Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 star rate after update.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrown2626 View Post
    If you are just using the same attacks you did at TH13 then yes, your 3 star rate will drop when your a TH14.

I highly recommend Blizzard Dragons. That is a 3 star attack that will get even stronger in a couple days.
    Blizzard drag works decently on bases with high value defences clustered together and with blowers conveniently pointed in an advantageous way. It does not however work anywhere near as well on bases where defences are not clustered together. Every strat has base designs it is most effective at and others that are less effective.

Blizz dragons is by no means a gimme three star attack even when you get the right base to attack.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown2626 View Post
    If you are just using the same attacks you did at TH13 then yes, your 3 star rate will drop when your a TH14.

I highly recommend Blizzard Dragons. That is a 3 star attack that will get even stronger in a couple days.
    Most of the blizzard entries are baited nowadays,with tornado trap and combination of giant bomb and small bombs sw gets wrecked instantly.Also sams placed at such locations where hound don't trigger them but when bb will pass through that area it gets hit by multiple of them makes blizzard somewhat highly risky.

They should always lean offensive difficulty, to the easier side of the balance chart. I have never seen anyone complain, that it's too easy to 3 star, minus a couple pros on youtube. Actually, the most fun I have had and my clan mates, is when there are OP attacks, before they get nerfed. It's just way more fun to be powerful. I have never seen anyone quit, because the game was too easy. I have seen many many quit, because it's too hard and it's embarrassing in war etc and it feels like a failure, if you can't 3 star with a maxed out army.

Not saying it should be real easy, but not feel like you need to get lucky to 3 star something. TH14 defense is pretty tough, but hoping as we get more troops upgraded, we will see offense come back into the lead. TH14 poison effect needs to be nerfed also.
    Last edited by Micker99; June 15th, 2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Thats right. I sticked to hybrid for the last 2 years almost, nothing else. It been a few updates since that point but none to actually make it stronger. Constant levels on defences, extra traps... And now the TH 14 wich totally obliterated the hybrid in the competitive aspect.

Im not complaining, cause ive been playing the game for so long (like manny others) that i know it doesnt change anything. The way to kepp going is to change to another army. However, as i said... Im in Legend and in Champions league in CWL. It takes months to master an attack strategy, it doesnt happen over the night. Maybe quicker for some, but i got a kid a job a girlfriend like manny players.

Just saying... I dont think i want to go through months of frustration and dead brain cells to adapt, to get again to a decent competive level. Its to much of a price to pay for what reward...

Anyway, just wanted to know other people experience in Legend league mostly, and war regarding the 3 star rate. Cause for me it went down the toilet.
    Hybrid wonít be as viable as it was at th13 until they add new levels to hogs and miners. Iím honestly surprised they didnít do that this update considering the troops that got new levels were already strong and at the top of the meta already.

Anyways, good news for you is that you donít have to take months to learn a new strategy if you just use queen charge dragon riders. It works exactly like hybrid does; gut the core with your queen charge and send the drag riders for the rest of the base. Only itís much easier since you donít have to use your king to funnel trash buildings for the miners, so youíre free to use the king to help funnel for the qc.

Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    They should always lean offensive difficulty, to the easier side of the balance chart. I have never seen anyone complain, that it's too easy to 3 star, minus a couple pros on youtube. Actually, the most fun I have had and my clan mates, is when there are OP attacks, before they get nerfed. It's just way more fun to be powerful. I have never seen anyone quit, because the game was too easy. I have seen many many quit, because it's too hard and it's embarrassing in war etc and it feels like a failure, if you can't 3 star with a maxed out army.

Not saying it should be real easy, but not feel like you need to get lucky to 3 star something. TH14 defense is pretty tough, but hoping as we get more troops upgraded, we will see offense come back into the lead. TH14 poison effect needs to be nerfed also.
    Pretty much this. It is always more fun when offense is stronger. Like OP, I've been struggling to get the desired results with hybrid.

Slightly off topic, but is anyone seeing more mismatches in war? We are matched against clans that have 16+ war win steaks when we only have 4, and they still have 1 - 2 TH14 advantage. Now we are in 2 loss streak (seldom happens), and we are matched with more TH14s yet again. The system got the wrong F word. We want FAIR matches, not FAST. I don't want to get a match quickly but up against odds we have little chance at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Pretty much this. It is always more fun when offense is stronger. Like OP, I've been struggling to get the desired results with hybrid.

Slightly off topic, but is anyone seeing more mismatches in war? We are matched against clans that have 16+ war win steaks when we only have 4, and they still have 1 - 2 TH14 advantage. Now we are in 2 loss streak (seldom happens), and we are matched with more TH14s yet again. The system got the wrong F word. We want FAIR matches, not FAST. I don't want to get a match quickly but up against odds we have little chance at winning.
    Somewhat. We faced champions 1 clans us being master 1 at that time. We also faced Dr. Mujtaba Stephanie clan, wich is far above a lot of clans. Its probably cause a lot of clans died because of the recruitment tool.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Somewhat. We faced champions 1 clans us being master 1 at that time. We also faced Dr. Mujtaba Stephanie clan, wich is far above a lot of clans. Its probably cause a lot of clans died because of the recruitment tool.
    Could it be, and this is a complete guess, many of the casual clans are warring less frequently/not at all due to the glut of incoming content and perhaps focusing on hero upgrades?

It seems unlikely this is the only reason given the diversity of clans out there, but it could be contributing somewhat to what you're seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    Could it be, and this is a complete guess, many of the casual clans are warring less frequently/not at all due to the glut of incoming content and perhaps focusing on hero upgrades?

It seems unlikely this is the only reason given the diversity of clans out there, but it could be contributing somewhat to what you're seeing.
    This is one possible reason. Most fresh TH14s are probably more focused on getting their heroes and pets upgraded.

I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job I'm your average white, suburbanite slob I like football
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    One clan I'm in tends to run 15 v 15 wars and 10-12 are well upgraded 14's, the remaining bases are a mix of 12's and 13's. The matchmaker does not favor top heavy mixed rosters. Those low bases are usually outmatched and I do not see compensation elsewhere on the map. If you want to run a mixed roster I think it is better to balance it. For example another clan I'm in usually gets more even matches with near equal numbers of 12's, 13's & 14's. Also agree with RIZZOB, casual attackers like myself are participating in fewer classic wars after updates.

I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job I'm your average white, suburbanite slob I like football
    Actually, the most fun I have had and my clan mates, is when there are OP attacks, before they get nerfed. It's just way more fun to be powerful. I have never seen anyone quit, because the game was too easy. I have seen many many quit, because it's too hard and it's embarrassing in war etc and it feels like a failure, if you can't 3 star with a maxed out army.
    Agree 200%, it is most fun for me when I smash bases.

I have never seen anyone complain, that it's too easy to 3 star, minus a couple pros on youtube.
    Disagree. Every time offense is more powerful than defense it kicks off an impassioned and divisive thread or two here about how the game is too easy, perfect wars blah blah blah, impossible to defend etc. etc. etc. To be honest I really don't like those peeps, but they do manage to make their presence known every time the pendulum swings to offense.