Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: air update

  1. #21
    Super Member BlazeStormz123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    My point has been that ground got the larger benefits from the original th 14 update.

    You keep mentioning this but can't seem to connect my point and yours. There are few troops that support air over ground so any direct buff to air will be main troops. So yes, air just got its buff after 1.5 years but ground as a whole got a buff to main troops more recently. You just care only about hybrid. More specifically you only care about 2 of the 24 troops in the game. Supercell can't help it if you dont want to try something new.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. The original th14 update wasn't good for ground attacks, actually it killed most of the ground attacks that were dominant at th13. Hybrid, witch based attacks like Gowiwi got hit the hardest. The only ground attack that seem to work at the competitive level is the super wiz pekkasmash. The only thing that got some love in the th14 update was queen walk, which is great. But air attacks have been dominant at th14 so far, and now, this new update is also again all air. Yeah, there are levels for air targeting defenses too, but archer towers and wiz towers target ground also.

    Generally, I prefer ground, but in wars, depending upon the base, I also go with lalo based attacks. Currently, I'm practicing QC lalo. So, probably I won't have much difficulty. But I think some ground troops deserved new levels.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; June 15th, 2021 at 07:44 PM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

  2. #22
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. The original th14 update wasn't good for ground attacks, actually it killed most of the ground attacks that were dominant at th13. Hybrid, witch based attacks like Gowiwi got hit the hardest. The only ground attack that seem to work at the competitive level is the super wiz pekkasmash. The only thing that got some love in the th14 update was queen walk, which is great. But air attacks have been dominant at th14 so far, and now, this new update is also again all air. Yeah, there are levels for air targeting defenses too, but archer towers and wiz towers target ground also.

    Generally, I prefer ground, but in wars, depending upon the base, I also go with lalo based attacks. Currently, I'm practicing QC lalo. So, probably I won't have much difficulty. But I think some ground troops deserved new levels.
    You'd imagine that if I was truly wrong this update would've been done very differently. Air wouldve been nerfed and ground wouldve been buffed to get a balance. Maybe in the competitive scene ground is taking a back seat but clearly the decision makers are seeing something else.

  3. #23
    Super Member BlazeStormz123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by chased123456 View Post
    You'd imagine that if I was truly wrong this update would've been done very differently. Air wouldve been nerfed and ground wouldve been buffed to get a balance. Maybe in the competitive scene ground is taking a back seat but clearly the decision makers are seeing something else.
    Maybe they wanted to make this update a special air update to introduce the new air troop. Because it does seem like that. And competitive players can generally adapt to the meta, so it doesn't effect them much.
    Last edited by BlazeStormz123; June 15th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.
    Never Give Up Without Even Trying!

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19,338
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeStormz123 View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. The original th14 update wasn't good for ground attacks, actually it killed most of the ground attacks that were dominant at th13. Hybrid, witch based attacks like Gowiwi got hit the hardest. The only ground attack that seem to work at the competitive level is the super wiz pekkasmash. The only thing that got some love in the th14 update was queen walk, which is great. But air attacks have been dominant at th14 so far, and now, this new update is also again all air. Yeah, there are levels for air targeting defenses too, but archer towers and wiz towers target ground also.

    Generally, I prefer ground, but in wars, depending upon the base, I also go with lalo based attacks. Currently, I'm practicing QC lalo. So, probably I won't have much difficulty. But I think some ground troops deserved new levels.
    I do wish people wouldn't talk about "the competitive scene" as if it is important or what the majority see.

    For most of us, ground works just as well, if not better, than it did at TH13.

    I have been using hybrid all the time in Legends, and have been typically finishing the season 1-200 higher than I used to at TH13, so at that level, it hasn't been hit hard at all.

    I don't think he was wrong, except if you are talking about the very top level.

  5. #25
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I do wish people wouldn't talk about "the competitive scene" as if it is important or what the majority see.

    For most of us, ground works just as well, if not better, than it did at TH13.

    I have been using hybrid all the time in Legends, and have been typically finishing the season 1-200 higher than I used to at TH13, so at that level, it hasn't been hit hard at all.

    I don't think he was wrong, except if you are talking about the very top level.
    Agree on competitive scene. Do not on ground. At least some ground. Your experience is much different than mine. Hybrid lives or dies with the queen charge getting the town hall. I just found too many bases that are hugely anti queen walk / charge vs the town hall.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  6. #26
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    518
    Hit rates for common armies:
    #1 QC lalo - steady hit rate pre update (received healer heros, pets, +1 spell and wb in th14 update) -recieves loons, rocket loons maybe dragon rider in current update
    #2 pekka superwiz smash - rising hit rate pre update? (received heros and pets +1 spell, healers in th14 update)
    #3 hybrid - dropping hit rate pre update (recieved heros, pets wb, healer +1 spell in th14 update) possibly add rocket loons?
    #4 Drag bat - steady hit rate pre update (received heros and pets +1 spell) recieves dragons and loons in new update.
    #5 super witch walk dropping hit rate pre update (recieved heros pets healers wb +1 spell)
    #6 edrag loon - rising hit rate pre update? (received heros, pets +1 spell) gets edrags, loons, rocket loons maybe dragon rider.
    #7 golem superwiz witch - steady hit rate pre update? (received heros, pets, +1 spell)
    #8 inferno dragon attack - declining hit rate pre update? (new level on inferno dragon heros, pets, +1 spell) new loons in current update. Possible rocket loons or dragon riders.

    This is my synopsis of the current meta army hitrate. I probably missed by a bit. But one thing I noticed is that tankier troops are doing better vs th14 due to the increases in splash damage. The new level on wiz tower and giant bomb won't help those ground attacks that have a lot of medium troops in them that I liked to use like batslap (not even on the list anymore imo though the ice golem version got new ice golems) hybrid and superwiz golem which could still be ok vs the right base. Add to that planning for hybrid will take me up to 50 minutes wheras edrag loon seems to be doing better with no need to really plan much. Guess I will be abandoning ground at this point. Not really happy with it. It would have been at least a consolation prize to have had a ground supertroop or something.
    Valks aren't significant. Wall breakers and Super archers maybe are the only significant troop to get a level on ground since th13. I consider healers to be both as they only get a buff to "Hero heal" which is any attack that uses hero walk. (Not a ground attack that uses healers with ground troops zero buff there) and babyd and ice golem which supplement both air and ground attacks imo excepting inferno drag attack (which has recieved some nerfs).
    Keen to hear peoples thoughts on how wrong I am and which armies I missed.
    Last edited by Wachichi; June 17th, 2021 at 01:07 AM.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    19,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Agree on competitive scene. Do not on ground. At least some ground. Your experience is much different than mine. Hybrid lives or dies with the queen charge getting the town hall. I just found too many bases that are hugely anti queen walk / charge vs the town hall.
    Maybe I've just been lucky. Or maybe it is different in low legends (Below 5400). But I see bases I can get the TH with the Queen walk well over 50% of the time.

    I still get the TH with a blimp in most cases where I can't get it with AQ, but that tends to end up with a little lower damage . I normally go with blimp and siege barracks available, and use the latter unless I need the blimp for TH.

  8. #28
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by Wachichi View Post
    #7 golem superwiz witch - dropping hit rate pre update? (received heros, pets, +1 spell)
    #8 inferno dragon attack - steady hit rate pre update (new level on inferno dragon heros, pets, +1 spell) new loons in current update. Possible rocket loons or dragon riders.
    For golem superwiz witch,I have seen multiple nerf request threads here in the past,if someone is having problems with its reduced hit than nothing can be done now.
    Also Inferno dragons hit rate has definitely declined because of multiple nerfs,whether directly or indirectly.

  9. #29
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    581
    Quote Originally Posted by clashmaniak4ever View Post
    I have a question about this update. is there a special reason for this air update? I'm trying to explain this to myself but I really can't figure it out. I asked myself the following 2 questions: 1- is air weak at the moment? 2-It is necessary because air defense level is getting up. On demand it is clear that air attack has been very strong in the last 6-9 months and more and more players are doing air attacks, also thanks to the blizzard and (pets) for sui. So they certainly weren't weak. on my 2nd I was able to give an answer on the one hand but on the other hand I don't understand if I do the following equation: When the bomb tower got level up, miners and hogs didn't get level up either. is it the intention that an unfair battle will start in legend or is the intention that ground attackers have to switch to air attack? for the last one, no thanks, but with this relationship you don't really feel like it either. What do you guys think and would like to go into it objectively.
    The reason is: you need to add stuff to the game so maxxers will keep paying to stay on top. This update is very circular: more powerful troops, more powerful defenses, pay up if you want to be ahead of the curve. The most fun and rewarding event in the game, the CWL, is pay-to-win, and they're abusing that.

  10. #30
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    For golem superwiz witch,I have seen multiple nerf request threads here in the past,if someone is having problems with its reduced hit than nothing can be done now.
    Also Inferno dragons hit rate has definitely declined because of multiple nerfs,whether directly or indirectly.
    Yeah golem superwiz witch is definitely a solid attack strat at the moment. It did get a nerf to superwiz just before the th14 update before which I would have said it was OP. ( Superwiz still very strong behind some tanks seen in yeti pekka smash aswell) or of course blizzard. I do think its hit rate is declining slightly probably more due to base building meta than anything else. Even though some ground troops deserve some new levels imo - surely that will happen in a few months so all good- I would say wizard is not one of the ones that need that level. I feel they still belong at #7 and #8 but my numbers could be entirely wrong. Thanks for your reply I will update my initial post to include your thoughts.
    Last edited by Wachichi; June 16th, 2021 at 08:27 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •