Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: is tranfering ownership of a account with the permission of the original owner

is tranfering ownership of a account with the permission of the original owner

So i have a coc account it is originally own by my dad he doesn't play coc anymore so he given me his account with his permission is it a violation of the safe and fair rules or not

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    It is a violation of the rules.

Accounts are not permitted to be transferred/shared/sold.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TREEminer46 View Post
    So i have a coc account it is originally own by my dad he doesn't play coc anymore so he given me his account with his permission is it a violation of the safe and fair rules or not
    that okay, just tell anyone

My grandfather passed away and gave me his account. I don't have a good feeling within me.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

Pro Member
    As others have mentioned it is technically a violation of ToS, but Supercell will probably look the other way if they somehow detect it. They have better things to do with their resources than go after people handing their account to someone in their household.
    Last edited by Ostentatious; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:56 AM.

Play on it without mentioning. The way it's framed definitely violates TOS but considering it's your father you can use the ID.

Forum All-Star

Technically yes, which means if something goes wrong you can't complain.

You may be describing a very typical situation. I have children. I buy gaming devices ipods, phones tablets, which I own but they use. I download the game app and get it started, and give it to them to play. I register it under an email address that I own, but which just happens to match my child's name.

In all practical purposes, everything belongs to my child, but in legal purposes, it all belongs to me.

Stuff gets unclear when they reach 16-18 years of age.

If ever there were a legal dispute coming from this, my family has bigger problems than SuperCell can be held responsible for.

(somewhere between 16-18 years, my daughter abandoned her email address that I made for her, and got a new one)
    Last edited by George1971; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:38 AM.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    My grandfather passed away and gave me his account. I don't have a good feeling within me.
    This sort of thing happens. My grandmother asked her friend to feed her cat, and then my grandmother died two days later. She was 95.

Did your grandfather ask you to help with his home village gardening? Technically, you could say that your were just assisting. I think that assisting another play, while in the same household, is OK.

Did your grandfather give you his account by way of his will? I think that this falls under lifetime subscription services, like iTunes, where you "own" stuff for life, but it is not really ownership. I believe that SuperCell TOC declares that SuperCell owns the account, and the legal interpretation would be that your grandfather had a lifetime access to it.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    This really isn't open for discussion.

Sharing or transferring of accounts is against the ToS.

You may get away with it, but you may not, and discussing it is not appropriate for this forum.