Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Make Derby manageable

Lightbulb Make Derby manageable

Hello there

i would like to have more control over the derby as the neighborhood leader. Up to now we have no chance to animate the players to really contribute to the derby instead of simply participating, doing nothing and getting the reward depending on the performance of all the other players. This annoying for every player that likes to really play derby and hoping for a good reward.

So here are three ideas to make this more manageable:

1. calculate the reward at the end on the contribution of the players compared to the player of the same neighborhood with the highest contribution in this derby. When somebody contributes 0 points, he will receive 0 rewards. The player with the highest contribution will receive full rewards just as it is now. The others in between will receive a percentual amount of rewards reflecting their contribution.

I think that over time this leads to the fact that the players who just want to get the reward and don't feel like playing derby no longer register at all.

2. Make the derby participation an opt-in. At the moment it is the case that players are often registered in the derby even though they do not want to participate. That happens in any case when someone joins the community and, as we see it, probably also when you just open a derby screen to see whats going on.

Participation should be an declaration of intent by the player, not an automatism in the system.

3. Give the leaders the option to lock out players from derby completely. We are looking at the participation and we have to fight against the participation at the beginning of the derby for every player where we know exactly that this player is only interested in getting the reward without doing anything for the community.

I know there are many neighborhoods where the derby is integral part of the community and players are forced to participate or they are getting kicked. We don't want to have such a community, since there is so much more in HayDay that gives fun to players. We just want to have a better control over the part of HayDay that really is in competition.

It would be great if some or all of this ideas could make it to the game.

kind regards
    Andi

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    Quote Originally Posted by zreptil View Post
    ...2. Make the derby participation an opt-in. At the moment it is the case that players are often registered in the derby even though they do not want to participate. That happens in any case when someone joins the community and, as we see it, probably also when you just open a derby screen to see whats going on.

Participation should be an declaration of intent by the player, not an automatism in the system...
    I have played in one neighbourhood where the Leader opts everyone out as soon as a Derby finishes. She does that every week, and her hoodies know that they must opt themselves in if they wish to participate in the next Derby.

This is all made very clear in the neighbourhood details, and also spelled out to new members when they join.

Having to opt in "declares their intent" and avoids situations where they are opted in without wishing to participate. Of course, it does nothing to guarantee their performance!

It could be one option for you to consider.

I hope this helps
    Come join the new unofficial Hay Day forum: https://justhayday.boards.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Having to opt in "declares their intent" and avoids situations where they are opted in without wishing to participate. Of course, it does nothing to guarantee their performance!

It could be one option for you to consider.

I hope this helps
    Unfortunately not. It would help, if the system doesn't opt them in by itself, when a player collects his rewards or a new player enters the neighbohood. Whatever the automatism is, this should be removed. We have some players that play sometimes derby and sometimes not. And it happens from time to time that they are registered for the derby without intent. As far as we could see, this seems to happen, when the reward is claimed, but there can be other situations.

So my feature request would be to remove all possibilities where a player can be registered without having intented to do so. Also a simple button to leave the derby could help. Instead you not only have to open settings to opt out, but you have to go to advanced settings to do so. Nobody in the world would find this without knowing that this exists.

A trigger on the derby screen would be much more intuitive and user friendly.

Fresh Spawn
    I agree on all three ideas .. leaders should have more control over derby settings .. leaders should use their valuable time on the fun stuff, like doing derby tasks and helping the neighbourhood achieve their goals .. I know good leaders who have just given up spending their time on the game because it was to much not so funny management.

Centennial Club
    I agree!!!
    I've stopped doing the derby because it doesn't matter how much work you put in, there is always one freeloader that pulls the whole group down. Sometimes they aren't even doing it on purpose, but life gets in the way. Week after week of effort only to unlock 4 prizes is discouraging.

We need to be able to set automatic moderation tools. So if a player doesn't do X number of tasks, they will automatically get locked out of the next derby. This way, our hands are clean and we don't have to keep fighting with and begging our neighbors to pull their weight. Neighbors become like friends and it's very awkward to them discipline your friends, so you end up just letting things slide. Auto moderation will solve this. After failing X number of derbies, they get locked out, and the leader has to then unlock them again before they can participate.