Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of spam bots joining the clan

Trainee

Lots of spam bots joining the clan

I am a co-leader in a relatively new clan, so it is not full yet and we've kept it open to let anyone join. However, what we've mostly been getting are bots, tons of spam bots who just join, leave a message in Mandarin and leave. I've tried reporting a lot of them, but I definitely am helpless as their numbers have grown recently.

I don't know if any other clan is having issues like that, but I would like to know what I can do. I don't care if someone from Supercell monitors the chat to find where they're coming from. I'm getting frustrated.
    Last edited by x4nter; June 13th, 2021 at 01:45 AM.

Forum Legend
    It happens all the time, but there's hardly anything that can be done to stop them. Your best course of action is to set your clan to invite only and try recruiting on the forums, Reddit, Discord, or in-game. Keeping it set to anyone can join is an open door for the bots

RIP forums⚰️

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    I kinda agree with you. These Bots who write something in Mandarin have increased in the last few days. Earlier there were English writing bots advertising about a gem site.
    Most optimal solution for now currently can be to either increase your trophies or TH level requirement or Change your clan settings to invite only.

I wish they add a cooldown of a minute after one joins a clan. This means you can't just join and leave. You will have to wait for a minute before leaving. And this is enough for any coleader to kick some one. (although it can be optional for clans, so that higher level clans who keep their clan at invite only not suffer).

Thanks to @Be A Legend for this amazing signature
    https://forum.supercell.com/member.p...56-Be-A-Legend

Forum All-Star
    I used to suggest new joiners have their chat posts filtered for “freegems” including any variation with white space added; if posted auto-freeze the account for a while (eg 1-25 hours).

Maybe supercell did this, or similar, it’s been over six months since my open clan saw a spam bot.

I guess that foreign language spam posts are getting through. This is easy to fix, it’ll just take a little time.

You should not have to close your clan because of spambots. Keep reporting them. I want that clan Open so that the members can come and go freely.
    Last edited by George1971; June 13th, 2021 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    I wish they add a cooldown of a minute after one joins a clan. This means you can't just join and leave. You will have to wait for a minute before leaving. And this is enough for any coleader to kick some one. (although it can be optional for clans, so that higher level clans who keep their clan at invite only not suffer).
    I vote for this kind of solution. At least 1 mminute delay before beeing enabled to post a message in the chat.
    Currently, bots enter, post, leave.
    You don't have the time (knowing it's a bot beacause it comes 50 times a day) to open the clan memebers list, find him, and kick him , which would at least protect you 1 day from THIS bot, not a perfect solution, but at least a beginning.
    If you had one minute (even 30 seconds) to act, this would allow you to kick bots.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by ronanSC View Post
    I vote for this kind of solution. At least 1 mminute delay before beeing enabled to post a message in the chat.
    Currently, bots enter, post, leave.
    You don't have the time (knowing it's a bot beacause it comes 50 times a day) to open the clan memebers list, find him, and kick him , which would at least protect you 1 day from THIS bot, not a perfect solution, but at least a beginning.
    If you had one minute (even 30 seconds) to act, this would allow you to kick bots.
    That's no good a solution for this whackamole game. If the delay is long enough to bother a bot, then it is massively long for a genuine human joining a clan and wanting to talk. That's why I suggested triggering based on the core of the spam message.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    It happens all the time, but there's hardly anything that can be done to stop them. Your best course of action is to set your clan to invite only and try recruiting on the forums, Reddit, Discord, or in-game. Keeping it set to anyone can join is an open door for the bots
    This is one way, another is to try raising your trophy minimums to higher than what the spambots are running at.

And, of course, always click on the post and report it. They do ban these accounts.

Finally, this goes without saying, don't ever try to go to their site, no matter what they're promising. It will try scam you, then steal your account and add it to their spambot army.

Believe it or not, I reported one of these bots from a mini (a new TH3), and it got banned.

I think the reports from new accounts get processed by human agents.

I can attach a screenshot of the player support feedback about that account.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    This is one way, another is to try raising your trophy minimums to higher than what the spambots are running at.

And, of course, always click on the post and report it. They do ban these accounts.

Finally, this goes without saying, don't ever try to go to their site, no matter what they're promising. It will try scam you, then steal your account and add it to their spambot army.

I saw accounts as high as TH10, although mostly they were TH5-8. They had real looking bases and everything. I believe that they were a subset of scammed and taken over accounts, that they use a subset of them, possibly much later, to do ongoing spam.

With care, I went to their website, to look. Sure enough, they ask for information that will let them take over your account, it was headed that way for sure. I fully expect in the end that they will need to log into you account in order to deposit the gems.

If you get gems, you are probably getting proceeds from a stolen credit card, and they keep whatever money they get from you.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    With care, I went to their website, to look. Sure enough, they ask for information that will let them take over your account, it was headed that way for sure. I fully expect in the end that they will need to log into you account in order to deposit the gems.
    LOL... you're braver than I am

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    If you get gems, you are probably getting proceeds from a stolen credit card, and they keep whatever money they get from you.
    I think that's a big if. I'm not sure what they (the scammers) would gain by actually adding the gems to the account once they got what they wanted.