Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: no more CW for small villages?

Trainee

no more CW for small villages?

Did the last update break the cw matching mechanisms? The last years a cw search for small villages took several hours max. But after the update the search failed for several days by now. I restarted the search with th 3 to th 6 several times, with 5 or 10 members. I now even started two clan wars in parallel (1*th 6, 1*th 5, 1* th4, 2*th 3) - so there would be an exact match. But still the search fails for hours to find any opponent. This makes me feel that the cw match mechanism has been altered again - and has been broken to work properly for small villages. It works properly for clans with stronger town halls, both with few and many members.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2

I doubt the algorithm has changec sig ificantly. Thete just aren't many clans searching with those town halls.

I found no difference when searching 25v25 with TH9-TH3 and 50v50 with TH14-TH10

Trainee
    I'd not consider TH14 as small, not even TH9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I doubt the algorithm has changec sig ificantly. Thete just aren't many clans searching with those town halls.
    Sorry mate.. But if he started searching with 2 identical line ups at the same time, then it shouldnt matter what size halls they are..
    It only takes one other clan running similar in order to get a match.

When I assisted Major with his self matching trials, the rosters matched in a minute..
    Not sure why braut's attempt failed..
    The MM works with numbers and patterns, so sizes shouldnt matter.. The numbers and pattern will always fit with 2 mirrored rosters.

isnt the first time something similar has happened recently tho.

To OP.. Have you tried one person starting the spin with roster A, and another starting the spin with roster B.. Just in case they have finally done something about self matchers..
    Is unlikely they have, but at a loss as to why they didnt find each other.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; June 20th, 2021 at 10:17 PM.

Trainee
    good point. One war was started from a supercell ID, the other from a Google Play account. But both from the same device and player.

Maybe they made a change to try to limit intentional matching like that. Maybe there are multiple pools/nodes that you get put into when you start your search and you need a similar clan to go into your pool/node before you will match. Your second clan you started searching at around the same time may not have been in that pool/node.

In the end, though, by the time you can figure out the answers to this issue, those accounts can easily be th6+.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.