Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: air update

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19,338
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I think if you are looking at your offensive totals like that, rather than your ending trophy range, you are looking at the right thing since you aren't then impacted much by the fact that many players are not focusing on trophies in legends right now. It could be you are just getting better at it. It could also be your "go-to" attack plan is to queen charge into the hall and/or blimp the hall in some way that keeps your hybrid from going near the hall. In doing hybrid at th13, I would sometimes do that, and other times run my hybrid right through the hall with warden ability, depending on base design. With th14, that later option is sort of out because the warden ability isn't enough to survive the th14 destruction.
    Agreed. I have found that those times when I try to storm the TH with the main army, I don't do very well. But my preference has always been to hit it with the AQ if possible, blimp if not.

    When I#ve tried main army to TH, I've usually ended up think "should have blimped that one".

  2. #42
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    121
    What most here, in my opinion, seems to be missing is that air was really strong because they changed the bases to defend against ground. With this update more bases will defend against air and ground will gain a boost because of that. Before the update dragons were good because a lot of bases would have 4 ground xbows and 3 infernos in multi. With the new troop and air troop levels, people will restart using infernos in single and the xbows will target air/ground.
    The way the xbows and infernos are set in a base change completely what kind of attack you can do in a base. I think that this update will reduce the number of bases with centered TH as well, improving the chances of a queen walk to take the TH.
    I attacked both air and ground before the update and will continue to attack air and ground now.
    I for example think that inferno dragons attacks will die with this update and I am not going to write a thread just to cry about it. I will learn a new strategy and move forward.

  3. #43
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Cepacas View Post
    What most here, in my opinion, seems to be missing is that air was really strong because they changed the bases to defend against ground. With this update more bases will defend against air and ground will gain a boost because of that. Before the update dragons were good because a lot of bases would have 4 ground xbows and 3 infernos in multi. With the new troop and air troop levels, people will restart using infernos in single and the xbows will target air/ground.
    The way the xbows and infernos are set in a base change completely what kind of attack you can do in a base. I think that this update will reduce the number of bases with centered TH as well, improving the chances of a queen walk to take the TH.
    I attacked both air and ground before the update and will continue to attack air and ground now.
    I for example think that inferno dragons attacks will die with this update and I am not going to write a thread just to cry about it. I will learn a new strategy and move forward.

    first of all this is not crying. I'm against expecting all players to deal with and learn a new army and strategy. while many players just enjoy his one favorite army and want to keep it anyway. the intention is wrong if one wants to expect this, because many players go and do not want to learn another stratgy and for many players this is not done. that you are super good and like to change strategy that's fine for you🙂
    as long as the troops are regenerated there is no problem. that's it, no more no less. I don't expect any extra or special service. if we all get equal strength and fair chances there will be no problem. a normal expectation for everyone👍🏻

  4. #44
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    I also want to point out that I made a mistake somewhere. It's a different topic than what we're discussing now, but I just want to point this out. when the pets came out I did not find 1 pet worthy of the qc and thus indicated that this has not been taken into account. while playing I found out that this was not the case. the unicorn is a real added value in the qc. The qc is indeed amplified compared to th13. I'm afraid that when the xbows get extra level and these 4 are all on the ground again, it won't be doable again if all defense is th14 worthy. I hope that in the future the xbows will either be standard on ground and air or also get the option with only air option. In addition, during a legend attack it is unclear what the position of the xbows is, because you cannot click on them and look. to figure it out also takes a lot of time while you have to make a plan in half a minute.

  5. #45
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    In addition, during a legend attack it is unclear what the position of the xbows is, because you cannot click on them and look. to figure it out also takes a lot of time while you have to make a plan in half a minute.
    From your comment I understand that you know they have different animation to indicate if they are air/ground or ground only. I would recommend you to study a lot of bases in war preparation or during friendly challenge to get to know fast in which mode they are. With time you will get this information in a quick way and it will not take most of your preparation time before a legends hit.

  6. #46
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    first of all this is not crying. I'm against expecting all players to deal with and learn a new army and strategy. while many players just enjoy his one favorite army and want to keep it anyway. the intention is wrong if one wants to expect this, because many players go and do not want to learn another stratgy and for many players this is not done. that you are super good and like to change strategy that's fine for you
    as long as the troops are regenerated there is no problem. that's it, no more no less. I don't expect any extra or special service. if we all get equal strength and fair chances there will be no problem. a normal expectation for everyone
    Sorry if you interpreted that I was saying you were crying here in the forum. It was not my intention.

    I do think it is a little bit early for us to point were the meta is going. Even if we get 90-95% air attacks (unlikely) in the pre-qualifiers it does not mean that the meta will be this way until the next update. Most bases are not fully maxed from the last update and it will take some time before a lot of people are maxed after the June update, so the understanding of meta will change a lot in the next weeks.

  7. #47
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    3,130
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    first of all this is not crying. I'm against expecting all players to deal with and learn a new army and strategy. while many players just enjoy his one favorite army and want to keep it anyway. the intention is wrong if one wants to expect this, because many players go and do not want to learn another stratgy and for many players this is not done. that you are super good and like to change strategy that's fine for you
    as long as the troops are regenerated there is no problem. that's it, no more no less. I don't expect any extra or special service. if we all get equal strength and fair chances there will be no problem. a normal expectation for everyone
    IMO, you are asking for exactly the same thing as “I like TH 13, why should I be forced to upgrade and why doesn’t SC change things so that I can successfully attack a TH14 and defend against them too?”.

    I can appreciate that you have a particular army combo that you really enjoy, so do I and I bet many others do too. That being said, the game changes and you can either choose to embrace that change or you can continue to do exactly as you do today but it is unrealistic to expect the same success.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesn’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  8. #48
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    IMO, you are asking for exactly the same thing as “I like TH 13, why should I be forced to upgrade and why doesn’t SC change things so that I can successfully attack a TH14 and defend against them too?”.

    I can appreciate that you have a particular army combo that you really enjoy, so do I and I bet many others do too. That being said, the game changes and you can either choose to embrace that change or you can continue to do exactly as you do today but it is unrealistic to expect the same success.
    I don't think it's a fair comparison. qc has been in the game from the first moment and hybrid just about from th12 and is used by many enthusiasts and would like to keep it. I'm using 2 things here that you can't just wipe off the game and keep up to date like other few beloved armies. miner hog is really ready to get stronger and qc player is not going to use other army without qc. you should keep a close eye on it. hybrid is now so weak that part of the army is unable to destroy a th14. either you need your whole army or you have to cross half a base with qc to get to th. I ask 2 things in this thread:
    1- Because the ground armies consist of several troops and also have the most troops, then you must bring ground troops in every update, even if this is an air update.
    2- I indicate that hog miner is ready to level up after more than 1.5 years.
    what was added later is in defense of the qc that it is actually necessary to put the xbow only function on ground and air or a 3rd option with only on air function. then also no 4 xbows stare at ground with scatters and th to bully your qc. sweepers is not only for air but also a burden for your qc (healers).

  9. #49
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    I don't think it's a fair comparison. qc has been in the game from the first moment and hybrid just about from th12 and is used by many enthusiasts and would like to keep it. I'm using 2 things here that you can't just wipe off the game and keep up to date like other few beloved armies. miner hog is really ready to get stronger and qc player is not going to use other army without qc. you should keep a close eye on it. hybrid is now so weak that part of the army is unable to destroy a th14. either you need your whole army or you have to cross half a base with qc to get to th. I ask 2 things in this thread:
    1- Because the ground armies consist of several troops and also have the most troops, then you must bring ground troops in every update, even if this is an air update.
    2- I indicate that hog miner is ready to level up after more than 1.5 years.
    what was added later is in defense of the qc that it is actually necessary to put the xbow only function on ground and air or a 3rd option with only on air function. then also no 4 xbows stare at ground with scatters and th to bully your qc. sweepers is not only for air but also a burden for your qc (healers).
    Your idea of air only xbows may seem appealing to you now. but I am not sure you are thinking it through.
    For hybrid your only air troop is healers.
    It would kill all your QC healers very fast.
    You want that?
    The range would have to be increased to the same as ground xbows.
    The air xbow would kill your healers before your queen even got close.
    Bye bye QC forever if they did that.
    Healer would be completly useless! I dont think you want that...
    Last edited by Wachichi; June 18th, 2021 at 06:36 AM.

  10. #50
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    Your idea of air only xbows may seem appealing to you now. but I am not sure you are thinking it through.
    For hybrid your only air troop is healers.
    It would kill all your QC healers very fast.
    You want that?
    The range would have to be increased to the same as ground xbows.
    The air xbow would kill your healers before your queen even got close.
    Bye bye QC forever if they did that.
    Healer would be completly useless! I dont think you want that...

    That's not the intent, but what you say is true. Your healers are then directly the target. Then in the current situation the standard xbow on ground and air seems to be the best option, without an option to only ground or air. if the chance of an extra air-only feature has a higher chance, then the healer shouldn't be a target. In my view, it remains a point to provide those xbows with functions. Especially since bases are also built more compactly in legend, the range with ground xbows is a target for the qc too quickly. Soon when many have max defense including the xbows then it is impossible to do a reasonable qc.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •