Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Management: Season Summaries Needed

Trainee

Clan Management: Season Summaries Needed

Really sorry to see this site go. Don't post much as I don't care to argue with others. Reddit is just a place for people to complain or brag. I hope this makes it to someone important as a last post on this site.

As of right now, it is possible to track the following per clan member:
    • Troop Donations/Troop Requests
    • War Inclusion Decisions (yes/no setting)
    • Clan Games Success (pts gained)
    • Clan League War Success (stars, attacks, missed attacks)
    • Clan War Attacks (stars, attacks, missed attacks)

The challenge is that tracking it is a huge hassle and requires use of excel of something else. What would be a huge bonus if there were a summary at the end of each season/month with the full stats. From this, it would be very easy to determine who is promotion worthy, and who is not. All of the above data is collected, and would not be hard to add to a summary page for the clan.

Additionally, the following would be very nice to have included:
    • Clan War Troop Donations / Clan War League Troop Donations: A method to easily track how many troops have been donated towards the war effort(s). These donations do not show up in normal donations, and that's fine. It would be nice to know though.

The system could take all of the summary information into a single table at the end of the month/season. That would be absolutely perfect! A single table is all that is needed, overwriting the previous season/month each season/month. The data to go back for months is not required. Obviously, I would vote for an EXPORT TO EMAIL option, but I could live without it.

And, before someone complains how hard it would be, it's very simple. It would take two tables. One visible and one not. As each event ends, update the temporary table with the information (clan league wars, etc). Then at the overnight batch job that cleans the system at the end of each season, just take each of the entries and write them to the visible table that can be accessed in the CLAN section. Very easy (might take some DB space, but easy). The data is just simple numeric, so it should only be a couple bytes per clan member.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

While it would be nice to have it in game, some of that is available from clashofstats website, and I suspect that the things not available on that site almost certainly aren't recorded, in spite of you saying they all are.

Things like war stars are probably only held as a total, not also for current season. And I suspect that things like missed attacks aren't held at all, and can only be derived from fairly significant SQL statements.

You could get a lot of it it from the API yourself, and compare values against previous month for the things not held as anything but current values.

I doubt very much it is as simple as you suggest for SC to provide it in game. Unless, of course, you know better as an ex SC developer? I've never worked for them, but have done enough software development to know that getting data out that was never intended to be reported on can be tricky.

Trainee
    And, this is exactly why this site is dying................................

Instead of thinking about it a second, you found reasons to doubt it is possible or suggest a site that does not provide any of the desired information.

Going back to what was requested, it has to be stored on the SC site someplace. The reason I can state this fact is that I can turn off my primary device, and then access the my information on a secondary device (which has not been used in a while). The requested information is immediately populated to the secondary device (for the present season). If the information were local to the primary device app, then it would not populate to the secondary device as SC would not be able to get to it.

Thus, all SC needs to do is what you noted. Write a couple of SQL queries (I assume they use SAS for the actual data management, but whatever). And, good news, the queries are already written, as it has to perform the exact query to populate my secondary device. Thus, it's just a write statement to the new summary table.

You probably don't like the idea, and that's fine. Finding excuses on behalf of your not liking it is the issue. Clan Management would be improved dramatically with what I recommended.

It isn't too difficult to setup a discord server and add a discord bot (specifically: clashperk), which collects the statistics you are looking for.

Cool additions that a few can find from API sites…
    If it were just up to what a few here think, we’d never have had calls and comments on war maps .

Anyway, continue proposing your ideas, those who reply here do not matter a second (as long as you follow the forum rules).
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Wilburfarce View Post
    And, this is exactly why this site is dying................................

Instead of thinking about it a second, you found reasons to doubt it is possible or suggest a site that does not provide any of the desired information.
    False on all counts.

Going back to what was requested, it has to be stored on the SC site someplace. The reason I can state this fact is that I can turn off my primary device, and then access the my information on a secondary device (which has not been used in a while). The requested information is immediately populated to the secondary device (for the present season). If the information were local to the primary device app, then it would not populate to the secondary device as SC would not be able to get to it.
    Of course the current information is stored. That obviously has to be true.

But you want historical information, and I'm not at all sure that will be stored. For instance, they show your total war stars gained to date. They don't show how many of those have been obtained in the current month. There is n reason to assume they will necessarily hold that information.

Thus, all SC needs to do is what you noted. Write a couple of SQL queries (I assume they use SAS for the actual data management, but whatever). And, good news, the queries are already written, as it has to perform the exact query to populate my secondary device. Thus, it's just a write statement to the new summary table.
    As I say, there is no evidence that they actually hold the data you require. You really cannot be at all sure it would be remotely simple for them to extract it for us to see.

You probably don't like the idea, and that's fine. Finding excuses on behalf of your not liking it is the issue. Clan Management would be improved dramatically with what I recommended.
    Given that the very first thing I said was "While it would be nice to have it in game" I have no idea how you come to the conclusion I might not like it.

I fully agree, it would be very nice to have in game. I'm just questioning your assertions that it is data they already have, which would be simple to extract.

I suspect that what is not available in the API probably isn't actually held.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    …I suspect that what is not available in the API probably isn't actually held.
    Based on many actions from SC, there are plenty of data not made available in the API.

But that data consideration is only a side discussion to the main idea: add management data in-game summarizing a players data over a period of time, higher or different than currently supplied. My example of the clashcaller war feature is where SC has provided more ‘data’, albeit long after many had asked for it.
    The unofficial forum here.
    Discord: Smirk, Supercell.