Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Xbow

Centennial Club

Xbow

xbow is a main defense troop as are the inferno and scatter. Only the xbow is more of a disadvantage for the ground troops and even more for the qc players if they are all on the ground. later with a level up an xbow offers even more unfair situation. while such an important defense should provide fair damage. my question is therefore whether it does not offer more balance if the xbow also gets the function to also be able to put on air only? the following options would then be possible:
    1- ground only
    2- air only
    3- both, ground and air

Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    xbow is a main defense troop as are the inferno and scatter. Only the xbow is more of a disadvantage for the ground troops and even more for the qc players if they are all on the ground. later with a level up an xbow offers even more unfair situation. while such an important defense should provide fair damage. my question is therefore whether it does not offer more balance if the xbow also gets the function to also be able to put on air only? the following options would then be possible:
    1- ground only
    2- air only
    3- both, ground and air
    I m in favor of this feature !!!!!!!!!!

Millennial Club
    So, what would "air only" do?

An x-bow set to "ground only" has greater range than "both ground and air".

Are you suggesting that "air only" have the same range as "ground only"?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    So, what would "air only" do?

An x-bow set to "ground only" has greater range than "both ground and air".

Are you suggesting that "air only" have the same range as "ground only"?
    that is 1 indeed, more range on air. but even when it's on only ground the xbows don't do anything on air. so air in the current situation has the advantage of not even getting hit by a major defense when all 4 xbows are on ground. a risk factor only on ground and qc with current function. so the 2nd is that when they are on air then the ground troops are not hit for greater range on air. with this you make a fair risk factor with the xbow. with this, the personal player has his own decision about what and to what extent he wants to defend his base and what his preference is.
    another possibility could be that the xbow should be on both air and ground by default without you being able to change it. It is also not clear how the xbows stand. I have half a minute to plan my attack in legend. should i make a plan or figure out how the xbows stand for my qc? xbows need an improvement.

I don't think this is necessary from a balance perspective. And given what type of defense an x-bow is, I don't think there would be much of an advantage to an "air only" setting, other than perhaps faster re-targeting than in "both ground and air" mode.

so air in the current situation has the advantage of not even getting hit by a major defense when all 4 xbows are on ground.
    Air troops get hit by air defenses, which do a lot more damage than x-bows and damage only air troops.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by WandyRatson View Post
    I don't think this is necessary from a balance perspective. And given what type of defense an x-bow is, I don't think there would be much of an advantage to an "air only" setting, other than perhaps faster re-targeting than in "both ground and air" mode.

Air troops get hit by air defenses, which do a lot more damage than x-bows and damage only air troops.
    with that it is still a fact that 4 xbows standing only on the ground do no damage at all to air troops and for a qc it is a quick end of story. in addition, you try to compensate for it because there are air defenses that are already sufficient for the air troops:
    Well, I can name enough defenses that don't bother you even more: cannon, bomb tower, mortar. from this defense mentioned above I can understand,
    but i see xbow in inferno and scatter category there every army must be hit no. something that is a misery for qc cannot be that it can do nothing against air. you already demolish the 4 air defense with heroes, so that's not too bad. i went down 5 times today: 4 times through edragon and 1 time through dragon.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7

with that it is still a fact that 4 xbows standing only on the ground do no damage at all to air troops and for a qc it is a quick end of story. in addition, you try to compensate for it because there are air defenses that are already sufficient for the air troops:
    Well, I can name enough defenses that don't bother you even more: cannon, bomb tower, mortar. from this defense mentioned above I can understand,
    but i see xbow in inferno and scatter category there every army must be hit no. something that is a misery for qc cannot be that it can do nothing against air. you already demolish the 4 air defense with heroes, so that's not too bad. i went down 5 times today: 4 times through edragon and 1 time through dragon.
    I agree that xbow is in the same category of defences as inferno and scatter.

But that doesn't mean it should always hit all troops. You have the choice at the moment, and the choice comes with compromise. If you want long range, you set it to ground. If you want to hit both, you have to accept a shorter range.

I can see the sense in having a third mode of "air only", but I don't think the range should then be as high as it is for ground only - because most air troops tend to be slower moving than most ground troops, so will be affected longer by the fire. Maybe the range for air only should be somewhere between the ground only and the mixed range.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I agree that xbow is in the same category of defences as inferno and scatter.

But that doesn't mean it should always hit all troops. You have the choice at the moment, and the choice comes with compromise. If you want long range, you set it to ground. If you want to hit both, you have to accept a shorter range.

I can see the sense in having a third mode of "air only", but I don't think the range should then be as high as it is for ground only - because most air troops tend to be slower moving than most ground troops, so will be affected longer by the fire. Maybe the range for air only should be somewhere between the ground only and the mixed range.
    I agree. I did not take the speed difference into account, but your story makes sense.