Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Disconnect village is broken

Fresh Spawn

Exclamation Disconnect village is broken

I have 2 villages that I switch between on 2 devices. I used to tap Settings -> Disconnect (recycle icon next to "Connected") and the village would be disconnected. The next time I open Clash on that device I would HAVE to select a village.

Now when I open Clash, on a device I had disconnected, it opens the last village I had open, stealing it from the other device if I have it open on there. This is SUPER annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alodyne View Post
    I have 2 villages that I switch between on 2 devices. I used to tap Settings -> Disconnect (recycle icon next to "Connected") and the village would be disconnected. The next time I open Clash on that device I would HAVE to select a village.
    The icon next to "connected" is the fast switch button and that does not disconnect you immediately like it was before th14 update in april.
    Since then it opens a sidebar where you can chose one of your other scid villages.

Now when I open Clash, on a device I had disconnected, it opens the last village I had open, stealing it from the other device if I have it open on there. This is SUPER annoying.
    Do you mean that a supercell id village would load which you havent connected on that device?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    The icon next to "connected" is the fast switch button and that does not disconnect you immediately like it was before th14 update in april.
    Since then it opens a sidebar where you can chose one of your other scid villages.
    Yep. Personally, I prefer it, but I can understand that if somebody wanted to have it disconnected when startng the game, it could be annoying.

Do you mean that a supercell id village would load which you havent connected on that device?
    No, I am pretty certain he meant exactly what he said.

The thing is that previously, once you hit the recycle button, you were given a list of accounts, and if you had made a mistake, you had to press the account you had been in, and it would reload. The new way, you just press the "x" and you are back in that account.

It looks like quitting the game at that point effectively clicks the 'X' first.

Fresh Spawn
    As it is now, it's completely bugged. There is no way to actually disconnect, or log out. If you open Clash on device 2 where you happen to have been in the village you currently have open on device 1, then device 1 is immediately bumped off.

There are 2 desirable behaviors:

1. Disconnect from this village. It is expected that I have to reconnect, whether I close the game or not.
    2. Switch village. I have not left the current village until I select a different one, even if I close the game.
    Last edited by Alodyne; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:40 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Yep. Personally, I prefer it, but I can understand that if somebody wanted to have it disconnected when startng the game, it could be annoying.
    I'm curious to know what you like about this operation. It's pretty useless as far as I can tell. It used to work. Now it's broken. Very frustrating.

As it is now, it's completely bugged. There is no way to actually disconnect,
    Pretty easy to remove the scid from your device. Hit the fast switch button and hit the "x" beside the scid which you want to remove from your device.

or log out.
    Hit "connected" then settings then logout and confirm.

If you open Clash on device 2 where you happen to have been in the village you currently have open on device 1, then device 1 is immediately bumped off.
    There are 2 desirable behaviors:
    1. Disconnect from this village. It is expected that I have to reconnect, whether I close the game or not.
    That was and is always the case if you have yourvillage open on one device and load on another device.

2. Switch village. I have not left the current village until I select a different one, even if I close the game.
    That is the case since april update.

I'm curious to know what you like about this operation. It's pretty useless as far as I can tell. It used to work. Now it's broken. Very frustrating.
    I dont know where you have problems.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:12 PM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

I'm curious to know what you like about this operation.
    The fact that it is easy to just go back to the village you were in if you hit the button by mistake. No need to remember which one it was, and then have toi wait for it to load.

It's pretty useless as far as I can tell. It used to work. Now it's broken. Very frustrating.
    I suspect there are very few people who would actually want it to do what it used to do, and force you to choose a village if you had left it in between states.

I can understand why it is frustrating for you, but I am sure the new way is better for quite a large majority. I must admit, personally I never even knew you could quite the game while in a disconnected state and then when you come back be forced to choose a village before being able to log in. But if I had known, I certainly wouldn't have wanted to do it.