View Poll Results: What Should The Boost Be? (Read OP First!!!)

Voters
596. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2.0 production boost with gem stack up to 3.0!

243 40.77%
  • 1.5 production boost with gem stack up to 2.5!

118 19.80%
  • Less than 1.5 boost!

33 5.54%
  • More than a 2.0 boost!

39 6.54%
  • I can't read!

163 27.35%
Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Builder Idea (Don't Judge Based On Title)

My Builder Idea (Don't Judge Based On Title)

(Edit)Thank you all who have helped developed this idea! If this is your first visit I hope you like the idea as well and give feedback! This idea in all is a proposed solution to both big and small issues that players have. The main purposes of this idea are explained in teal!

My idea is a new option for builders. When a builder is not busy with an upgrade, you have the option to have him "work" on an elixir collector, gold mine, or DE drill. While a builder is working on a resource building, that building receives a 2x production bonus. That's right, a man bashing his mallet thingy on a mine, collector or drill punishes that mine/collector/drill into working harder! One builder max can work on a resource building at a time. Don't judge this idea yet as there are in depth details to the mechanics in red!

Purpose of idea:
    -To slightly eleviate many people's issues with gold (we all know some people will never be satified with this ). I don't think that players should be able to depend fully on resource buildings for their upgrades, but it's not just my opinion that we are due a small improvement with self resource income!
    -To give players who do not have enough resources to use their builders for upgrades a way to still utilize the builders and to help them save up for their desired upgrades.
    -To eventually slightly increase available loot short term inactives and actives can offer if their builders are or were 'working' on resource buildings.
    -All players, high level and low, can use this to help with upgrading walls (especially TH 10's).
    -Gives another reason for casual and hardcore players alike to upgrade and max their mines and collectors!
    -To keep builders busy to help maintain their weight (we don't want them outgrowing their puny huts)
    -Most importantly it would benefit both the players and SC ($$)!

The (debatable) mechanics: *NOTE: These are edited based on your comments!
    -An open builder can be placed on a single mine/collector for NO cost
    -Mines/collectors will have the "work" option available for a free builder to work on it when there is not arleady a builder working on it
    -The builder can be stopped at any time
    -This boost gives a 2.0x production increase to that mine/collector
    -This boost can be stacked with gems for a total of a 3.0x production rate increase
    -Builders can "work" on dark elixir drills... But DE drills would be given a smaller boost from the builder
    -The boost for drills would be 1.33x. The reasoning here (provided by Zeal) is that gemming a max drill costs about 3 times as much as gemming a mine or collector, so this boost would be 1/3 the increase as the mine/collector boost. This can be stacked with gemming for a 2.33x boost!
    Limitations:
    -A player starts off without this feature. At level 20 the player unlocks this ability, but is limited to using one builder at a time on a mine, collector or drill. Every 20 levels a player increase this limit by 1, allowing a level 100 player with 5 builders to put all 5 to work! This feature now only gives players incentive to purchase/earn builders early on, but it also gives more purpose to the level of the player, making leveling more exciting!
    *-(Added by popular demand) When a builder is set to work on a mine, collector, or drill, that builder will automatically work for x amount of hours on that building. The builder is set to work for the same amount of hours as the mine/collector/drill level (Examples: 2 hours on a level 2 mine, 11 hours on a level 11 collector, 6 hours on a level 6 drill, 12 hours when/if they add level 12 collectors/mines!). Note that drills do not have as high of available levels, making this feature slightly nerfed for drills to compensate for their (usually) higher worth.
    -A countdown bar will exist over the resource building that is similar to an upgrade countdown bar, but in a different color to differentiate buildings being upgraded from the buildings being "worked" on. Currently existing loading bars in the game are as follows:
    Upgrade bars are green
    Researches, spells being created and troops being trained bars are orange
    Resting hero bars are black.
    For this new feature the resource building builder boost bars would be blue! A building would also have the same type of swirl around it as when it is being gem boosted, only instead the swirl for this feature would be blue. Both swirls would occur when a building is being worked on
    and gemmed together.
    -A building cannot be upgraded while a builder is "working" on it, although the builder could be stopped and then start upgrading that building (the cooldown timer only prevents builders from "working," not upgrading)
    -A 6 hour cooldown bar will appear over the resource building after a builder has completed his working session. There is no cooldown for the builder himself, only the building. The building during this cooldown time will still collect resources as normal and can still be gemmed, but simply cannot be worked on by a builder during the duration!
    -This means that drills are at a disadvantage by not being able to continually "work" on them all.
    -A builder can be taken off his "work shift" as we will call it at any time during it. If this occurs, the 6 hour cooldown period will still take place just as it would if the builder completed his entire "shift" on the resource building. This prevents players from avoiding the cooldown by taking the builder off of "work" early. This also means that there is no additional cost to relieve the builder prematurely.
    -(NEW) The cooldown can be eliminated from a building by a small gem cost. This would most likely only be useful for drills.*
    The text between the asterisks came from other forumers. These extra details have really helped develop this idea and I hope you all help me continue to perfect this idea!

Thanks to your feedback and participation in the poll, a couple of trends have come to light:
    -2.0 boost is the more popular choice
    -A scary amount of you can't read!

Why I think that this idea makes sense:
    -People cannot "abuse" this feature, because if they put their builders to work on mines/collectors, they are choosing this over upgrading structures!
    -Players who are already receiving enough resources for their upgrades won't need this extra income during that time, so it's not a simple "Let's add another level to resource buildings" (I wouldn't complain if these resource buildings were the next to gain another level though Who would?).
    -People who choose to put all of their builders on mines/collectors/drills don't receive that huge of a boost to income, so I feel that this would not be unfair, especially since lower TH's have lower leveled mines/collectors/drills if any.

Hope you find this idea to be a positive one. All comments are welcome, especially constructive criticism!
    If you disagree with this idea for any reasons, due please explain to me why, thanks

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Credits! Wanted to say thanks to all of you who took the time to post your suggestions and opinions! Thanks to the many of you who gave your reasons on the details such as what the boosts should be for this feature (mines/collectors/drills/gem stacked). Also, thanks to the few who stated that they created their forum accounts just to give their positive feedback!

Shout out to those who went out of their way to help transform this idea and its mechanics from a sketchy rough draft into the amazing detailed piece that it is now:

KingDao
    Eugenius
    Moosy2000
    RateMyDefense
    Issacium
    Sathvik
    SargeantZeal
    Last edited by iDANglin; May 22nd, 2014 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Another typo fixed/cleared some confusion

How about we just have supercell let us upgrade our Mines and Collectors to level 12?

I don't know about this idea. I wouldn't use it, but like you said lower levels might. Is there a cost to use this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindrew View Post
    I don't know about this idea. I wouldn't use it, but like you said lower levels might. Is there a cost to use this feature?
    I'm not sure if a cost would make sense, I was thinking the cost of using a builder would be enough. This idea was more meant to be a small increase in players' gold and elixer income, more importantly a boost to income for those that can't afford to keep every builder busy. It wouldn't be a huge boost, especially since many people don't have all five builders. It would be even more incentive for people to get more builders, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonY View Post
    How about we just have supercell let us upgrade our Mines and Collectors to level 12?
    Can only one of these things happen? Or would both of these changes be too much you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dccrew3 View Post
    i like it.
    Thank you sir

I love this idea! Keep bumping this thread so sc can pay attention! And no i dont think it should stavck.

Alweert Lv.107 Lv.6 Archer Th.9
    Proud leader Of the Blood Syndicate Clans
    Bloodguard, Bloodgate, and soon to come BloodGallows
    Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by Alweert View Post
    I love this idea! Keep bumping this thread so sc can pay attention! And no i dont think it should stavck.
    If by bumping you mean responding to your feedback, I can try and manage lol. Thanks, I think I agree with you about not being able to stack the gemming and builder.

Nerf it a little bit. The 2x production should be left to boosting. How about 1.5x or 1.75x production rate if you put a builder on it? But yeah, I support 100%!
    Main IGN: abreelly LVL 108
    Proud Leader of My First Beer!
    All ruled out ideas --> List-of-all-ruled-out-ideas <-- All ruled out ideas

Quote Originally Posted by A random champ in global
    The best place to farm is my VISA
    Are you LvL70+ and looking for a clan? Check out My First Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by farglschmitz View Post
    Nerf it a little bit. The 2x production should be left to boosting. How about 1.5x or 1.75x production rate if you put a builder on it? But yeah, I support 100%!
    Good suggestion, thank you. Anything above 1x is helpful when you are broke IMO lol.