Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No new ground troop levels?

No new ground troop levels?

So with the addition of the Archer Tower, Wizard Tower, Air Defence and new giant bomb level, soon we’ll have full on max th14 bases…minus the mortar and and walls I guess, and the only new troops we get are air troops? Not even new levels for existing ground troops? (I’m not counting the Valkyrie because unfortunately, she’s one of, if not thee worst, troop in the game).

Whats up with that?

Are we going to have to wait another 3-4 months for those? I don’t know about you guys, but legend league is kicking my behind right now and I had just assumed we’d be getting th14 level ground troops for attacking th14 bases. Something to help counter that blankety blank poison spell!

Same thing with spells. No th14 spells? No new rage, or heal? No stronger lightning, no larger EQ, or more bats….nothing?!

I understand why SuperCell doles out the updates a little bit at a time, but damn I miss the days of getting a full update all at once!
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv19, 883 fair play wins and counting...

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    ... Not even new levels for existing ground troops? (I’m not counting the Valkyrie because unfortunately, she’s one of, if not thee worst, troop in the game).
    WB, Archers, Barbs, and IG are not ground troops??? They too, with Valk, got new levels previously. The Healer may be an air troop, but it supports ground, hence was also a "ground meta" update.
    Last edited by rowman; June 15th, 2021 at 11:37 AM.

Barbarians and archers... right...

Qualifiers attacks, like 2 out of 3 attacks where air. Only pekka + supper wizzards and supet witches were ground. Thats because there are so manny trapsin the game everything is useless unless its imune to it or has enough HP to be pulled up by healers. And this last update brings better traps. Thats... a bit rough.

Besides that, it was an air festival. Queen charge Lava Loon, SUI Lava Loon, dragons.

Hybrid is bottom army. Yeti, bowlers, witches is low also. Just pekka or air.

And update brought us... air. Where is the logic in that ?

Now im glad we got archer and barbarian levels. Sorry, had to say that no hard feelings.

Maybe game becomes harder for people to keep investing money trying to become better.
    Last edited by dpgza; June 15th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Barbarians and archers... right...

Qualifiers attacks, like 2 out of 3 attacks where air. Only pekka + supper wizzards and supet witches were ground. Thats because there are so manny trapsin the game everything is useless unless its imune to it or has enough HP to be pulled up by healers. And this last update brings better traps. Thats... a bit rough.

Besides that, it was an air festival. Queen charge Lava Loon, SUI Lava Loon, dragons.

Hybrid is bottom army. Yeti, bowlers, witches is low also. Just pekka or air.

And update brought us... air. Where is the logic in that ?

Now im glad we got archer and barbarian levels. Sorry, had to say that no hard feelings.

Maybe game becomes harder for people to keep investing money trying to become better.
    I don't know if SC looked at troop use, but if they did, they probably looked at it overall, not in the qualifier attacks. I doubt they even did that, though, or at least didn't rely on it significantly. I instead suspect they had the th14 drop and the June update pretty much mapped out a long time ago. The June update brought more air offense and more air defense. I think that is the logic and it wasn't a lot more complicated than that. They now have time to monitor the balance to see what, if anything, needs adjustment.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    WB, Archers, Barbs, and IG are not ground troops??? They too, with Valk, got new levels previously. The Healer may be an air troop, but it supports ground, hence was also a "ground meta" update.
    With responses like this, maybe it’s not such a bad idea that the forums are closing after all.

Do you honestly think I don’t remember getting new levels on the Archers, Barbarians, Ice Golems and Wall Breakers rowman? Did it even cross your mind that I didn’t mention those four troops on purpose?

Go build yourself 100 barbs, 100 archers, 6 ice golems, 5 wall breakers, or any combination of those troops, and let me know how far you get in Legends.

Dude, obviously I’m talking about troops like giants, wizards, pekkas, bowlers, yetis, hogs, miners, witches and golems….you know, the META ​ground troops. Where are their new levels?

Lol,ground attackers are all raged up after today's update.

I was disappointed with the TH14 update and now even more so with this update.

Why is every troop upgrade an air troop - how does that help balance the game. Air was already stronger than ground and now ground has received a strong further Nerf.

In a previous thread I said about how the game was being made harder for the casual player - this update exacerbates this to a large extent. A response to that thread was Supercell seem to be only favouring "Pro approved strategies" - namely anything with Lalo....... the most challenging strategy in the game and probably the strongest at TH14 already.

I think it would have been better to have given an updated level to one of the engine troops of ground attacks - Witches or Yetis maybe and maybe held off on the balloons?

We shall obviously see how the new troop - the Dragon Rider - impacts the game - but given update times that maybe some time away
    Last edited by PhoenixRuss; June 15th, 2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Going to miss the forums

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Lol,ground attackers are all raged up after today's update.
    I mean, yeah, kinda. Edrag spam, inferno drags, laloon, and standard dragons were already the some of, if not thee strongest attacks in the game, and they all (except inferno baby drags) got new levels. Heck, they even introduced a new air super troop!

I’m just curious what the rational behind this decision was, and when are we going to get new levels for bowlers, yetis, miners, hogs, etc…

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRuss View Post
    I was disappointed with the TH14 update and now even more so with this update.

Why is every troop upgrade an air troop - how does that help balance the game. Air was already stronger than ground and now ground has received a strong further Nerf.

In a previous thread I said about how the game was being made harder for the casual player - this update exacerbates this to a large extent. A response to that thread was Supercell seem to be only favouring "Pro approved strategies" - namely anything with Lalo....... the most challenging strategy in the game and probably the strongest at TH14 already.

I think it would have been better to have given an updated level to one of the engine troops of ground attacks - Witches or Yetis maybe and maybe held off on the balloons?

We shall obviously see how the new troop - the Dragon Rider - impacts the game - but given update times that maybe some time away
    I completely understand where you’re coming from Russ, I was pretty disappointed with the th14 update as well.

I saw in another thread where someone commented that these new air troops will indirectly help ground attackers because people will be more likely to set their xbows to ground/air and set their skeleton traps to air, but to that I say, so what?

Ground/air xbows will still hit ground troops, and since a vast majority of ground strategies involve healers, air skeletons will affect our attacks too.

I don’t know, it just seems completely backwards. Air strategies were already VERY strong, and it’s ground strategies that need some attention. And then to add insult to injury, they give us another giant bomb level! C’mon SuperCell!? Lol

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    I understand why SuperCell doles out the updates a little bit at a time, but damn I miss the days of getting a full update all at once!
    So you understand the reason why, or no? In which TH level update that we are getting all new contents at once?

You are discounting the facts that we have New Heroes level and Pets. Yes it can be used for Air Attacks as well, but honestly the air troops are usually much weaker as compare to ground. And as per you stated, we will have more updates for TH14 in the future, new ground troops level, new xbow level, new mortar level, and perhaps new level for both Cannon /Archer Tower, we still don't know yet.

Also I do agree that Barbs and Archers is not buffing the ground attacks at TH14, but Ice Golem, Wallbreakers and Valkyries do have its place in the game, and new level is a new level, regardless how you dislike it.