Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Post removed but looking for (alternative) answer?

Post removed but looking for (alternative) answer?

I posted a bug with my HayDay coins in the support forum earlier, but the post was removed. The post was not about cheating; I reported a very specific situation and asked a genuine question. The title was also in the past tense ("spent"), and not a suggestion on how to "spend" money twice or play unfairly.

It would be nice if I would be informed when a post is removed, and especially why it was removed. Wouldn't it be better to redact it and state why it was unwanted?

I have read the forum rules, so I wonder if and how my support question can be answered?
    The support button in HayDay itself is broken (and has proven useless in the past).

Kind regards,
    Koeienbakker

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    Quote Originally Posted by Koeienbakker View Post
    I posted a bug with my HayDay coins in the support forum earlier, but the post was removed. The post was not about cheating; I reported a very specific situation and asked a genuine question. The title was also in the past tense ("spent"), and not a suggestion on how to "spend" money twice or play unfairly.

It would be nice if I would be informed when a post is removed, and especially why it was removed. Wouldn't it be better to redact it and state why it was unwanted?

I have read the forum rules, so I wonder if and how my support question can be answered?
    The support button in HayDay itself is broken (and has proven useless in the past).

Kind regards,
    Koeienbakker
    Your post was removed because it detailed how you had used a glitch to gain items for which you had not paid. I fully understand that you encountered the glitch inadvertently, but by giving such details on a public forum you are encouraging other less-scrupulous players to exploit the glitch.

There is no Support presence on this forum; we are all players like yourself, so giving details here will not alert them to the issue.
    Come join the new unofficial Hay Day forum: https://justhayday.boards.net/

Hi Cowslips,

Thanks for your response and explanation. I will keep that in mind in future posts.
    I wrongly assumed that Supercell was reading the "Bugs & Problems" forum and acting on issues reported there.
    Sorry for the confusion, and here's to hoping I don't get a penalty for the spent coins.

Kind regards,
    Koeienbakker

[EDIT] for clarification: I didn't use a (known) glitch; the game didn't correctly subtract the coins, and inevitably they would have been spent on whatever decoration I bought in the future. So it was unavoidable.
    Last edited by Koeienbakker; June 25th, 2021 at 09:44 AM.