Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: air update

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126

    air update

    I have a question about this update. is there a special reason for this air update? I'm trying to explain this to myself but I really can't figure it out. I asked myself the following 2 questions: 1- is air weak at the moment? 2-It is necessary because air defense level is getting up. On demand it is clear that air attack has been very strong in the last 6-9 months and more and more players are doing air attacks, also thanks to the blizzard and (pets) for sui. So they certainly weren't weak. on my 2nd I was able to give an answer on the one hand but on the other hand I don't understand if I do the following equation: When the bomb tower got level up, miners and hogs didn't get level up either. is it the intention that an unfair battle will start in legend or is the intention that ground attackers have to switch to air attack? for the last one, no thanks, but with this relationship you don't really feel like it either. What do you guys think and would like to go into it objectively.

  2. #2
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    138
    I think the reason air attacks are popular - especially edrags, is because the path to max edrags was straightforward (Lv1->Lv4). A few book upgrades and you were done. Plus elixir heavy army means you can farm for dark.

    Now we have edrags at max lv5, its more time to get to them, especially if you were lagging in TH10/11 land.

    Whilst this update is more air-heavy, the incrementals on cannons/towers etc, have left air being behind-the-curve. Maybe they have overdone it in this release, but, with more planned updates (presumably), a more balanced affair will happen.

    I do think its a problem with lv20 Cannons & Towers - thats near impossible for a newcomer to get to the higher ranks in any meaningful sense of time (eg <1-2y). They will need to eventually cheapen the offering, and do away with +15d or greater updates.

    SC are stuck in a hole - of having to do updates, but making it easier for newcomers. I dont know what their expectation is - a newcomer getting to TH14 within 2y? 3y? 4y?

    For those at TH13/TH14 (and some of mine are rushed), its a big hill to climb. But I have to find other aspects of enjoyment. (Not looking forward to upgrading air defenses (x4) at that cost and time, given the other things needing updating).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    I have a question about this update. is there a special reason for this air update? I'm trying to explain this to myself but I really can't figure it out. I asked myself the following 2 questions: 1- is air weak at the moment? 2-It is necessary because air defense level is getting up. On demand it is clear that air attack has been very strong in the last 6-9 months and more and more players are doing air attacks, also thanks to the blizzard and (pets) for sui. So they certainly weren't weak. on my 2nd I was able to give an answer on the one hand but on the other hand I don't understand if I do the following equation: When the bomb tower got level up, miners and hogs didn't get level up either. is it the intention that an unfair battle will start in legend or is the intention that ground attackers have to switch to air attack? for the last one, no thanks, but with this relationship you don't really feel like it either. What do you guys think and would like to go into it objectively.
    Blizzard isnt just used for air attacks..lol. But you will be able to thank this update for less grounded Xbows, more skelley traps set to air, and more rounded defense cc troops that actually have to try and defend against air. I'm seeing a lot of win for ground attacks, even without a boost to troops. Though we have yet to see how some of these new air troops might be used, maybe even for a ground attack..

  4. #4
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORIGINALBEZ View Post
    Blizzard isnt just used for air attacks..lol. But you will be able to thank this update for less grounded Xbows, more skelley traps set to air, and more rounded defense cc troops that actually have to try and defend against air. I'm seeing a lot of win for ground attacks, even without a boost to troops. Though we have yet to see how some of these new air troops might be used, maybe even for a ground attack..
    I indicate that attack, air attack have strengthened. I never said they are only used for air. although blizzard should be used more at air i believe. then you indicate that it is because of xbows and I don't understand what you mean by that, because xbows are a more risk factor for soil because you can only set them up. furthermore, the skelley is the choice of the player who can place it on air and ground and decide for himself. striking that after an air update, original that it offers more opportunities for ground, lol.

  5. #5
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORIGINALBEZ View Post
    Blizzard isnt just used for air attacks..lol. But you will be able to thank this update for less grounded Xbows, more skelley traps set to air, and more rounded defense cc troops that actually have to try and defend against air. I'm seeing a lot of win for ground attacks, even without a boost to troops. Though we have yet to see how some of these new air troops might be used, maybe even for a ground attack..
    I indicate that attack, air attack have strengthened. I never said they are only used for air. although blizzard should be used more at air i believe. then you indicate that it is because of xbows and I don't understand what you mean by that, because xbows are a more risk factor for soil because you can only set them up. furthermore, the skelley is the choice of the player who can place it on air and ground and decide for himself. striking that after an air update, original that it offers more opportunities for ground, lol.

  6. #6
    2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    21,364
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    I indicate that attack, air attack have strengthened. I never said they are only used for air. although blizzard should be used more at air i believe. then you indicate that it is because of xbows and I don't understand what you mean by that, because xbows are a more risk factor for soil because you can only set them up. furthermore, the skelley is the choice of the player who can place it on air and ground and decide for himself. striking that after an air update, original that it offers more opportunities for ground, lol.
    What he means is that when air offense is made stronger and more people start using it, it causes defenders to defend more against it. More people set their bows to air and their skelly traps to air. This then makes ground attacking stronger. (I do think ground offense is going to need an increase in the next update, and I suspect that will happen this fall.)

    As to your original question, with new levels to archer towers, wizard towers and air defenses....yes, I think air offense needed the increase.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  7. #7
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What he means is that when air offense is made stronger and more people start using it, it causes defenders to defend more against it. More people set their bows to air and their skelly traps to air. This then makes ground attacking stronger. (I do think ground offense is going to need an increase in the next update, and I suspect that will happen this fall.)

    As to your original question, with new levels to archer towers, wizard towers and air defenses....yes, I think air offense needed the increase.

    but the defenses you say, shoot also ground troops. only not the air, but before the level up of the air the bomb tower has already been leveled. the only explanation is indeed that sc doesn't update everything at once and as you expect it will benefit again in the next update. ground attackers depend on multiple types of troops that your army forms and it takes longer to level everything up. but a lalo or dragon attacker is immediately a step forward with a single raise, because they usually use 1 type of troop. that's why I think that ee should be brought along with every update anyway. an dragon player now has 100% improved army instantly. but if I as a hybrid player, but only miner is improved then I have comparatively less reinforced army because in my army there are also a hogs, so in this case both miners and hogs should go up, while there are proportionally several ground armies . hence it is a lost moment with this update that no ground troop has been reinforced.

  8. #8
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    but the defenses you say, shoot also ground troops. only not the air, but before the level up of the air the bomb tower has already been leveled. the only explanation is indeed that sc doesn't update everything at once and as you expect it will benefit again in the next update. ground attackers depend on multiple types of troops that your army forms and it takes longer to level everything up. but a lalo or dragon attacker is immediately a step forward with a single raise, because they usually use 1 type of troop. that's why I think that ee should be brought along with every update anyway. an dragon player now has 100% improved army instantly. but if I as a hybrid player, but only miner is improved then I have comparatively less reinforced army because in my army there are also a hogs, so in this case both miners and hogs should go up, while there are proportionally several ground armies . hence it is a lost moment with this update that no ground troop has been reinforced.
    Based on this you should be very content with how they've been doing things. Remember back to the release of th 14. They gave hybrid players a lot of support upgrades. Healers, barbs, archers, baby dragon. They even nerfed super minions for you. Yes, hybrid players will need troop levels for the main army too but the first th 14 content was heavily ground support and now air got their treatment and its not fair?

  9. #9
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    Based on this you should be very content with how they've been doing things. Remember back to the release of th 14. They gave hybrid players a lot of support upgrades. Healers, barbs, archers, baby dragon. They even nerfed super minions for you. Yes, hybrid players will need troop levels for the main army too but the first th 14 content was heavily ground support and now air got their treatment and its not fair?
    if you ask me is it fair? then I say no. You're not going to comfort the ground attackers by saying that baby dragon, archers and barbs were leveled up? these bee troops are also used by air attackers and in fact the inferni dragon is a main air troop, which in turn comes from baby dragon. a hybrid uses 1 baby and 2 archers, lol. let's talk about the main troops please. suppose you are an edragon, dragon or lalo player. you have already 100% strengthened your entire army with a level up. my healer was reinforced 3 months ago, my miner in 3 months and my hogs in 6 months? that's a total of 9 months waiting for my army level up while you dragon player have been enjoying a max army level up for 6 months already. you can use dragon army after 3 months and i have to wait 9 months, then there will be th 15 again in 6 months and we can start again waiting. now i ask you, do you think this is fair? it's just lost update and time for the ground attackers.

  10. #10
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    if you ask me is it fair? then I say no. You're not going to comfort the ground attackers by saying that baby dragon, archers and barbs were leveled up? these bee troops are also used by air attackers and in fact the inferni dragon is a main air troop, which in turn comes from baby dragon. a hybrid uses 1 baby and 2 archers, lol. let's talk about the main troops please. suppose you are an edragon, dragon or lalo player. you have already 100% strengthened your entire army with a level up. my healer was reinforced 3 months ago, my miner in 3 months and my hogs in 6 months? that's a total of 9 months waiting for my army level up while you dragon player have been enjoying a max army level up for 6 months already. you can use dragon army after 3 months and i have to wait 9 months, then there will be th 15 again in 6 months and we can start again waiting. now i ask you, do you think this is fair? it's just lost update and time for the ground attackers.
    Wait hybrid players don't use their heroes? This is news to me. Must of missed quite a big change in attacking style.guess you proved me wrong. My bad. I was under the impression kings and queens were still used in ground armies.

    Ps: if we are counting the last time a troop got upgraded as the waiting period. Ive been waiting 1 year 6 months for my army to get a level since I use drags. You've been waiting significantly less according to your paragraph. Would it be fair if I had to wait 2 years? See how stupid this fair argument propose is? Supercell delays content so we don't upgrade at once. This means someone has to wait longer and it will always be less fair to someone. Right now hybrid gets to wait since air had to wait quite a while
    Last edited by chased123456; June 15th, 2021 at 04:05 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •