Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Meaning of Dark Elixir Economy

Trainee

Meaning of Dark Elixir Economy

Hi,
    In one of my earlier posts which has been closed I didn't got the chance to ask the Moderators as to why spending DE on walls will be "bad for the DE Economy"??
    If Elixirs are allowed to upgrade walls after a certain level, then why not Dark Elixir ?? How is money involved in that??

Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    Hi,
    In one of my earlier posts which has been closed I didn't got the chance to ask the Moderators as to why spending DE on walls will be "bad for the DE Economy"??
    If Elixirs are allowed to upgrade walls after a certain level, then why not Dark Elixir ?? How is money involved in that??
    Your thread was closed because your suggestion (which should go in the forum for new ideas/suggestions) is a ruled out idea. It is thought to be bad for the economy because people sitting with full dark elixir is good for those raiding and looking for dark. In legends, that wouldn’t apply of course and, it would be a nice perk to allow walls to be upgraded with dark in legends only in my opinion. It has nothing to do with money. “Economy” in this sense refers to the resources of the game, such as dark elixir.
    Last edited by 2222; May 31st, 2021 at 01:53 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Your thread was closed because your suggestion (which should go in the forum for new ideas/suggestions) is a ruled out idea. It is thought to be bad for the economy because people sitting with full dark elixir is good for those raiding and looking for dark. In legends, that wouldn’t apply of course and, it would be a nice perk to allow walls to be upgraded with dark in legends only in my opinion. It has nothing to do with money. “Economy” in this sense refers to the resources of the game, such as dark elixir.
    Thank You for the reply!!

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pch View Post
    Hi,
    Progress in Clash of Clans is primarily driven by loot stolen from other players. It's the fastest way to accumulate Gold, Elixir, and Dark Elixir. However, how much is available in circulation is dependent on how much is in your Storages.

Gold and Elixir are fairly common enough that even if you empty your Storages, it doesn't take that long to refill them. However, Dark Elixir is a much more premium resource that is harder to accumulate. Therefore, you're much more reliant on players having it in their Storages. Just think about how many times you've tapped "Next" when that base didn't have enough Dark Elixir for it to be worth attacking.

So if you were able to upgrade your Walls with DE, it would basically cause the amount of DE available in Storages to drop to nearly zero. Now imagine how many more times you'd be hitting "Next" since everyone would have their DE tied up in Walls.

Additionally, this is also the same reason why we don't allow you to pull selected resources from your Treasury and require you to withdraw all 3 at the same time. The amount you can loot from a player's Treasury is more protected and thus it means less is available for looting.

So if you keep hoarding all your DE in your Treasury, it just means less is available in the in-game economy.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Progress in Clash of Clans is primarily driven by loot stolen from other players. It's the fastest way to accumulate Gold, Elixir, and Dark Elixir. However, how much is available in circulation is dependent on how much is in your Storages.

Gold and Elixir are fairly common enough that even if you empty your Storages, it doesn't take that long to refill them. However, Dark Elixir is a much more premium resource that is harder to accumulate. Therefore, you're much more reliant on players having it in their Storages. Just think about how many times you've tapped "Next" when that base didn't have enough Dark Elixir for it to be worth attacking.

So if you were able to upgrade your Walls with DE, it would basically cause the amount of DE available in Storages to drop to nearly zero. Now imagine how many more times you'd be hitting "Next" since everyone would have their DE tied up in Walls.

Additionally, this is also the same reason why we don't allow you to pull selected resources from your Treasury and require you to withdraw all 3 at the same time. The amount you can loot from a player's Treasury is more protected and thus it means less is available for looting.

So if you keep hoarding all your DE in your Treasury, it just means less is available in the in-game economy.
    Well said.

Level 12| High score - 5706| Cards -74/74
    Playing since global release!
    *Thanks to OfficalThatGuy for the awsome sigpic!

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

I always wondered that how this small change could affect game economy. Now i got it , thanks for this clear explaination.

Going to miss ? S asked and Darians clear understandable replies.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    In legends, that wouldn’t apply of course and, it would be a nice perk to allow walls to be upgraded with dark in legends only in my opinion.
    This would be a good Legends Perk, and maybe a good incentive to get more TH14’s to go up.
    However if this was considered I think it should only be available to Players who have spent a “waiting period” in legends. Maybe one season, maybe just one week... I’m not sure. This would be to prevent people going to legends spending the DE and dropping out back to titans in a day or two.
    Would also have to be only for those who sign up to legends and not those with the legends badge, but shutting between 4900 and 4999 to keep the legends badge but attack as often as they like.
    But I do like the idea....
    Out of interest, how much do you think you should pay per wall in legends with DE if this came to be?

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 80 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    This would be a good Legends Perk, and maybe a good incentive to get more TH14’s to go up.
    However if this was considered I think it should only be available to Players who have spent a “waiting period” in legends. Maybe one season, maybe just one week... I’m not sure. This would be to prevent people going to legends spending the DE and dropping out back to titans in a day or two.
    Would also have to be only for those who sign up to legends and not those with the legends badge, but shutting between 4900 and 4999 to keep the legends badge but attack as often as they like.
    But I do like the idea....
    Out of interest, how much do you think you should pay per wall in legends with DE if this came to be?
    But dont you think this would make legends league 'too' valuable.
    Every player who could stay in legends and chose to stay in some other league would want to shift to legends.
    And i am not sure but i think this would also cause a threat to game economy in some way.
    They would not want most of their active players to be in a same league i believe.
    Last edited by Rhodesway31; June 1st, 2021 at 04:02 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodesway31 View Post
    But dont you think this would make legends league 'too' valuable.
    Every player who could stay in legends and chose to stay in some other league would want to shift to legends.
    And i am not sure but i think this would also cause a threat to game economy in some way.
    They would not want most of their active players to be in a same league i believe.
    Based on my experience in legends and based on the TH’s I find, it’s Mostly it’s Only TH14’s that manage to stay in legends so getting more 14’s into legends would help base matchups in titans, if there were less 14’s (I think)... which would be a good thing.
    It could also be only walls over a set level, maybe only TH14 walls so as to discourage the 13’s with maxed DE going up to spend DE which could be bad for the economy. And at TH14, we have so much to spend DE on anyway at the moment I’m unsure how much would go into walls anyway?

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 80 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+