Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Super troop boost options

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by judithjelin View Post
    what about the original request??? in the start of the thread? do you think supercell might consider the two bboost options?? ie for 3 days and 7 days
    Originally super troops did last for 7 days but SC changed it to 3 days. According to: https://houseofclashers.com/wiki/cla...ops-explained/
    "On the 2020 Winter Update the upgrade time was reduced from 7 to only 3 days and allowed the players to have 2 Super Troops at the same time."

I wouldn't mind the having both options, but would only stick to the 3 day cycle just to get rid of DE.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    You meant to write "SC has been very clear . . ."
    No I didn't. I meant to write exactly what I did.

"SC" is third personal singular, thus requires the use of "has".
    If you are American, maybe. In British usage a company is generally considered to be a collective noun. Being British, I use the normal British form.

Per your point, one can hope. SC has added in things that have been ruled out or seemingly against their intent, so maybe one day.
    I really wouldn't hold out much hope on this one. They really want you to have to think about which choices you make, not just be able to use whichever ones suit at any time.

I'd like to see it to, but I really don't think we will.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    No I didn't. I meant to write exactly what I did.

If you are American, maybe. In British usage a company is generally considered to be a collective noun. Being British, I use the normal British form.

I really wouldn't hold out much hope on this one. They really want you to have to think about which choices you make, not just be able to use whichever ones suit at any time.

I'd like to see it to, but I really don't think we will.
    Collective nouns are used in the US too, but are seen as singular entities.
    SC stands for Supercell and I read your sentence as "Supercells have . . .", which we both know you weren't writing about super cells.

I do understand collective nouns and didn't know that they are viewed as plural in England.
    I learned something today.

My apologies for derailing the topic.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Collective nouns are used in the US too, but are seen as singular entities.
    SC stands for Supercell and I read your sentence as "Supercells have . . .", which we both know you weren't writing about super cells.

I do understand collective nouns and didn't know that they are viewed as plural in England.
    I learned something today.

My apologies for derailing the topic.
    It is surprising sometimes what differences there are between English usage in the UK and in the US.