Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Stemming Overuse of Sneaky Goblin

Fresh Spawn

Stemming Overuse of Sneaky Goblin

Since TH14, I have found that most of the attacks seem to be Sneaky Goblin + Jump (or slight variations thereof). It almost seems to be the only army used at some trophy levels anymore.

It wouldn't be so bad except the hyper-focus means that shields are almost never obtained, leading multiple high-loot-loss attacks.

Please consider re-instating a cooldown for boosting Goblins. At least so people can't exclusively use the one-trick pony ALL the time.

Thank you.

In my personal experiences, I don't see sneakies as often as you describe, but I could see where you were going with the "one trick pony" and I agree. Sneaky goblins did promote it in a way.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Pro Member
    Are you in a very low league, say Silver or Gold? Sneaky goblin raids are extremely common there, but as work your way up you'll find more and more people using trophy-pushing armies.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Get out of the sneaky goblin farming trophy range and youíll hardly ever see them.
    I donít ever see them on my base in the Titan ranges and get attacked and shielded very reliably.

Thank you TerMinus Prime

Hay Day | Level: 136 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

If your base design and defense is weak enough, no restrictions on boosts can prevent your base from getting raided like this.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    1. Try to put tornado traps where you expect SG.
    2. Try placing a combo of giant bomb and normal bomb near storages.
    3. Keep your town hall at the centre of the base.
    4. Keep your storages deep inside the base.
    5. Try placing air sweepers where you expect BB full of SG.
    6. Make a ring style base if possible with your storages in the innermost ring.

Atleast these are some bases I tend to leave during farming attacks. But as others mentioned, if you have weak base design or low defences or if you are in a low league, you will face them more.

I don’t even see them used against me in crystal. Maybe like 1 attack in a week or two .. or not even that that ... literally almost never. My base has high level defenses though (not rushed) and storages protected.

It might be that you could look at redesigning your base? If you make it harder to attack with sneakies, the opponent will next you and look for an easier target,.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nent View Post
    Since TH14, I have found that most of the attacks seem to be Sneaky Goblin + Jump (or slight variations thereof). It almost seems to be the only army used at some trophy levels anymore.

It wouldn't be so bad except the hyper-focus means that shields are almost never obtained, leading multiple high-loot-loss attacks.

Please consider re-instating a cooldown for boosting Goblins. At least so people can't exclusively use the one-trick pony ALL the time.

Thank you.
    are you saying the Crowbar Ninjas are OP?

Joking aside... I am also curious what league you are in? I just passed through to Champs III over the last couple weeks on my primary alt using a majority of Super Gobs.. they are the best kept farming secret.. plus I can send out the Royals and pets and get 50% + damage to pad the loot bonus and second star for trophy gain pretty efficiently too (as far as healing time for Royalty goes).

if you arent getting shielded, then
    1. your layout has too many eggs are on one basket(s) or easy to clear for less than 30% anyhow..
    2. you are probably in a range where trophy droppers are around too, so you dont really have defense concerns per say...but if you do, float up some, or make better or more thoughtful use of bombs and traps on def.

TLDR = Dont hate the player, (Ninja Gobs) they are the Premier farming troop as it stands right now. IMO nothing else compares for ROI. there are other ways to farm, which can be more fun, but I cant think of a - BETTER - one right now.

I've been in champion 2 for a while now and I haven't been attacked with SG's in well over a month.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Tollboothwillie
    OK I will admit these past few weeks I have been using them on 2 of my alts. 1 in titans and the other in masters. OP if your getting hit by them often then you need to change your base. If I can get the majority of your storages and your TH with 8 eq then it's game on. You also have to have some high loot, I'm not coming for 300k each.

If your walls are level 11 or lower you should upgrade them ASAP because they chew through them fast.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; May 19th, 2021 at 04:32 PM.