Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Shameful glitch for supercell

Fresh Spawn

Shameful glitch for supercell

I have found a glitch from a group of people who are using this bug, that lets the leader account leave the clan and someone else gets automatically promoted to leader. Due to this owner loses his clan which is very sadful for a clan owner. Here is the link - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ywrwi...22-52.jpg/file

Due to this bug i lost my clan Name - Guayaquil Norte #PJP0YGJP level 10

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Quote Originally Posted by RandomWeeknd View Post
    I have found a glitch from a group of people who are using this bug, that lets the leader account leave the clan and someone else gets automatically promoted to leader. Due to this owner loses his clan which is very sadful for a clan owner. Here is the link - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ywrwi...22-52.jpg/file

Due to this bug i lost my clan Name - Guayaquil Norte #PJP0YGJP level 10
    I don't know what you think that link proves, it doesn't show anything really, other than that it is possible for a leader to leave the clan without first promoting somebody else.

But that is just meant to be a reminder that you should promote somebody else first, you can't blame that for you losing your clan. You lost it because you chose to leave, without first promoting somebody. The fact the game didn't actually stop you doing that doesn't stop it being your own choice that lead to you losing the clan.

Fancy Title
    I think this happened to me once,

So once me and my freind started a clan, brought it up to level 3, and we were very new to the game and we used to leave the clan often to get troops for war from req and leave clans. (Cuz the other members in the clan had low level troops)

So one day my freind had the leader title, and I was a co leader and she wanted to leave the clan (she didnt tell me) and coincidentally I was planning to leave to get troops at that moment too, so just when I pressed the leave button, and pressed 'yes' in the confirmation popup (I was a co leader), she promoted me to leader.

What happened was the game automatically promoted not me (cuz I had left right at that moment ) but the co leader who had stayed the longest in the clan (who was a very inactive TH5)

So this new leader never came online, so we had no way of talking to that person, and we ran the clan as usual for around a month after that, and one day when we see that this new leader has come online, kicked everyone out and left the clan.

So yeah, we were quite sad for some time, but didnt complain much cuz the clan was level 3, but still a couple of months progress was lost, we started a new clan with the same name, now its level 10, and we learnt an important lesson that day, not to change the leadership title from person to person ever, just keep it on the same account.

Millennial Club
    I see the image….
    So did all those movement all happen at the same time….
    Seems like some coordination of leader change and hopping was missing here.
    Last edited by vansimon; June 23rd, 2021 at 03:10 AM.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 80 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    I see the image….
    So did all those movement all happen at the same time….
    Seems like some coordination of leader change and hopping was missing here.
    Yes.

The "glitch" (though not at all obvious from the image) is that if the leader promotes somebody else who leaves at the same time they are being promoted, then leaves themselves, the system reverts to what it used to do before leaders were required to transfer leadership before leaving, and transfers it automatically to the longest serving co-leader.

AIUI, the only way this can happen is if you try to leave, when it pops up a message saying you must promote somebody else to leader, and lets you do it from there. If you do it by promoting somebody then separately leaving, the promotion should fail and revert to you if they leave while you are doing it, the glitch only happens because you are immediately leaving as part of the process.