Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the priority upgrade at TH!4?

"This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" T S Eliot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I am of the belief builder huts are the most important defense - as soon as these went to lvl 2 they made an immediate difference in my defense log. .....
    While I have only two huts above level one, and am debating if I will ever upgrade all of them.

For years, I was consistently the #1 base in our wars. After TH 14 was released, it was reported that a L2 Builder Hut carries more war weight than a maxed EA. I am one of 7 TH 14s in my clan that participated in CWL. I fell from the #1 position to the #6 (our #7 base had only 1 BH upgraded). Well, in honesty after years at #1, I am relaxing more in wars. We are in 15v15 C1, which typically has a range of bases from top to bottom. In this last CWL, I was paired to TH 13s twice, highly rushed 14s three times, and viable opponents only twice.

So in all honesty, I have been enjoying the break, at least for now. And who knows, I may even keep at least one BH perma-maxed at level 1.

Pro Member
    I play different than most and prioritize defense. Eagle I hammered. Infernos and scattershots were upgrading together. Then teslas. I likely was different in that I maxed champion before queen. TH is of course max. Using gold pass every month I saw no need to do storages. Builder huts are under construction now. I think one max. Queen will be hammer to max in a few hours when CWL is over.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    While I have only two huts above level one, and am debating if I will ever upgrade all of them.

For years, I was consistently the #1 base in our wars. After TH 14 was released, it was reported that a L2 Builder Hut carries more war weight than a maxed EA. I am one of 7 TH 14s in my clan that participated in CWL. I fell from the #1 position to the #6 (our #7 base had only 1 BH upgraded). Well, in honesty after years at #1, I am relaxing more in wars. We are in 15v15 C1, which typically has a range of bases from top to bottom. In this last CWL, I was paired to TH 13s twice, highly rushed 14s three times, and viable opponents only twice.

So in all honesty, I have been enjoying the break, at least for now. And who knows, I may even keep at least one BH perma-maxed at level 1.
    That's interesting. I will say maxed huts around key structures can present an attacker quite a few problems with the healing feature so I'm in the process of maxing mine.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Millennial Club
    In the spirit of most corporations: everything is top, #1 priority.

Boss on Monday: Here's a project that needs to be done by this Friday.

Employee: I'm already working on 15 other projects. There's no way I can get this done by Friday.

Boss: Well, make it your #1 priorty then.

Employee: That's what you said about the other 15 projects.

Boss: . . .
    Employee: . . .

In all seriousness: heroes and pets are important. Th weapon, ea, infernoes, builder huts, lab, cc, pet house.

Basically, anything that improves your offense plus the heavy defense. My opinion, though, so take it as you will.
    Last edited by joemann8478; June 10th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

The new builder huts changed the dynamics of defense, so I'd say they deifinitely should be top on the priority list. Apart from the usual hero upgrades of course. I don't use much of the DE troops that needed upgrades, so all DE goes into heroes first, followed by pets.

Forum All-Star
    1. Lab. As soon as your TH upgrades, upgrade the lab, by book of hammer, so that you get the advantage of a week of troop bonuses, and then after that you can make use of purple potions.

2. Pet house. Pets are a fun new thing, and you will enjoy playing with them. I am enjoying getting to know them one at a time. Level 1 pets benefit hugely from the 5-level bonus of the new TH level bonus and then the orange hero potions afterwards.

3. Elixir storage, because they need to be upgraded before you can hold enough elixir to upgrade the pet house for unicorns. Unless you hammer the last level.

4. CC. The extra spell slot is nice, although it does not make your day feel that much better, its nothing like learning to use pets.

Huts? They help in defence a lot, and raise your war weight. Personally, I don't enjoy playing COC for the defences that happen when I'm offline. They will matter a lot if you are competitive in CWL or Legends. However, I feel that the pets add more than hut defence.

Heroes. Hammer and Book your RC, because she matters the most. Don't waste hammers or books on pets until your RC and Warden are maxed again. You can war without a pet, but not without an RC or Warden.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post

Okay, there are pets. So far, I've not seen a lot to make me think that they are compelling. I'm not high in leagues though. If I were in Legend, I might see more than I am now.

In my personal, non-statistically relevant experience, the pets make a huge difference in my ability to three star in Titans and Low Legends. I have improved my three star rate with the LASSI OWL and YAK. The YAK appears to have made a huge difference, and just at level 1.

I hear that some consider the unicorn overpowered.

The pets are compelling.

Edited. A run of three stars was against weak bases.
    Last edited by George1971; June 12th, 2021 at 04:25 AM.

Thanks for the input, not at all sure what to do. I think builder huts are high on the list which is a bit shocking haha. Lab, of course, cc. Sounds like the pet house will be important. I don't have many books and I am not spending a lot of $ so I can't do what many of you have done. I will be slower but that's okay.

Do the pets disappear while the pet house is upgrading or does it upgrade. LOL I will know in a few hours.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Forum All-Star
    Another downside of prioritising huts is that they will tie up your builders for a long time. The pet house upgrades are a single builder, four times.

TH14 upgrade times are long. Builder time is more precious than resources.
    Last edited by George1971; June 10th, 2021 at 01:53 PM.

Millennial Club
    I held off on builder huts until the pet house, heroes, and gold/elixir storages were done.

Now, I've committed 2 builders to builder huts until they are complete, unless we get more hero upgrades with the summer update; I really hope we don't, though.

All 5 huts are level 2 with two of them currently on upgrade to level 3.
    Last edited by joemann8478; June 10th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.