Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the priority upgrade at TH!4?

What is the priority upgrade at TH!4?

I looked around for a thread on this, didn't see it. It's probably here. I did try.

I will be a 14 tomorrow. I'm very close to max at 13. Only a few bombs are not max.

I don't see anything that screams out at me like TH13 did. At 13, other than the TH itself, those scatter shots were my focus. And there were probably max before the TH was. I don't remember. I don't see anything like that at TH14. I mean a compelling and obvious reason to go to 14.

Okay, there are pets. So far, I've not seen a lot to make me think that they are compelling. I'm not high in leagues though. If I were in Legend, I might see more than I am now.

So help me out?

The weaponized builder huts threw me some curves but people will get used to that quick. I dropped down my golem and giants and was shocked to seem them drawn to a builder hut. haha It seems they have to be upgraded to make them a weapon. They seem good at fouling up someone's pathing if they are not careful, such as myself.

The pets might be more important at higher levels?

I waited a month to start my upgrade to 14 because I went to 12 early with a rushed base and it was not pleasant. LOL It might be old news for most here now but it's not for me.

I don't know what I should spend my loot on. I think dark on my AQ, I've been sitting on 300K for a month. :P So, help me out.

Thanks!

P.S. Supercell that early warning you added for upcoming maintenance was one of the best QOL I've ever seen. Well done! I know it's old but I've not been here in a long time.

Grrr I can't correct that typo in the subject.
    Last edited by StormHeart; June 9th, 2021 at 05:36 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Forum Elder
    I had a bunch of medals saved up and books stockpiled as well..

I did the CC first (Hammer)

then the two scatters (yes you are right not anything super special in 14)
    I also prioritized the huts to L2 and the TH Giga to L3 (going to use a book for L4 and a hammer for L5 to shrink down-time for last two upgrades) I then did my Infernos in mass and upgraded 1 hut to max (it looks pretty sweet when maxed to me) I am still behind on my teslas which I normally prioritize because they are generally a cheaper upgrade for their output and they will be next and historically i do cannons last...(dont see a reason to change now)

the builders make quite the difference on the structures they repair, I had a raid go south cause they healed the EA that was on the brink of going down... I think I would have three starred it but enough blasts got off to quell that effort.

no wrong answers here IMO.. do you.

Edit to say: the pet's shop was up there at the start with the lab and starting buildings books and extras I had stock piled...
    F2F
    Last edited by AFRO; June 9th, 2021 at 06:08 PM.

Builder huts are the new defense, and pets the new offence like you say.

The pets are starting to make a noticeable difference to my attacks as they get to level 7-8. Also, I’d expect SC will continue to add many levels over time as new updates drop, so I wouldn’t want to leave them too long.

Weaponized builder huts are your best bang for the buck.

would suggest not neglecting your storages for too long. If you have gold pass, the discount will get you by for the rest of June. But, you’d be in a tough spot the first week of July if you don’t upgrade the DE and gold storages by then.

I didn't know that about the builder huts but I saw it in another thread. It sounds like they may be more important than I first thought.

CC is usually my first upgrade. I don't have a lot of medals, under 3K gems too. I'll probably have to buy some gems. GASP. I'm not as active as I used to be. From what you said, it seems it's about what I would always work on first. Unsure about pet house but the builder hut just became a priority

I don't know how much of a priority the pet house is? It's expensive nad long build.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Lab
    cc
    ea
    ss
    bh
    it.

And heroes , pets.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I didn't know that about the builder huts but I saw it in another thread. It sounds like they may be more important than I first thought.

CC is usually my first upgrade. I don't have a lot of medals, under 3K gems too. I'll probably have to buy some gems. GASP. I'm not as active as I used to be. From what you said, it seems it's about what I would always work on first. Unsure about pet house but the builder hut just became a priority

I don't know how much of a priority the pet house is? It's expensive nad long build.
    I am of the belief builder huts are the most important defense - as soon as these went to lvl 2 they made an immediate difference in my defense log. Second most important defense, IMO, is new inferno level. Adding a 6th beam to the multi is a huge buff.

Biggest hurdle starting out is storages, IMO. If you have gold pass, not a huge worry, but if you don't, you'll need to get the dark storage done before you can do any queen updates. You'll also need to get elixir storages upgraded so you can start unlocking pets. You'll want to do that as soon as you can.
    Last edited by Rizzob; June 9th, 2021 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Legend
    Depends what your priorities are.
    For me I booked or hammered all 4 levels of the Pet house.
    I think I booked the lab too since mine was maxed but if you can have an upgrade running it it you can let the lab upgrade naturally and any TH13 lab upgrade you have left will be longer than the lab upgrade.
    Then after 4 weeks I hammered the CC.

Defenses are nice but I generally waited out the upgrade times.

Pets take 7 months to fully upgrade (without magic item/gem help) all to L10 so I started them right away and try to keep one down always.

After that I try to focus on the heroes. Warden uses elixir so can do him and another. My order was Queen, King Champ but I don't think there is a wrong order. I still have 1 King and 4 champ levels buts should be done soonish.

If you are like me and don't buy the gold pass, stoarges were my early priority. If you gold pass it, they can take a back seat.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Lab, Clan Castle, Pet House, New defenses. Upgrade builder huts to at least level 2. Upgrade DE storage. Upgrade gold Storage. Other defensive upgrades eagle, giga, infernos, scattershot. Hidden tesla and cannon give you very little value.

Certainly don't neglect the pet house because of the long build time. That, and how long it will take to upgrade all the pets, means you need to get cracking early.

My approach was to hammer the CC, build/upgrade the pet house, weaponise all builder huts, upgrade storages, then start working through TH, scatters & infernos.