Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me bail out of my clan... Confidently

Help me bail out of my clan... Confidently

I'm attached to my clan and have been with them a little over 2 years. Donations are getting slow. Like, severely. I would say about 1000% less than back then when I first joined.

Am I missing out alot? If I leave and join a better clan, I feel as if I would be able to get better at the game because I'll have access to clan castle and seiges all the time which gets me more attacks and overall practice.

One huge takeaway is not being in the CWL and being a benchwarmer if I were to join a better clan. I am TH12 and likely will be a benchwarmer causing me to gain less medals than if I were in the clan I am in now.

But the problem is that psychological drama in my head that doesn't want to leave. Please convince me to leave more confidently.

Long story short, donations are starting to get slow (severely) and due to that I feel as if I'm on a leash... Help.

I'm open to clan invitations if you wouldn't mind. ID#Y2Q20YQ9P
    Last edited by ziya645; June 15th, 2021 at 03:16 AM.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Sometimes you just have to work up the courage to leave, unfortunately. I've had to do the same thing multiple times to different clans, one of which was one I co-founded and had been a part of for 5 years but decided to leave last year since they weren't taking the game seriously at all. You kinda just have to rationalize the reasons to leave to yourself and compare them to reasons to stay, and in this case it doesn't look you have any point to stay other than that you've been in the clan for awhile. Just type out a goodbye message in the clan chat for them to read later but make sure to keep it friendly so that you might get an invite back if activity picks up again.

All in all, sometimes you just have to walk away from something you know isn't helping you at all, even in games - particularly if it isn't helping anyone else either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexatron225 View Post
    All in all, sometimes you just have to walk away from something you know isn't helping you at all, even in games - particularly if it isn't helping anyone else either.
    Exactly, there's no point in staying. But at the same time, Idk why I'm attached. It's doing more harm than good.
    Last edited by ziya645; June 15th, 2021 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexatron225 View Post
    Sometimes you just have to work up the courage to leave, unfortunately. I've had to do the same thing multiple times to different clans, one of which was one I co-founded and had been a part of for 5 years but decided to leave last year since they weren't taking the game seriously at all. You kinda just have to rationalize the reasons to leave to yourself and compare them to reasons to stay, and in this case it doesn't look you have any point to stay other than that you've been in the clan for awhile. Just type out a goodbye message in the clan chat for them to read later but make sure to keep it friendly so that you might get an invite back if activity picks up again.

I completely agree with this.I too faced similar problems in my earlier days.The clans that I joined had casual players whereas I got involved in this game so much that I got addicted to it.Stayed there for around 2 years but then left it to grow at personal level.Those guys have stayed at TH9 whereas I am now at TH14 and in Champ 2 cwl clan.
    Still get invites from there but never thought of joining it back.
    Just drop a goodbye mail,trying finding a better clan it will take some time but will surely help you.
    Also a little advice,join a clan that has players of same time zone of yours.

Do you have friends in your clan ?
    Any emotional connection?

Quote Originally Posted by APURV77 View Post
    Do you have friends in your clan ?
    Any emotional connection?
    Used to, but they all either left or left the game. Now I'm alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    Used to, but they all either left or left the game. Now I'm alone.
    If you have no friends then just keep a th3 mini id in your old clan and join a good new clan
    If you want to farm cwl medals join a clan having multiple sister clans as they are really good at managing it.

just uninstall the game if it causing you such mental turmoil, no mobile game worth getting stressed over.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    just uninstall the game if it causing you such mental turmoil, no mobile game worth getting stressed over.
    I honestly want to do this so I can focus playing other console games I enjoy much more. But it's easier said than done.

Forum Legend
    I was in the same clan for 3 years before I realized how bad leadership was at planning and coordinating wars and assigning targets. Total free for all and nobody did or said anything about it. I decided to leave for a more active and more cohesive clan even though I was throwing away my role as co-leader and throwing away the 3 years of clanmates I stuck with. I have no regrets though. You gotta think about what you want most, and if your current clan isn't providing it then it's time to move on.

RIP forums⚰️