Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 3 star rate after update.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't think SC should focus on any one particular attack strategy, but I do think the overall 3 star rate should be considered and that the primary consideration in that regard should be what the more "average" players in legends, CWL and classic wars are doing...not the elite. I think SC did a pretty good job with it at th13 and so far I think th14 is ok as well, though I do think we will need an offensive boost in the Fall update.

I agree hybrid is much weaker at th14 and I think it would benefit from a buff (hog/miner levels), but there is nothing "sinful" about it for anyone, let alone the neutral spectator.

I thought edrags were going to be very strong, but haven't found them to be as strong as I expected. I'm having decent luck with blizzard drags. Superwiz/witch with quakes is working too. I've never been good at lalo and don't have the time it would take to get good at it, but those who are skilled with it are doing well. Pekka smash is still strong also.

I tried edrags with riders today and that caused a big hit in my trophies that I will try to make up with other armies in the next 3 days. My riders had just maxed out and I wanted to give them a try. It was not pretty.
    Most blizz strats are really popular now. I've been using blizz drag more over the past few days and it's working better than edrags for me. If you specifically want to use riders, QC riders is the most popular strat going around. Blizz drags + riders could work too.

If you're against QCs then skybrid/hydra/whatever they're calling it works too: https://youtu.be/nqkUROa_FsY
    Last edited by TheGneissRock; June 24th, 2021 at 08:49 PM.

TH14 | Legion oŁ Loons
    Main Account
    -------
    /r/ClashofClans Subreddit | Discord

Quote Originally Posted by TheGneissRock View Post
    Most blizz strats are really popular now. I've been using blizz drag more over the past few days and it's working better than edrags for me. If you specifically want to use riders, QC riders is the most popular strat going around. Blizz drags + riders could work too.

If you're against QCs then skybrid/hydra/whatever they're calling it works too: https://youtu.be/nqkUROa_FsY
    One of the problems, of course, is me switching to an army and using it for a day or two is only 8-16 attacks so it isn't the best test of a strategy. It seems I'm always in the 220 cups range on offense when I just switch around to different strategies (except riders today was really really bad), which shows the limitation of my own skill and my unwillingness to spend a lot of time on one strategy. If I use superwiz/witch/quake and pay attention I do a bit better and I was happy with a roughly 250 day with blizzard drag today on one of my accounts. I watch the experts use edrags and it looks so easy, but it just isn't. At least when I watch Itzu videos and he explains how he isn't as good with edrags as those experts either, it makes me feel better
    Last edited by 2222; June 24th, 2021 at 09:21 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Imo, it's almost balanced. One new black mine and a tiny dragon rider nerf would be nice though.
    Dragon rider nerf?? They need a buff!! They are no better than regular dragons or edragons in attacks, same exact outcome. I'm sure you are 3 starring everything with the Dragon riders lol. If you get the right base, they crush it, just like any other troop. Most bases are 2 stars.