Thread: Save it for good old memories

Save it for good old memories

As the forum has contributed so much to this game and we had some great discussions here, I think we all have our memories of some nice threads we would like to preserve.
    And as new discussions will take place on other platforms, it would be nice to be able to have the information we gathered on this forum as reference.
    A lot of the information will be accessible with the wayback machine of archive.org, but the easiest way to find something there is if you have the original web address. It also gives you the option to add a web-address which isn't archived yet or not updated recently.

Maybe you can add here some of the best threads and information from this forum you would like to save for the future. By saving this thread in the end in the archive, one bookmark can give you access to the information mentioned here.

For example:
    How trophies are calculated: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Trophy-Offers can be found here in the archive.

How the rule of 5 works: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...p-AI-explained can be found here in the archive.

Currently ruled out ideas: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...POSTING-%2A%2A can be found here in the archive.

I thought the strategic rushing guides of Sinofdusk are here to stay: rushing to TH9, rushing to TH10.

The difference between Maxed, Engineered, .5's and Rushed

You probably think of much more and I love to see all the strategic discussions, fun stories, heated debates gathered here. I hope it helps and maybe for those who now start searching on this forum for good old memories it also helps a bit in the grieving process.

Operation Blue Skies when endless waiting for an opponent in Legends came to an end and the game became playable for high ranked players. It was a bright day to remember. Explains the Legend League redesign including the Trophy calculation.

Banned
    Or SC can simply offer the database to someone who can carry on the forum using another domain name and another server. Just a suggestion. There could be many people here who would be rich enough to pay and crazy enough to actually do it

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    Or SC can simply offer the database to someone who can carry on the forum using another domain name and another server. Just a suggestion. There could be many people here who would be rich enough to pay and crazy enough to actually do it
    Unfortunately, I think that runs afoul of various laws and regulations governing the use of customer data. Assuming I remembered/interpreted Darian's earlier posts on the topic properly.

Fresh Spawn
    I see a link referring to the rule of 5, but I thought it was replaced by the rule of 3 (more accurate ‘turned back’). Or am I mistaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Scot88 View Post
    I see a link referring to the rule of 5, but I thought it was replaced by the rule of 3 (more accurate ‘turned back’). Or am I mistaking?
    This is correct. Still the best explanation how this rule works.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    Operation Blue Skies when endless waiting for an opponent in Legends came to an end and the game became playable for high ranked players. It was a bright day to remember. Explains the Legend League redesign including the Trophy calculation.
    My least favorite change to the game. But without global there really isn't anything left to do so clouds would be unbearable.

Blue skies basically took everyone above 5,000 cups out of multiplayer completely and put them in a 8 attack war format. You can lose loot ever. You don't have to reload defensive troops. You must attack the base that shows up. A set amount of loot can be won. I knew quickly it wasn't for me. But in fairness most games are not designed to appeal to dirt old chatty guys! Thankfully I made some friends when global was still active or I wouldn't be playing.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    My least favorite change to the game. But without global there really isn't anything left to do so clouds would be unbearable.

Blue skies basically took everyone above 5,000 cups out of multiplayer completely and put them in a 8 attack war format. You can lose loot ever. You don't have to reload defensive troops. You must attack the base that shows up. A set amount of loot can be won. I knew quickly it wasn't for me. But in fairness most games are not designed to appeal to dirt old chatty guys! Thankfully I made some friends when global was still active or I wouldn't be playing.
    You preferred staying in clouds for 8+ hours for one measly attack?

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    You preferred staying in clouds for 8+ hours for one measly attack?
    I think if you were in lower legends it wasn't quite that bad.

But I wonder how the OP found it before they made the change that allowed you to chat while clouding. IIRC, they made a change that allowed you to do this so you weren't totally bored while clouding.