws to fit them together, that way you make your choice which to expand and it encourages you to harvest your trees more often.

Sometimes I think someone may have a thought about something new but haven't worked out the finer details of how it would work exactly so I see threads like this as an opportunity for people to throw ideas around and see what comes out. Things don't necessarily always have to end up costing diamonds it could be a way of SC getting us to think more strategically.

I could tell but you had probaly never heard of that place
    Great idea i support it
    Join the FRENDz!
    Check out the FRENDz Network [group discussions]
    Who are the FRENDz? [members introductions and timezones]
    humuhumu's youtube channel [replays and attack videos]
    you gotta get behind the penguin so you don't get blown ahaha

Supplies Shed

It would be so great if we could have a supply shed. Something to store all the barn/silo tools, expansion tools and maybe even axes/shovels/dynamite/TNT. When you are trying to save for upgrades while trying to save up for boat orders of 30 juices or something, it fills up fast.