Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Can't save avatar image

Can't save avatar image

I've been using the same avatar image a couple of months.
    Logged in after a while, and noticed avatar isn't displayed.
    Went to settings, tried to upload it again. Now it keeps saying "Unable to save".

it's 8 KB and 80x80 pixels so well within the required limits; besides it has worked in the past.
    Can anyone tell me if the required dimensions or file size have changed?
    [EDIT] The chicken image is a default avatar, not the one I'm trying to upload again

Thanks for any insights,

Kind regards,
    Koeienbakker
    Last edited by Koeienbakker; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:57 AM.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2

Nothing has changed. Do you have other files saved? Attachments to posts?

There has always been a limit on how much you can save, not sure if the avatar image counts against that.

Hi Ajax,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have indeed some attachments, however those posts still showed the avatar when I made them.
    It would be strange if attachments "bumped" the avatar out of existence because of space issues.

Thanks for pointing out that nothing has changed; I will try some other things and/or delete attachments.

Kind regards,
    Koeienbakker

It's back for now, but I didn't change anything to the picture. I just tried re-uploading a bunch of times.
    I noticed the site often shows a "Forbidden" error message on a white screen, so I figured maybe that was happening on the upload page, and kept reloading it until I got to my Settings page.
    Didn't work too great, since the image link was still broken, but after a few refreshes it showed up (for now).

Kind regards,
    Koeienbakker