Thread: Heroes 'standard' skin category?

Heroes 'standard' skin category?

If you look at "Change Skin" tab on your heroes, you will see list of skins. Alot of them came from Gold Pass and thus most of them are categorized "gold".

I purchased BK's Champion Skin. And it shows "Legendary" with purple border around it. I loved it.

I also purchased RC Jungle Skin when TH14 update came out. However, It shows 'standard' and when you look at Fierce King's skin preview, its also shown as 'standard'. I just dont get it why they fall under that category? (Same goes to Warrior Queen / Warrior King? I didnt purchased those). Why dont they made them 'legendary'? Maybe they should put original heroes skin as standard but when i look at them they just dont have any category.
    Clan leader of CITATS #PG080UQ (Champ3)

Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-tracker-clan

Centennial Club
    I was wondering the same. I also donít see the special animation for the Fierce King skin. I donít know if I should buy it.

I've reported it as a bug because I think that's what it is. It doesn't make any sense. Standard should be the default, Gold the gold pass skins and Legendary the special skins that get offered on a special occasion in the shop.

Fierce King and Jungle Champion are the ones that are wrong by the way. Warrior Queen is Legendary.
    Last edited by Colin94; June 19th, 2021 at 12:19 AM.

Pro Member
    I think the legendary ones cost more and you can only buy them in a certain time framee once with only real money and they have extra animation added for example barbarian flame swords. The "standard" ones may be available again at a later time and cheaper to purchase with less animation i believe. Kind of like "uncommon" compared to "rare" and "mythical rare" in other games. They could change the name "standard" to something nicer though its true.
    Last edited by Wachichi; June 19th, 2021 at 01:59 AM.

The legendary skins were 10$ each. They are more detailed and some come with special effects like flaming sword and special barb helmets. I dont really see any reason to categorize them but standard To me just means not the expensive ones and not the gold pass ones although gold pass seems more standard to me and the others something else.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I personally think that it would be better if they were categorised Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary just like Clash Royale.

For the current system, it seems to me that default skins are the only eligible ones for being standard. However, the gold pass skins like RC as said above have been selected as standard ones. I suspect there may be some sort of method of calculating their net value, depending on their appearance, visual effects etc factors which has helped SC to select them under different category(just my imagination here). It would be interesting to know how they have been categorised under this new system.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drekdx View Post
    I personally think that it would be better if they were categorised Common, Rare, Epic and Legendary just like Clash Royale.

For the current system, it seems to me that default skins are the only eligible ones for being standard. However, the gold pass skins like RC as said above have been selected as standard ones. I suspect there may be some sort of method of calculating their net value, depending on their appearance, visual effects etc factors which has helped SC to select them under different category(just my imagination here). It would be interesting to know how they have been categorised under this new system.
    Seems obvious they categorised them as "gold" (gold pass skin) "standard" (lower price skin) "legendary" (higher price skin) I doubt too many people care that the skin they paid for has "standard" rather than "gold" as its type which kind or sounds cooler i guess. It's the skin they pay for not the type its called. Though I agree it might be better named "rare" or "premium" or whatever
    Last edited by Wachichi; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    Seems obvious they categorised them as "gold" (gold pass skin) "standard" (lower price skin) "legendary" (higher price skin) I doubt too many people care that the skin they paid for has "standard" rather than "gold" as its type which kind or sounds cooler i guess. It's the skin they pay for not the type its called.
    True. The topic regarding categories won't even come up unless someone's viewing their skins and are really egoistic about it. When I got skins for buying gold pass, I never thought they would be categorised someday. Even though they have labelled the skins with some qualitative words, I love my skins.

Supercell is just finally jumping on the common, uncommon, and rare scheme that trading cards and other games have been using for years. Collectors eat this up like crack.. Can't blame them, gotta make up for going from $9.99 to $3.99 for a paid hero skin somehow.

They could have done it the same way as they did to Clash Royale using "Common", "Rare", "Epic", "Legendary" category. Just feeling bad that the guy who made the fierce king skin gets 'Standard' lol