Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: A TH7/TH8/TH9 Premie Journey ...

Quote Originally Posted by sharonsym View Post
    Hello my friend, things you have to consider before you moved up....

1. As a TH8, Are you still raiding TH7 as your targets?
    If yes, then by moving to TH9, you will loose about half your loot from TH7 because of the loot penalty
    but If you haven't raid TH7 recently, the loot won't change... it will be actually better because you will be able to raid stronger guys with more camps space

2. What is your intention on moving to TH9?
    if for the fancy defense toys like xbows and xtra walls, then forget it... those things won't help you. It actually make you weaker because TH10 guys now able to raid you for big loot
    If for the AQ, camps, spells and Lv.6 troops, then it's ok.

3. And the last and the most important...
    Do you always have full elixir recently?
    Lv.6 troops is expensive, it's 4.5mil for barb, 7.5mil for archers and 6 mil for giants and balloon.
    So, If you still have trouble on elixir, then you have to stay until you're not looting elixir anymore because it's full everytime.

---
    Hi Sharonsym

Thanks for responding back my answers to your question are below.

1. A mixed bag at the moment mostly townhall lvl8 is what I target but every now and again I come across either townhall 7 bases or 9 or 10's if they have decent loot 250k Gold + I go for them.
    2. The main reason is lvl6 barbs and archers and Archer Queen.
    3. Jam packed sitting on 3mill right now again and have been for about two weeks, using BARCH I always have max elixir.

I don't normally have more than 300K sat in my gold storage when I logout dump it all into the walls, but Elixir is always 3Mill, dump my elixir into troop upgrades most of the time or spell upgrades but within a day or two it's full again then I end up having to wait another 3/4 days before I can dump it into upgrades again.

hello. really really nice walls dude..
    ive tried to use bam/barch with wb in gold 2 (1600++) and i cant found much base with high gold..
    im th lvl 9

Hey man. I really like how fast you farm your walls. As a TH8 ready to farm skull walls, are there any tips you can give me? Thanks

Clash of Clans: Yolo Swaggins
    Clash Royale: YS

Impressive Walls and Logic. There are definitely players that can go premie and find more success because of the reasons you outlined. For the average player (on and off, not a skilled farmer) probably better to come closer to maxing if they want a maxed base in the long run.
    I would say this stops at about Th9, because we can still farm Th8, 9, and 10. A rush to Th10 could spell disaster because you can't raid Th8 for much anymore, and there are a lot of dead th8s around.
    Co-Leader: SVSU Cardinals Th11 Lvl 134 Highest Trophies: 3469
    25 Lava GG: 900 mil+ AQ:35 BK:30 GW:5 Started 4/13 (in-game gems only)
    Boom Beach: HQ20, Lvl 55, TF "WB LAKERS" #2C9Y8UPG Started: 1/10/15 (in-game diamonds only)
    PSC 74 RR 50 GBE 42/17/17/17 TD 31/12/12 TH 29

Forum Elder
    Great thread. I like to see a different viewpoint. Since you are a very active farmer you can get away with just about anything, because obviously you will pull in more resources than you could ever lose.

According to:
    http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Cumulative_Costs

To max With 3 builders:
    TH5 need 26d 15h 6m
    TH6 need 23d 16h 4m
    TH7 is about 72d 2h 57m

So, totaled all it's more than 4 months until you have maxed TH7.

I'll be no way close to maxed TH7 because I'm just playing for 3 months.

Well, maxing is good but it's not efficient...

Another good source from Goodguy:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-rush-their-TH
    That is actually true it took me about 4 months to max th7, worth it though.
    |THANKS RKO FOR THE SIG! | Townhall 9 |Clashing since January 13th 2013 | Level 86 Though xD |

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by generious View Post
    Hi Sharonsym

Thanks for responding back my answers to your question are below.

1. A mixed bag at the moment mostly townhall lvl8 is what I target but every now and again I come across either townhall 7 bases or 9 or 10's if they have decent loot 250k Gold + I go for them.
    2. The main reason is lvl6 barbs and archers and Archer Queen.
    3. Jam packed sitting on 3mill right now again and have been for about two weeks, using BARCH I always have max elixir.

I don't normally have more than 300K sat in my gold storage when I logout dump it all into the walls, but Elixir is always 3Mill, dump my elixir into troop upgrades most of the time or spell upgrades but within a day or two it's full again then I end up having to wait another 3/4 days before I can dump it into upgrades again.
    for 2 & 3, you're ready to advance the next levels

but for 1, you should know that you will no more get 250K from TH7, they will give you at most 125K raids
    if you can live with it, then go ahead ...

good luck and keep reporting your progress my friend, I will be happy to help if you have any problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagioli View Post
    hello. really really nice walls dude..
    ive tried to use bam/barch with wb in gold 2 (1600++) and i cant found much base with high gold..
    im th lvl 9
    sometimes the loot is good and sometimes it's bad... so, just off and enjoy your life if you found the loot is bad and come back log on few hours later.
    yaw @ Ponti Black0ut
    110/275 Magma | BK:40 - AQ:40 - GW:10 | GG:1.9B

mini
    140/275 Magma | BK:26 - AQ:23 | TH9.5

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokes View Post
    Impressive Walls and Logic. There are definitely players that can go premie and find more success because of the reasons you outlined. For the average player (on and off, not a skilled farmer) probably better to come closer to maxing if they want a maxed base in the long run.
    I would say this stops at about Th9, because we can still farm Th8, 9, and 10. A rush to Th10 could spell disaster because you can't raid Th8 for much anymore, and there are a lot of dead th8s around.
    I agree...

but I'm just average player... I do play very often, but I'm on and off and not really a skilled player.
    I have few clanmates too that rush to TH8 with yellow walls, they are doing more than fine, they catch up and doing skull walls while maxing their defence now in no time.

TH9 is different story... a friend skip TH8 to get xbows and now he's struggling to progress because he just have lv.4 troops. His labs has been idle because he can't get enough elixir to get lv.5 troops. He will not have problem if he heard me to max army camps get lv.5 troops first before jumping to TH9

And yes, I believe TH10 is much more different as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete82 View Post
    Great thread. I like to see a different viewpoint. Since you are a very active farmer you can get away with just about anything, because obviously you will pull in more resources than you could ever lose.
    even when I just raid few times a day... I will still pull more resource than I lose
    It's because the most attack I got is just TH snipe that takes my 1K.

Quote Originally Posted by KiPz View Post
    That is actually true it took me about 4 months to max th7, worth it though.
    then enjoy another 143 days to max TH8...
    yaw @ Ponti Black0ut
    110/275 Magma | BK:40 - AQ:40 - GW:10 | GG:1.9B

mini
    140/275 Magma | BK:26 - AQ:23 | TH9.5

Wow i am a TH7 getting to max and was wondering if I should skip TH8 and go straight to TH9. I guess this is my answer

You inspired me lol

I agree...

but I'm just average player... I do play very often, but I'm on and off and not really a skilled player.
    I have few clanmates too that rush to TH8 with yellow walls, they are doing more than fine, they catch up and doing skull walls while maxing their defence now in no time.

TH9 is different story... a friend skip TH8 to get xbows and now he's struggling to progress because he just have lv.4 troops. His labs has been idle because he can't get enough elixir to get lv.5 troops. He will not have problem if he heard me to max army camps get lv.5 troops first before jumping to TH9

And yes, I believe TH10 is much more different as you said.

even when I just raid few times a day... I will still pull more resource than I lose
    It's because the most attack I got is just TH snipe that takes my 1K.

then enjoy another 143 days to max TH8...
    I do like that you don't actually say you're a skilled farmer. Cause (imo) farming is pretty dang easy, just have to invest the time for it. I still don't understand moving on w/o maxing defenses though, are walls your only goal?
    <Outdated> L89 TH9: toodles - 393MGG - 5??KHH - 238 Skulls 12 Legos</Outdated>