Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: air update

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I do wish people wouldn't talk about "the competitive scene" as if it is important or what the majority see.

For most of us, ground works just as well, if not better, than it did at TH13.

I have been using hybrid all the time in Legends, and have been typically finishing the season 1-200 higher than I used to at TH13, so at that level, it hasn't been hit hard at all.

I don't think he was wrong, except if you are talking about the very top level.
    I think, "the competitive scene" is important as it helps to know which strategies work the best against the best bases. But as I said earlier, competitive players can adapt, so it doesn't matter much to them. They are skilled at air based attacks also.

Based on the complaints on forum and the scenario in my clan, I feel like th14 hasn't been great for the average ground attackers so far.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. The original th14 update wasn't good for ground attacks, actually it killed most of the ground attacks that were dominant at th13. Hybrid, witch based attacks like Gowiwi got hit the hardest. The only ground attack that seem to work at the competitive level is the super wiz pekkasmash. The only thing that got some love in the th14 update was queen walk, which is great. But air attacks have been dominant at th14 so far, and now, this new update is also again all air. Yeah, there are levels for air targeting defenses too, but archer towers and wiz towers target ground also.

Generally, I prefer ground, but in wars, depending upon the base, I also go with lalo based attacks. Currently, I'm practicing QC lalo. So, probably I won't have much difficulty. But I think some ground troops deserved new levels.
    Definitely the most on point thing I've read so far.

TH14 killed off the majority of ground attacks, people may still do well with hybrid on lighter bases, or the odd base that is suited to it but in general there are much stronger strats to use. The only viable ground strategy doing well at the moment is different forms of pekka super wiz smash, whether that's with a warden walk, zap quake or super wiz blimp.

We're a champs 1 clan and the only troops doing consistently well were dragons, lalo, edragons and pekka smash.

It is definitely a surprise to see no ground troops get a buff now after the majority of th14 defences can now be upgraded, and ground troops were already on the backfoot.

Honestly this update was unnecessary or maybe just premature. Air has been a dominant attack now for a while, new levels and new air troops seem overkill. For me, as someone who has rarely has turned to lavaloon, but yet as someone who lives on drag/bats in wars, this update has been kind of a turn off. This is also my response to needing so much de at th14 update, it's just all too much.

I'm probably just missing being maxed account, but just having problems getting excited over any of this

Maybe I've just been lucky. Or maybe it is different in low legends (Below 5400). But I see bases I can get the TH with the Queen walk well over 50% of the time.

I still get the TH with a blimp in most cases where I can't get it with AQ, but that tends to end up with a little lower damage . I normally go with blimp and siege barracks available, and use the latter unless I need the blimp for TH.
    I've found hybrid much harder at th14 than th13. I also think it is hard to judge it based on legends trophies at the moment. There are way more people farming in legends currently than there were at the end of th13. I think if you only look at your own attacks, that can be a pretty good judge since designs don't change in legends to protect loot. However, your defense might look much different with players focused more on loot and less on trophies.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I've found hybrid much harder at th14 than th13. I also think it is hard to judge it based on legends trophies at the moment. There are way more people farming in legends currently than there were at the end of th13. I think if you only look at your own attacks, that can be a pretty good judge since designs don't change in legends to protect loot. However, your defense might look much different with players focused more on loot and less on trophies.
    It is possible it is just me getting more practised, I suppose. But at TH13, I would typically get between 150 and 180 trophies for my 8 raids. At TH14, I'm usually getting 170-210.

Can't wait for 90%+ Air Attacks at the incoming WC Qualifiers.

If air attacks are so strong then all x bows which are ground at the moment will become air and ground. Which means ground attacks can become counter meta attacks.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    If air attacks are so strong then all x bows which are ground at the moment will become air and ground. Which means ground attacks can become counter meta attacks.
    That is what I am hoping for

It is possible it is just me getting more practised, I suppose. But at TH13, I would typically get between 150 and 180 trophies for my 8 raids. At TH14, I'm usually getting 170-210.
    I think if you are looking at your offensive totals like that, rather than your ending trophy range, you are looking at the right thing since you aren't then impacted much by the fact that many players are not focusing on trophies in legends right now. It could be you are just getting better at it. It could also be your "go-to" attack plan is to queen charge into the hall and/or blimp the hall in some way that keeps your hybrid from going near the hall. In doing hybrid at th13, I would sometimes do that, and other times run my hybrid right through the hall with warden ability, depending on base design. With th14, that later option is sort of out because the warden ability isn't enough to survive the th14 destruction.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

And the worst part is that we wont see a much needed new level to imp. Ground troops like hogs , miners , yeti , bowler , witch until end of september - october when autumn update arrives.

Which will be almost 4 months afterwards , till then ground armies will get recked against strong defence of th 14. Because all imp. Ground troops are according to th13 power level and witches are of th12 power level.

As a hybrid player this is pretty bad as hogs and miners are now a lot weaker with new level to giant bomb , bomb tower , scatter shot , inferno tower (6 beams too) , th poison and in return quern charge got strong which is good but in my trophy ranges i get qc bait bases or 'anti queen charge' whatever you may call it.
    I hardly manage to get th with queen charge due to base designs.

Secondly pets have made funnel better by giving additional hp and dps to king and siege barracks which again is great but not enough as the main problem is that hogs and miners are not able to survive core which are resulting in a lot of 80-90% 2 stars which used to be 3 star uptil th 13.
    Almost 3 times out of my 8 attacks my queen and king survives but main kill squad is gone which results in a high % 2 star nothing more than that.
    Last edited by Rhodesway31; June 16th, 2021 at 05:05 PM.