Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Giving you some tips to not lose your account!

Trainee

Giving you some tips to not lose your account!

1-Always keep Two Step Verification enabled so ppls cant hack you even if they know your gmail

2-Never ever buy gems from websites, some of them might offer cheaper prices to fool you and even if they did purchase gem for you they still have purchase's recipies and your gmail so you can easily lose your account maybe one day after that or in a week or month cause you CANT disconnect them from your supercell id once they logged in

3-Do not provide any personal information a in any where at all ( this might sound obvious but there are actually many ppls that provide their gmails and informations in social medias to get help from fake supports!)

4-From your gmail go to "manage google account" section and simply check everything and make sure everything goes fine

5-Change your gmail password atleast once a month and atleast 12 completely random characters

6-gather your important datas for both clash and gmail such as backup codes - date that you created your gmail - date that you started playing clash - password - location you created your account - devices that you used to play clash with - your player tag - your purchase recipies etc. and save them in a very VERY safe place, you can either type it and save it into your computer and put a password on it or using a flash or write it on paper and put it into a safe or something!

7-Do not use a vpn to play the game, you're risking to lock or ban your account by doing so

8-Never share your account to someone else even if its your brother or your close friend and just to be more safe you can also deny to pass your phone to them to do some attacks cause if by any chance they waste your gems or magic items or cancelling an upgrade then there is no way to revert that

9-Do not buy and sell accounts it against ToS in literally any game and if you did that and your account got banned then dont expect to get any help from support

10-By keeping your accounts safe you're avoiding to contact SC about account's issue cause trust me, you NEVER want to contact support about these issues, one very very little mistake and providing wrong information will mostly get your account locked or banned

♥if you guys know any other tips please provide it in comments and i hope no one lose their accounts

CLASH ON!

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Can you write more about two step verification? I don't remember seeing it anywhere.

Thanks to @Be A Legend for this amazing signature
    https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...56-Be-A-Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Can you write more about two step verification? I don't remember seeing it anywhere.
    That's for the mail ID you use like Gmail, not for the SCID

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hossein77 View Post
    1-Always keep Two Step Verification enabled so ppls cant hack you even if they know your gmail

2-Never ever buy gems from websites, some of them might offer cheaper prices to fool you and even if they did purchase gem for you they still have purchase's recipies and your gmail so you can easily lose your account maybe one day after that or in a week or month cause you CANT disconnect them from your supercell id once they logged in

3-Do not provide any personal information a in any where at all ( this might sound obvious but there are actually many ppls that provide their gmails and informations in social medias to get help from fake supports!)

4-From your gmail go to "manage google account" section and simply check everything and make sure everything goes fine

5-Change your gmail password atleast once a month and atleast 12 completely random characters

6-gather your important datas for both clash and gmail such as backup codes - date that you created your gmail - date that you started playing clash - password - location you created your account - devices that you used to play clash with - your player tag - your purchase recipies etc. and save them in a very VERY safe place, you can either type it and save it into your computer and put a password on it or using a flash or write it on paper and put it into a safe or something!

7-Do not use a vpn to play the game, you're risking to lock or ban your account by doing so

8-Never share your account to someone else even if its your brother or your close friend and just to be more safe you can also deny to pass your phone to them to do some attacks cause if by any chance they waste your gems or magic items or cancelling an upgrade then there is no way to revert that

9-Do not buy and sell accounts it against ToS in literally any game and if you did that and your account got banned then dont expect to get any help from support

10-By keeping your accounts safe you're avoiding to contact SC about account's issue cause trust me, you NEVER want to contact support about these issues, one very very little mistake and providing wrong information will mostly get your account locked or banned

♥if you guys know any other tips please provide it in comments and i hope no one lose their accounts

CLASH ON!
    I had previously retrieved my account twice from Support and the process was smooth.
    Just be honest with them and provide as much details as you know.
    Why would they go on a account banning spree anyways?

The points you have given apply everywhere. The internet when used carefully is golden else it will stab you. Regarding VPN's Darian said that most of them are recognised by their system. Don't give sketchy VPN services access to your stuff.

Considering everyone is a stranger online so isn't it a prerequisite to keep things anonymous?
    Would you tell you Card details to a random guy on the street?

Fancy Title
    Also beware of gold pass scammers, I have come across a few in game, and there might be more on other sites as well.
    Basically they offer to give you a free gold pass, and they ask for your email and the 5 digit code (well from this point anyone with common sense will see that it's a scam) but I think some people, especially the younger ones fall for this.
    So yeah, never give your email/password/supercell ID/ basically any credential related to the game to some guy offering you a gold pass or gems or whatever, unless you want your account stolen.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    That's for the mail ID you use like Gmail, not for the SCID
    Okay thanks for the info.

Thanks to @Be A Legend for this amazing signature
    https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...56-Be-A-Legend

Forum All-Star

Especially don't do this. If you do, you are probably supporting criminal money laundering and their theft from innocent people.

Forum All-Star

I am not a believer in #5. There is too much risk in forgetting the new password.

There is advice on the web on good password management. There is research that shows that passphrases, eg a long password that uses the first letter from each word in a long weird statement, is safer and easier to remember than random and special characters.

You might use a password manager, but otherwise, rapid changing of passwords means that you'll probably be keeping notes on the passwords that can be lost and found and represent a big decrease in security.

Rapid changing of passwords also encourages security-counterproductive predicable patterns in you password, such as a comment easy guessed root suffixed by an incrementing number

Pro Member
    Most important would be to disable notifications for incoming mail if you're using SCID, because the notification will display the password, and if someone knows your email address + sees your password in the notification, thay can log in to your account.

Also, generally speaking, use a different email address for actual app accounts (games, shopping), for the really important stuff (banks, taxes, social security) and for very public and unsafe stuff (social, forums, giveaways...). Especially make sure to use different addresses for a game and its related forums. I think that's what explains I've never been hacked in 10+ years of WoW and CoC: my presence in forums etc... can't be easily tied back to my game accounts.

Also, get 2FA everywhere you can, and share your passwords only with 1 very trusted person, in case of death, accident... with strict instructions and trust NOT to use them except in those circumstances.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Most important would be to disable notifications for incoming mail if you're using SCID, because the notification will display the password, and if someone knows your email address + sees your password in the notification, thay can log in to your account.
    This is only even slightly important if you are logging in where somebody you don't trust can see your screen.

Also, generally speaking, use a different email address for actual app accounts (games, shopping), for the really important stuff (banks, taxes, social security) and for very public and unsafe stuff (social, forums, giveaways...). Especially make sure to use different addresses for a game and its related forums. I think that's what explains I've never been hacked in 10+ years of WoW and CoC: my presence in forums etc... can't be easily tied back to my game accounts.
    More likely just because you are careful generally. I've also never been "hacked" in many years of playing, although I do use the same email address for most things.

Also, get 2FA everywhere you can, and
    This is probably the most important thing, TBH. I have had 2FA on my email (and several other apps) for a good many years now.

share your passwords only with 1 very trusted person, in case of death, accident... with strict instructions and trust NOT to use them except in those circumstances.
    I wouldn't share them at all, TBH, though if it is vital somebody else have access to your accounts in the event of your incapacity, then maybe you should.