Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: My wife and wallet appreciate the June Gold Pass

Hopefully, there is some new lab stuff to upgrade with the June update so I can make use of all these lab books we have been offered lately. Normally, the lab upgrades are the slowest, but th14 was very light on troops/spells upgrades.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I donít quite understand the BoS again, but I suppose there are some who can use it.
    If you take the time to think about it, I doubt the number of players who have a completely maxed lab is a big portion of the player base. Just need to remember that the game does not revolve around the max/near max players.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If you take the time to think about it, I doubt the number of players who have a completely maxed lab is a big portion of the player base. Just need to remember that the game does not revolve around the max/near max players.
    Oh trust me mate, Iím nowhere near to being maxed, returned to the game a month ago after a year and a half long break.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14

Even without a maxed lab though, I personally find the BoS and BoF the two least useful books, just because there is no penalty to having something in the lab upgrading.

With heroes upgrading, you can't use them for attack (or defence outside war and LL), with defence buildings down, you lose the use of them outside war and LL, and with army buildings upgrading (apart from camps), you lose the use of them fully.

That is not to say the BoF & BoS are useless, just not as useful for me as the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Even without a maxed lab though, I personally find the BoS and BoF the two least useful books, just because there is no penalty to having something in the lab upgrading.

With heroes upgrading, you can't use them for attack (or defence outside war and LL), with defence buildings down, you lose the use of them outside war and LL, and with army buildings upgrading (apart from camps), you lose the use of them fully.

That is not to say the BoF & BoS are useless, just not as useful for me as the other two.
    I was not commenting on the usefulness of the BoS or the preference compared to other books. I made a comment about the supposition that some might have a use for it, and that a vast majority of the player base do have a use for it.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Millennial Club
    Meanwhile i maxed out rc/gw/aq on 3 of my acc its just bk left and pets(got some upgrades the max is 5 lassi and uni owl at 2 idk about specific lvl for pets for every acc) and i didnt even upgraded my dark storage
    But yeah rc and aq without dark storage being upgraded without buying gold pass
    Last edited by RH69; June 2nd, 2021 at 03:56 PM.

Banned
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    I was not commenting on the usefulness of the BoS or the preference compared to other books. I made a comment about the supposition that some might have a use for it, and that a vast majority of the player base do have a use for it.
    Iím sure they do, as I pointed out. Iíd prefer any other book in its place to be honest, but I guess Iíll upgrade some spells I donít use that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

I look at it slightly differently. I see the BoF as the second most useful book (BoH being far and away #1), because the lab is the bottleneck to maxing out pretty much every higher level TH.

However, the BoS is the least useful for me, because if I want to speed up my lab, I almost always would rather a BoF, because troop upgrades are in almost all cases longer than the equivalent lab level spell upgrades. To put it more directly, the BoF is almost always cutting more days off the overall lab time than the BoS is.

In short, the BoS is the Reader's Digest version of the BoF.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    LOL, I can't tell if you were being sarcastic. At the end of my Gold Pass is the Book of Heroes!

--Lynn--
    Most months, there would be a little sarcasm in that comment. This month, I'm totally serious. Our family has major (non-clash) things going on this month. The timing for no BoH (beyond the standard silver BoH) is perfect. I will be slacking in Clash, not spending lots of money, and feel great about everything!
    Last edited by PapaBear38; June 2nd, 2021 at 05:37 PM.
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Hopefully, there is some new lab stuff to upgrade with the June update so I can make use of all these lab books we have been offered lately. Normally, the lab upgrades are the slowest, but th14 was very light on troops/spells upgrades.
    I hear ya. My lab is a week from being done (yes, books hammers and such) but in 4 days time, Ill have the lab done (!) on my main acct, and just the Barbs and Wallys for my primary alt (with a 10D timer left on my Minions) so probably another month there (not as many rewards stashed on that acct, and not as busy on it as well)

so yeah I am also hoping (never thought I would say this) for some Lab upgrades in the next update or maintenance patch...