Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: new bug introduced in version 14.93.4 for iOS

Centennial Club

Exclamation new bug introduced in version 14.93.4 for iOS

UPDATE: This has been fixed as I just tested it. RESOLVED.

Developers of COC for version 14.93.4, there is a new bug introduced on iOS version: the screen to choose login with supercellID or guest without supercellID is gone.

This is a special case because THERE IS NO SIGNOUT OPTION AND THERE IS NO SUPERCELLID REGISTER/LOGIN OPTION FOR CHINESE PLAYERS ON IOS.

If I have a village transferred from Chinese servers (android) to IOS, I don't have supercell ID and I cannot register a supercell ID for this village. There is no sign out option in the game.

If I have multiple and mixed villages, say, one village transferred from Chinese servers android to iOS, and another village from Google Play to iOS, I can only register supercell ID for the latter. Then how do I switch villages on one device before 14.93.4 version? I change the ipad language to Chinese, and start COC. The game will stop at the screen for me to choose supercellID login or continue without supercellID. Here with these options I can switch villages.

Unfortunately, this has been changed in the latest version 14.93.4: the screen to choose login with supercellID or guest without supercellID is gone. When I set ipad language to Chinese or English or any other languages, the game will not stop at the screen and give me options to choose login with supercellID or not. This is the new bug it introduced in this latest version.

This means I cannot switch to my village account linked with supercell ID, if I am in the account of village transferred from Chinese servers. There is no signout option. There is no way to get supercell ID login even if I uninstall the game. I can only factory-reset my device, or I get another device to get into my village with supercell ID.

Any approach to help me solve this issue? Thanks.
    Last edited by rodneyzeng; June 19th, 2021 at 02:04 AM.

Supercell was never allowed in chinese region so this isnt a bug. You have to use wechat or any else option to save your progress in chinese region.

Centennial Club
    I suggest you understand the bug of removing the options to login supercellID and to continue without supercellID. This is not about link village with wechat for progress and get village back. This is about switching accounts between those with supercellID and those who do not have supercellID.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Supercell was never allowed in chinese region so this isnt a bug. You have to use wechat or any else option to save your progress in chinese region.
    Last edited by rodneyzeng; June 18th, 2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyzeng View Post
    I suggest you understand the bug of removing the options to login supercellID and to continue without supercellID. This is not about link village with wechat for progress and get village back. This is about switching accounts between those with supercellID and those who do not have supercellID.
    You are talking about switching between villages that are saved with supercell id and villages which are not allowed to have supercell id.

The question is: how have you managed to have one village from chinese region while the others are not?
    Last edited by wotanwaton; June 18th, 2021 at 03:53 PM.

Centennial Club
    This is very common and usual, right?

I can use my android device to download a Chinese customized COC android version for Chinese server and start my first village, then I get iOS device to start my second village. Then I want to migrate my first village from android device to iOS. I contact the customer service inside my first village and tell them i need migrate the village to iOS, usually they will ask you to create a level 1 village on iOS device and tell them the new village ID so they will migrate your existing village to iOS without supercellID functionality.

Now I have two villages, the second village with supercellID, and the migrated first village without supercellID (and cannot have supercellID). If you would like to try, i can give you very detailed steps on this process. This is what I did. Does this answer your question?

You are talking about switching between villages that are saved with supercell id and villages which are not allowed to have supercell id.

The question is: how have you managed to have one village from chinese region while the others are not?
    Last edited by rodneyzeng; June 18th, 2021 at 08:25 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Strangely, it isn't unknown for people to move from one country to another.

And the point is that before this update, he could switch, now he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneyzeng View Post
    I can use my android device to download a Chinese customized COC android version for Chinese server and start my first village, then I get iOS device to start my second village.
    You can not simply download clash for chinese region without being in chinese region and without a device for chinese region.
    What you face with changed interface is maybe a bug but could also be a change because sc dont want clasher to mix villages like you did.

Edit:
    Afaik it is not possible to migrate your village to scid even with support. There is another forumer complaining for years that one of his village has chinese restrictions.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; June 18th, 2021 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

But that is not what op has described

Centennial Club
    Right. This is because, before 14.93.4 version, when the iOS device system language is Chinese, starting COC game will show up the splashing screen to provide two options: sign in SuperCellID, or continue without SupercellID.

Now, whatever the system language is, these options are not shown up, and it enters village directly.

That change causes the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Centennial Club
    Please give a try before you make a statement. Try download and install a Chinese apk from android device and start a village. And the point is, you can travel around the world. To start a village when you are in one country like China is not impossible.

You can not simply download clash for chinese region without being in chinese region and without a device for chinese region.
    What you face with changed interface is maybe a bug but could also be a change because sc dont want clasher to mix villages like you did.

Edit:
    Afaik it is not possible to migrate your village to scid even with support. There is another forumer complaining for years that one of his village has chinese restrictions.
    Last edited by rodneyzeng; June 18th, 2021 at 08:47 PM.