Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayday Mysteries - Fred searches for his missing Aunt Hilda

Hayday Mysteries - Fred searches for his missing Aunt Hilda

Fred has lost his middle-aged, spinster aunt, Hilda. He reported to the local police that the last time he saw her was earlier this morning heading off for a coffee at the kiosk. He hasn't seen her since and is beginning to worry. This is Aunt Hilda's first trip out of Norway and Fred promised his mother, Hilda, that he would take good care of her sister.

Since arriving on the farm she has attended a number of parties, New Years Eve and Love's birthday bash and seems to be developing a taste for the high life. A change from her sheltered life in the fiords.

Fred decides to hire the services of Mr Snow, who doubles as a private eye when he is not acting as an enforcer to clear the farm of foxes. Mr Snow promises to report back when he has any new information.

Mr Snow heads off to Waterfall Bridge to talk with Fred, cousin of Fred. "Aunt Hilda is missing, have you seen her anywhere?" he asks. Fred thinks for a minute "Nope, dont think I have seen her for several hours. She was going to get coffee at the kiosk earlier. Sorry I can't be more helpful."

By now word has got round that Aunt Hilda is missing. Hilda and Hilda, who like to gossip down at the loom have some ideas. "I think she has become such a party girl that she has gone off to town to let her hair down without the disapproving gaze of that nephew of hers" Hilda whispers. "Really" says Hilda, "Mike did say he saw the truck racing out of here this morning. We should send Mr Snow over there to investigate".

Mr Snow makes his way over to the house to see if he can find Mike. Unfortunately he is too late, Mike got what he came for, a dozen eggs, and has gone home. But the town gossip columnist has arrived wanting to buy saws. She loves a good scandal and is all ears.

"Have you seen Aunt Hilda today Ms Poppins, she seems to be missing?" he enquires.

"No, not yet. But I promise to keep an eye out for her in my travels. I am off to the neighbouring farm as there are no saws for sale here".

"What about you Tilly, have you heard anything that might be useful?"

"I was speaking to Mike a while back and he didn't mention it at the time, but he did come running after me down the driveway as he remembered Mike saying something about a speeding truck and a crazy woman at the wheel. I hope that might be of some use to you"

So Mr Snow rings up Mike and asks him if he had seen Aunty Hilda.

"Well, I cant be saying with any certainty now, but I was nearly knocked down this morning as I was walking up the drive way. This One was very close to being cat food. I can't rightly say if it was Aunty Hilda behind the wheel, but it was a middle aged women, looking quite dishevelled and driving like a bat out of hell".

With mention of the hound dog This One, he decides to send his own dogs Ajax and That One, off to see if they can pick up Aunty Hilda's scent.

Ajax takes off to the horse paddock and starts sniffing about.

Storm, Honey, Little Joe and the bays Castor and Murray are very interested in what Ajax is up to.

"Have you, have you, have you, seen Fred's aunt, Hilda by any chance. I think I might be picking up a scent ...." he babbles.

"No, no sign of her today" says Storm, "she usually brings up a carrot or two in the morning when she comes up for her coffee, but not today though".

"I just want to get this snow flake off my nose" puffs Murray.

"Until I get my fringe cut I can't really see anything" pipes up Honey.

So maybe she didnt come this way thinks Ajax.

On his way back to tell Mr Snow he over-hears Franz and Col. Wood N. Soldier having a chat over a beer barrel. "Have you seen young Fritz this morning Franz" the Colonel asks. "Not since our early morning iron man training session. He said he was meeting someone later. He was rather shy about saying too much about it though"

Ah ha, thinks Mr Snow, the plot thickens. Now we have two people missing, is that a coincidence. I think not.

All at once That One comes bounding back, all out of breathe.

"I was over at the brook and I think I have picked up a scent"

"It may just be the sheep That One" Mr Snow says. "Oh yeh, you may be right" That One replies.

When Mr Snow has nothing to report, Fred decides to take matters into his own hands and using the telescope he scans the farm for signs of his missing aunt.

And what do you know, there he spies his missing aunt. Having a 'tete-a-tete' by the wishing well with Private Fritz ........

To be continued .....
    Last edited by Judesnz54; January 29th, 2014 at 12:45 AM.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

This is terrific. I can hardly wait for the next installment . You worked very hard to produce a masterpiece of mystery!

Oh my goodness! What happens next!?

ROFLMAO!! OMG, Jude! The things that happen at the R&F!

Quite frankly, I'm shocked that Aunt Hilda was the cause of such consternation and trouble, not to mention that she would be caught so flagrantly putting the moves on Fritz, especially since she hammered poor Fred and Hilda about fidelity in a relationship!

For your sake, I hope Fritz acted the gentleman and wasn't reciprocating her affections! I'd hate to see your feelings treated so callously, and Fritz's career certainly wouldn't do well if he wound up being embroiled in a scandal. The colonel doesn't take that sort of thing lightly. Perhaps Aunt Hilda should be taken aside for a quiet chat herself...maybe if it were made clear that crating her up and packing her off home is an option on the table, she will come to senses and return to being the dignified matriarch we've come to love and respect!

Oh, and revoke her driving privileges at the very least! Obviously, her thoughts of a May-December dalliance have clouded her good judgement and she's posing a hazard to any in her path!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Quote Originally Posted by LuluHulu2409 View Post
    This is terrific. I can hardly wait for the next installment . You worked very hard to produce a masterpiece of mystery!
    Thank you, it's nice of you to say. And it took surprisingly little time. The cast were pretty much in those positions when I shot the scene. A small bit of rearranging and a few scenes set up. The story flowed quite easily. It started with me looking at Hilda and the soldier at the well. They have been there for a few days. There is already a huge back story with my farm. Franz did run in an iron man competition last week end, there is a photo of him doing it on a thread somewhere. In fact my farm isn't the only location we could shoot this movie.

Girls, great idea.

Lady Jem, you will need to take photos. I will when I am there, story made, story told.

So i wasn't starting from scratch which made it easier. The story was created around what was happening on the farm, not the other way around which would take a lot longer. Making the farm fit a story would be a nightmare. Is a nightmare. I am forever changing the farm as I see different opportunities.

I wish I could put one thing on top of another, you can to some degree by putting one thing in front of the other. but this doesn't work with everything. It would be nice to be able to go back when you realise you don't like what you have just done, particularly if it took an hour to do .... That is a lot of work I can tell you.

I am enjoying this event. Particularly as they also got to take part in my story. They all played their parts very nicely. I have been getting nearly HD#5,000 for coffee beans and the like. Very generous. And while they visit they can be a part of the story. A walk on role, so to speak. My farm has been looking very white as all my trees and plants are in the blossom stage while I frantically grow fruits etc. I have become such a little capitalist. I want to sell my building and expanding stuff to my friends and I dont want to charge max. price for them. But I prefer to sell at max. price to strangers. I do want a red tractor and if I have to buy one, I eventually will when I have 1 million and no more machines, if I havent won it before then.

That is my new sauce maker.

Town name - Spring Haven

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    ROFLMAO!! OMG, Jude! The things that happen at the R&F!

Quite frankly, I'm shocked that Aunt Hilda was the cause of such consternation and trouble, not to mention that she would be caught so flagrantly putting the moves on Fritz, especially since she hammered poor Fred and Hilda about fidelity in a relationship!

For your sake, I hope Fritz acted the gentleman and wasn't reciprocating her affections! I'd hate to see your feelings treated so callously, and Fritz's career certainly wouldn't do well if he wound up being embroiled in a scandal. The colonel doesn't take that sort of thing lightly. Perhaps Aunt Hilda should be taken aside for a quiet chat herself...maybe if it were made clear that crating her up and packing her off home is an option on the table, she will come to senses and return to being the dignified matriarch we've come to love and respect!

Oh, and revoke her driving privileges at the very least! Obviously, her thoughts of a May-December dalliance have clouded her good judgement and she's posing a hazard to any in her path!
    LadyJem, good to speak to you. It seems a while since we discussed the happenings down on the farm. But with your party coming up I am sure conversations will start to flow again. Aunt Hilda has been perfectly respectable, that is Fritz she is meeting, not my man Corp. Franz Redjacket. He is too straight up to misbehave and I have a feeling that Aunt Hilda has hidden depths. Fritz helped Franz with my fox issue a week back. That little blighter is stuck now between a rock and a smelter machine on the very far north eastern boundary of the farm. Serves him right for causing so much trouble. And i havent got the energy to rescue him.

I think Hilda's 'dignified matriarch' exterior may be covering a soft, romantic soul. I dont know what her nephew Fred is going to do, I have a feeling he is not going to approve. It is scandalous in some circles. I say let a girl do what a girl needs to do. What is a twenty year age gap. Look,at Colin Farrell and Liz Taylor....

Town name - Spring Haven

This is hilarious - I am shocked - your farm looks so relaxing and peaceful and all this is going on!
    Just checking in before I head to bed after busy but great day so i guess this is my bedtime story
    Great to see you posting again LadyJem.

Farm Level 177. Town 54. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

So fantastic, really! How great story. I am enjoying reading your stories from the farm. And, it is a very beautiful farm, too!
    Daily player
    Hay Day level: 124

Col. Wood N. Soldier<----------LOVE that!!! Quite witty! That made the story for me.
    Level 109. KIK me to add me as a friend. I'm always willing to help, if I'm able.
    KIK: SueLilly

Quote Originally Posted by SueDL View Post
    Col. Wood N. Soldier<----------LOVE that!!! Quite witty! That made the story for me.
    i agree although i cant take the credit. Col. Soldier is LadyJems man. She is a very funny lady.

Town name - Spring Haven