Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Leaders only authority to kick other players

Fresh Spawn

Unhappy Leaders only authority to kick other players

Apparently there is a new behavior on clash of clans for some players. They enter the clan and act okay for a very short time then they ask for a one time promotion for the ability to recruit other players. If you give it to them they immediately start kicking all other players out of the clan until they can be selected and kicked. The last instance came from another player who had been in the clan for some time accepting and promoting a new player who then did this rapidly before i could remove him. i have contacted super cell to try and resolve this issue with being told there's nothing wrong with another player going around the other clans causing these problems like it's amusing somehow. If the ability to kick a player out of the clan residing only with the leader, this behavior would be stopped and gameplay would not be destroyed by these idiots. I was told there is supposed to be a 20 minute cool down between kicking players out to avoid these issues which i showed was not working since this player titled [redacted by Forum Moderator] kicked 7 players in less than a minute because i wouldn't promote him to coleader supposedly. ANYONE else agree with only having the leader with the ability to kick another player out of the clan??
    Last edited by Cowslips; June 6th, 2021 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Forum rule 1 - naming and shaming

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer955k View Post
    Apparently there is a new behavior on clash of clans for some players. They enter the clan and act okay for a very short time then they ask for a one time promotion for the ability to recruit other players. If you give it to them they immediately start kicking all other players out of the clan until they can be selected and kicked. The last instance came from another player who had been in the clan for some time accepting and promoting a new player who then did this rapidly before i could remove him. i have contacted super cell to try and resolve this issue with being told there's nothing wrong with another player going around the other clans causing these problems like it's amusing somehow. If the ability to kick a player out of the clan residing only with the leader, this behavior would be stopped and gameplay would not be destroyed by these idiots. I was told there is supposed to be a 20 minute cool down between kicking players out to avoid these issues which i showed was not working since this player titled [redacted by Forum Moderator] kicked 7 players in less than a minute because i wouldn't promote him to coleader supposedly. ANYONE else agree with only having the leader with the ability to kick another player out of the clan??
    A suggestion, next time someone wants a one time promotion to invite someone, ask them for the player tag of their friend so that you can invite them instead. If they balk at all, you know who are dealing with.
    Last edited by Cowslips; June 6th, 2021 at 05:53 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Millennial Club
    If only the leader can kick what happens when you are away and you have some one just accepted in promoting hate speech or donating trash and no one is on to kick....
    You don’t promote someone so they can invite... it’s easy to lower join requirements so they can request or you can just invite...
    And if you do promote to invite surely they get elder only, and can only kick one in every 20 mins?

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 80 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    No I donít agree that kicking should only be a leader option. The other ranks are there to help the leadership lead the clan and in case an clan mate is disruptive or abusive and needs to be kicked fast when a leader is not around.

First of all this isnít a new thing. This has been around for years and years. Thatís why itís basically a custom in a whole lot of clans that asking for a promotion always is followed by kicking that person out of the clan. Asking for a promo should always trigger alarm bells. No matter how ďgoodĒ that player is or what league heís in etc.
    There is no reason whatsoever to promote someone to recruit or invite a friend or any other reason. They can just give you the player tag and you can invite or they can apply to the clan themselves. If this is too much to ask or people act odd in some way then even more alarm bells should go off.

Technically you could already accomplish what you ask if you want it that badly by having no elders or co leaders and keeping everyone a member. Then the leader only has the kick ability. So thereís no need to implement something that can impact a large amount of well organized clans out there because some clans make the mistake of promoting the wrong people.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

Hay Day | Level: 136 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Forum All-Star
    There are two ways to achieve this.

1. Keep everyone else as member. Members can't kick anyone. Then, as you relent, a promoted person is highly honoured and trusted to kick/not kick the others.

2. Promote everyone to Co-Leader. Co-Leaders can't kick Co-Leaders. I find this works great for my sleeper clan, which is Open, and is where people go when going inactive or barely active. Everyone known gets Co-Leader, and every Co-Leader can re-promote every known person when the come, or come back. The random walk-ins are mere members and anyone can kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    2. Promote everyone to Co-Leader. Co-Leaders can't kick Co-Leaders...
    Smart way to do it, either promote everyone or do not promote anyone.